The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

I’ve just been watching the manager’s post match interview in which he bemoans the standard of our forwards.

I have a suggestion for him. There’s a guy at Stranraer called Vittoria who might be worth a look.

The decision to let him go is beginning to appear a major blunder. If, as, rumoured, there was a discipline problem, surely that could have been dealt with by a fine rather than kicking him out?

What did Victoria do in his last 6/7 games before being dropped that people miss so much? Empty jersey who was a one trick pony. No surprise that’s he’s not made more of a career at his age. Let’s trust Murray to start building a decent squad next season. Anything this season is a bonus now.

5 hours ago, waysider said:

I’ve just been watching the manager’s post match interview in which he bemoans the standard of our forwards.

I have a suggestion for him. There’s a guy at Stranraer called Vittoria who might be worth a look.

The decision to let him go is beginning to appear a major blunder. If, as, rumoured, there was a discipline problem, surely that could have been dealt with by a fine rather than kicking him out?

He was in great form until mid October.

since then he's scored 1 goal in 12 games, the goal coming for stranraer. He also didn't play in 3 games during that time.

Duffy has scored 8 in those same games although to be fair he played in two of the games Victoria didn't, and appeared for 1 minute in the other.

Over the season Duffy has outscored him 11 to 9.

Duffy isn't the answer for us at the moment either IMO.

5 hours ago, airdrie_3 said:

Supposedly we are miles over our wage budget and we have loaned out some players to try lessen the budget till the end of the season, don’t know how much truth there is in that though

i reckon that's pretty accurate.

4 hours ago, Rio 2 said:

Onside!

Yep having seen the "goal" it is hard to believe that the official flagged it. I also wondered if I was at the same game in the manager's praise of Josh Campbell,:although he was more involved after Gallagher went  off , I don't think he is ready for L1. Maybe I am being harsh because I am frustrated. How we managed to lose is  still baffling  .

13 hours ago, Spanish Armada said:

Awk away ye go ya tit it was clearly 2-3 yards onside you should’ve been thumped 4 or 5

That is our one in  a season favourable decision.   Couldn't have come at a better time. 

Yep 4 or 5 wouldn't have been unrealistic but to win games you have to actually take those chances.  Our defensive workrate on Saturday deserved credit especially in the second half .   Big McGeever just collapsed in a heap at the final whistle after his efforts in his first game back for months. The rest of our threadbare side were equally as impressive. 

Hopefully every player took heart from that and once all the others are fit again I think we have the makings of a good squad for the run in.   Just need a decent striker to help Jackson and we will be sorted. 

That is our one in  a season favourable decision.   Couldn't have come at a better time. 
Yep 4 or 5 wouldn't have been unrealistic but to win games you have to actually take those chances.  Our defensive workrate on Saturday deserved credit especially in the second half .   Big McGeever just collapsed in a heap at the final whistle after his efforts in his first game back for months. The rest of our threadbare side were equally as impressive. 
Hopefully every player took heart from that and once all the others are fit again I think we have the makings of a good squad for the run in.   Just need a decent striker to help Jackson and we will be sorted. 

I wish we could defend like Brechin.