The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Will Carrick be fit for today,will the new boy get a start hope so ,and will Glass pass the ball the day ??? .A win today then we can talk about ins or outs for next season ,the re-build,think I've heard that before,Would have Conroy and Crighton as far from kirkcaldy as possible ,but that won't happen,anyway here is hoping 1-2 Airdrie .

Will Carrick be fit for today,will the new boy get a start hope so ,and will Glass pass the ball the day ??? .A win today then we can talk about ins or outs for next season ,the re-build,think I've heard that before,Would have Conroy and Crighton as far from kirkcaldy as possible ,but that won't happen,anyway here is hoping 1-2 Airdrie .

I’m fed up a saying this Conroy ain’t the worse player we’ve got

2 hours ago, Spanish Armada said:

Oh ,he is one of them his contribution to a game is usually nil .

We are in trouble ,with the squad of players and manager we have ,we are in trouble alright .,oh I forgot it's not his players , Findlay could not have done any worse ,looking at the league it's embarrassing.teams in league 2will be hoping that they will have to play us in the play offs and it looks very likely .

We are in trouble ,with the squad of players and manager we have ,we are in trouble alright .,oh I forgot it's not his players , Findlay could not have done any worse ,looking at the league it's embarrassing.teams in league 2will be hoping that they will have to play us in the play offs and it looks very likely .

f**k Findlay it’s him that got us into this mess by signing utter dross and I blame the board as well for sanctioning it

f**k Findlay it’s him that got us into this mess by signing utter dross and I blame the board as well for sanctioning it

Yes all these things however, Murray has got nothing out of the players he's inherited plus if his loan signings are anything to go by then I'm not very optimistic for the future. Another disaster of a season which could end up as our worst ever.

Today we were totally impotent as usual and posed no real threat to Raith who weren't at their best. It did not help that we were set up not to lose rather than to have a go at them.

Raith were always odds on to take the points so I fail to see the logic in going up their trying to contain them. Reminded me very much of Gary Bollan's approach to games and it ended with the same result. We have to throw caution to the wind now to get the points. I fearthat we will go to Dumbarton next week with the same approach and come back with the same result.

4 hours ago, AFC1878 said:

Does anyone else think we could be in big trouble?

Yes. I have posted on the game thread but we are sinking fast as the teams below keep picking up points. We also look feckless in attacking ideas, Given that we had some weird shape and players in strange positions with Conroy "operating" in so many areas no one seemed to get up to support Duffy. As for bringing McIntosh on and then sticking him out wide right I despair. The corner kick defending still bemuses me , We never looked like even pressurising an ordinary Raith side in that last ten minutes. It may well be Findlay's side etc but the  loan players and the return of Conroy has not given us a bounce. 40 points is needed but if we lose at Dumbarton next week then you have to rely on our home form which is worse than the rest of L1. 

I'm afraid that 40 points is not going to be enough.  Teams have been relegated  before with 40+, who would have envisaged this scenario at the start of the season? I really fear for this side as we go into the run in. From the start I was saying that we lack goal scorers in the side (in all positions) Murray hasn't really addressed this issue since he came in. Remember Bollan's side with a sound defence and Keigan Parker up front...we are much the same in my opinion.

I'm afraid that 40 points is not going to be enough.  Teams have been relegated  before with 40+, who would have envisaged this scenario at the start of the season? I really fear for this side as we go into the run in. From the start I was saying that we lack goal scorers in the side (in all positions) Murray hasn't really addressed this issue since he came in. Remember Bollan's side with a sound defence and Keigan Parker up front...we are much the same in my opinion.
Fair enough at 40 plus. I do worry if say 43 will be needed.

The teams below us ALL still have a game in hand as well, a small consolation is that Brechin play Stranraer, stennys game is against East Fife (i'm sure) and they're both on Tuesday, so we'll have a better idea.

Worst case scenario is (imo) Brechin and Stenny win, that would leave

Airdrie .. 34 pts

Brechin.. 31 pts

Stenny... 30 pts

Stranraer 29 pts

Its an incredibly tight league, and I seriously don't fancy this teams "dig" to get us away from safety.

Worrying times.

This team doesn’t have it in them for a relegation fight. Worst I’ve seen in years - I appreciate this is Findlay’s squad but Murray has done nothing to improve it or make them more organised in my opinion. It’s been the same dross since the Raith defeat early on. Absolutely raging at players that appear to have put a shift in for the cup tie and now vanished (with a couple of exceptions) and his loan signings have f*cking baffled me. Years of shite managerial appointments and boardroom chaos finally coming home to roost.

The teams below us ALL still have a game in hand as well, a small consolation is that Brechin play Stranraer, stennys game is against East Fife (i'm sure) and they're both on Tuesday, so we'll have a better idea.
Worst case scenario is (imo) Brechin and Stenny win, that would leave

Airdrie .. 34 pts
Brechin.. 31 pts
Stenny... 30 pts
Stranraer 29 pts

Its an incredibly tight league, and I seriously don't fancy this teams "dig" to get us away from safety.
Worrying times.

We’ve still to play Brechin, Stenny and Stranraer. And you can’t look at the remaining games and honestly say you fancy us to win ANY of them!

1 hour ago, She who dares gins said:

This team doesn’t have it in them for a relegation fight. Worst I’ve seen in years - I appreciate this is Findlay’s squad but Murray has done nothing to improve it or make them more organised in my opinion. It’s been the same dross since the Raith defeat early on. Absolutely raging at players that appear to have put a shift in for the cup tie and now vanished (with a couple of exceptions) and his loan signings have f*cking baffled me. Years of shite managerial appointments and boardroom chaos finally coming home to roost.

That's not really true though is it? He clearly thinks the current squad are hopeless and has tried to bring in players to address this. However we don't have the resources to bring in anything other than loan players. Unfortunately they aren't very good. Bizarrely, if he actually hadn't tried to improve the team I think we'd be slightly better off as the 'known quantity' of proven League One players (admittedly not very good ones) like Robertson, Miller, Stewart, Gallagher are probably a better bet at this point than boys on loan who look lost and have no investment. That is the dilemma for Murray until the end of the season, does he go for experience or does he persevere with young loanees, who may turn out to be decent players but aren't really going to change much over 8 games.

And we are more organised, the back 3 has been a good move and we don't look like conceding too many. The issue is we have no midfield and no threat from out wide. Our strikers aren't very good either but in fairness they get nothing to work with. Since Murray has brought in Glass and tried to play a bit of football we've been worse off. Our mini run of form came when McIntosh was up front, missed out the midfield and just went direct and played off second balls. I'd be looking to bring back a couple of the more experienced guys, go direct and play from there. There is not a chance that we are going to be able to play our way out of this by playing football. We are solid enough at the back that if we can just get more of the game played in the final third then we will get some goals, at the moment the ball isn't even reaching that far up the pitch.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever