The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

1 minute ago, bbbbb said:

I think the game against you was where we missed a trick. 3 up just after half time we could have subbed. and rested 3 players immediately, as you were never getting back. Instead we only used subs at the very end.

PS I don't watch SKY.

And you really believe that would have made  a difference to your performance yesterday get a grip :lol: 

19 minutes ago, stuartcraig said:

Might not be wise to put all your eggs in that basket.

Not if it's a cracking atmosphere... 

On a serious note, atmospheres everywhere are pretty dismal nowadays. Just watch Sky, or go to Ibrox for the average game - aside from OF games and European nights. Ultras are the way forward, and the club should be doing everything it can to encourage them. 

Monthly podcast up. Managed to record in person and had a few new voices as part of a squad rotation system as we push for the playoffs.

Let us know what you think.

Also, ladies team struggling to find funding. If you can afford to, please chuck something into the Go Fund Me for them [emoji815]️

https://www.gofundme.com/otl-podcast-soundcloud-costs

For the first time in years I haven’t been to the last few matches. It’s not because of the product on the park. I’m used to watching poor teams over the years! It’s because of what’s going on off the park. Like a lot of people I was ecstatic at the takeover by a group of “Airdrie minded people”. Now look at us. All the good guys have gone in unpleasant circumstances. I can’t get over it.

A friend gave me a copy of Saturday’s programme.  There was no page of news from the Trust.  The breakdown of the relationship between the board and the Trust says it all .  I know some members of the Trust and they give their time to numerous good causes .  The board falling out with them is ridiculous.

No doubt I will get over my feelings at some point. 

Future prospects are really unclear for the club.  The way the takeover has panned out causes me concern as it essentially puts us back to being subject to the whims of an individual, rather than the road ahead being mapped out by a collective.

I think next season will be a huge push for promotion, if we get it then I assume that all will be rosy in terms of finance. The real concern is what happens if we fail.  Lots of directors have walked away, the Trust has been pushed away, so who helps out financially if we are in league 1 again in 2020/21? I doubt PH will pump money in with no realistic way to recoup any of it. The stadium has survived with us being a poor league 1 team, and presumably will continue to do so, so where's his incentive?

On the park my view is that we should be aiming to be regular upper mid table in the Championship. That's the best sustainable position we can hope for, but we will need to do a hell of a lot of building to get there.

I hate the financial side of football. Too often clubs are ruined by greed, and the game itself has become an industry first and foremost. 
I follow Rangers, but having seen the club exploited by business opportunists, AKA chancers, I didn't want to pay up front for season tickets. Now  don't getto see the big games, unless I get loaned aticket, and I'm on a waiting list of 12,000. I've always liked the Airdrie club and was actually impressed by the standard of football in the lower leagues. 
So, I've decided not to get a season ticket at Ibrox, even if I am offered one. I am looking forward to watching Airdrie, regardless of their performances...but it would be nice to watch a club with aspirations and potential. 

Welcome aboard [emoji815]️

I hate the financial side of football. Too often clubs are ruined by greed, and the game itself has become an industry first and foremost. 

Yup, and at the same time we have to listen to the Premiership’s pet opinion columnists asking just what is the point of diddy clubs like ours and blaming us for the poor performance of our top league sides in Europe.

On a slightly related note, it was enjoyable to see football at this level covered in a non-condescending way by A View From the Terrace. It’s just a shame that most OF fans (yourself excluded of course) have such a narrow sphere of interest.

On 4/7/2019 at 09:52, Best Team in Angus said:

And you really believe that would have made  a difference to your performance yesterday get a grip :lol: 

I absolutely believe it could have mafe a difference either on Tuesday night, Saturday afternoon or both.

16 hours ago, G_&_T said:

I follow Rangers, but having seen the club exploited by business opportunists, AKA chancers, I didn't want to pay up front for season tickets. Now  don't getto see the big games, unless I get loaned aticket, and I'm on a waiting list of 12,000. I've always liked the Airdrie club and was actually impressed by the standard of football in the lower leagues. 

So, I've decided not to get a season ticket at Ibrox, even if I am offered one. I am looking forward to watching Airdrie, regardless of their performances...but it would be nice to watch a club with aspirations and potential. 

Spread the word mate - we could do with a few more like you!  Maybe there is a future outside the Old Firm after all!

anyone know if chrissys injury was bad?

Think it was the physical trauma of being turned inside out by Big Tonks all day that did for him!!![emoji6]

But it did look like he was holding his hammy when he was being helped off!!!