The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

It was pretty obvious from two or three games into the season we needed a striker,I know a lot on here will think I was always downing  MacIntosh ,The way I see it ,the manager is now is  begining to have his doubts ,He can win his fair share in the air and would need a striker to play off him ,Duffy has been a good player and maybe still is in this league but it's a nippy  striker we need if the manager is to play MacIntosh ,or where are the goals going to come from ,we keep hitting the post or bar , and hitting it past the post ,the few chances we create we have to have someone to hit the net ,got a bad feeling it will be worse after sat game ,they have Thomas who has made all the difference to Dumbarton .

Latest OTL Podcasts for anyone interested.

On the Fields matters and daft song

Boardroom Struggle

https://soundcloud.com/colin-telford/march-part-2-boardroom-schenanigans

Also have the begging bowl out to fund a proper soundcloud membership which would let me link things up properly with phone apps so that podcasts are delivered straight to your phone. Any donations to that massively appreciated - modest target of £90 and £30 already in [emoji815]️

https://www.gofundme.com/manage/otl-podcast-soundcloud-costs

2 hours ago, AFC1878 said:

So the 2nd last home game against Stenhousemuir on 13th April has been selected for live TV coverage on BBC Alba with a 5.15pm kickoff. They obviously see it as a potential relegation crunch.

A huge crowd no doubt. I will learn a few gaelic chants. Hopefully Easter time will have seen us rising up the table.  Last night's late goal for East Fife was a relief to me at least.  read the tiser today and what optimistic spin from the journalists.  Sean McIntosh is referred to as "the constant in the dressing room" over the last three years which makes me wonder where he was until three games ago.  The Dumbarton game is vital

On 3/13/2019 at 17:04, AFC1878 said:

So the 2nd last home game against Stenhousemuir on 13th April has been selected for live TV coverage on BBC Alba with a 5.15pm kickoff. They obviously see it as a potential relegation crunch.

Do we not even get on the new channel with HD and English speaking commentary??  Unfortunately I’ll probably end up going anyway.

On 13/03/2019 at 17:04, AFC1878 said:

So do I TBF. 

I'm travelling that day so think I'm probably one of the only people this suits. Having said that even if I was at home it might just have been too tempting to watch it at home with a beer instead. Dread to think what the crowd will be that day.

10 hours ago, airdrieman said:

So do I TBF. 

I'm travelling that day so think I'm probably one of the only people this suits. Having said that even if I was at home it might just have been too tempting to watch it at home with a beer instead. Dread to think what the crowd will be that day.

A win on sat will help the crowd ,can't see where our goals will come from .Carrick,@ Wilkie on from the start could help .would like to see us leave the loan boys on bench  ,anything is worth a try in this must win game.

Perhaps relegation may not be a bad thing?  We have stagnated in this league for several years and have never really looked like getting out,   A good run in division two might give the momentum to return to the upper leagues

Your last comment was what several of our fans said after our relegation last season and look how that’s turned out. Be careful what you wish for, that’s all.

1 hour ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

Your last comment was what several of our fans said after our relegation last season and look how that’s turned out. Be careful what you wish for, that’s all.

I would understand the point of seeing relegation to League 2 as an opportunity to consolidate if League 1 was too challenging an environment to stand a realistic chance of success.

But it isn't.

On 15/03/2019 at 16:05, Jack Reed said:

A bit of good news would not go  a miss , signing a striker or a good centre back ,or even a player that could pass a ball ,what a timely bit of news it would be ,I'll wake up ,we are Airdrie that just does not happen,

The game being off yesterday meant we didn't get beat at least. Thought results elsewhere yesterday didn't go too badly for us either. A draw between Stenny and Stranraer might have been ideal but Stranraer winning means Stenny are bottom and 6 points behind us having played a game more. 

5 hours ago, airdrieman said:

The game being off yesterday meant we didn't get beat at least. Thought results elsewhere yesterday didn't go too badly for us either. A draw between Stenny and Stranraer might have been ideal but Stranraer winning means Stenny are bottom and 6 points behind us having played a game more. 

I had similar thoughts before the game and it stopped Stenny's recent good run. It was also the first win for Stranraer in 10 (I think) . I am glad we don't have to play them till last game. As to Dumbarton I could not see in upcoming fixtures today when it would be rescheduled. Any info?

34 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Did we play our first team against Livy last night in reserve fixture,score would suggest there were a few in there ,or is that the players we are getting ready to step up to first team .

I know you're being facetious but the only 'first-team' players in the team were Page, Robertson and Edwards and with the exception of Edwards (and even then), none of them are first-team regulars. While it's a bad score it is worth pointing out that Ross Stewart (GK), Gregg Wylde, Shaun Byrne, Rafa Da Vita, Ryan Hardie, Scott Tiffoney and Jack Hamilton (who's played at least 16 games at first team level in League 2) were all playing so it's not necessarily a fair reflection on the young players at the club. Probably says a lot though about how the club rate Robertson and Page.