The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Out of interest, why did it take until December for this to become an issue at board level?
Surely either the Trust knew they had no plans to hand the money to the club this year and made their position clear or they knew (via being on the board) that the club was expecting the 10k and budgeting on that basis. Not having a go at any party here, genuinely interested to know how this hasn't been noticed until a year after the consortium got together and 6 months after we'd signed a squad.

Aye that does strike me as odd. That no one seemed to know or disclose that the KitAid money wasn’t coming in. Let’s try and get it sorted and give this new ownership a bit more time. I’m not interested in personalities or politics anymore, just a sustainable club that maybe does well again some day!

Aye that does strike me as odd. That no one seemed to know or disclose that the KitAid money wasn’t coming in. Let’s try and get it sorted and give this new ownership a bit more time. I’m not interested in personalities or politics anymore, just a sustainable club that maybe does well again some day!

Bob Reid said later in the meeting that the Budget/Forecast that everyone was working to had £10K against the trust but in the notes to that it stated £8.5K merchandise so it had been clear the merchandise would be counted towards that. Trust also covering Bryan Prunty’s wage which they’d been happy to do given how helpful he’d been down the years.

Agree with your point above, a sustainable, successful club needs to the common goal here.

Bob Reid said later in the meeting that the Budget/Forecast that everyone was working to had £10K against the trust but in the notes to that it stated £8.5K merchandise so it had been clear the merchandise would be counted towards that. Trust also covering Bryan Prunty’s wage which they’d been happy to do given how helpful he’d been down the years.

Agree with your point above, a sustainable, successful club needs to the common goal here.

Thanks for clarification. The only thing that leaves a sour taste for me is the suggestion the £10K would for shares would be taken if the KidAid money wasn’t paid. That’s poor if true.

The trust notes were very inconsistent and bordering on bitter at times on FB. The funds provided whether that be  £10 or £20k are trivial in comparison to the overall income of Airdrie FC. That wouldn't even cover a small proportion of the losses incurred by the club this season which is as far as I understand is in excess of £150k. Those remaining have been left to pick up the tab. The club will survive without the trust but there will be no trust without  Airdrieonians Football Club.  The tail simply cannot  wag the dog.

That aside, the club seem to have an employee who's main focus is to raise funds for the trust.  The trust then have an issue about the club asking for a share of that income for which the club pay and the trust contribute nothing. It would seem that the trust have given this no consideration and just want have their cake and eat it.  Perhaps the trust should consider compensating the club for the extensive fund raising services its had for free!!!

9 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

If that’s the attitude of the club towards the trust and people who’ve done so much for Airdrie over the years then I’m pretty horrified.

I'm speaking for me as a lifelong fan.  We don't all buy into the trust clique. They represent themselves not the Airdrie support as a whole.  A few home truths should not horrify you. 

The trust notes were very inconsistent and bordering on bitter at times on FB. The funds provided whether that be  £10 or £20k are trivial in comparison to the overall income of Airdrie FC. That wouldn't even cover a small proportion of the losses incurred by the club this season which is as far as I understand is in excess of £150k. Those remaining have been left to pick up the tab. The club will survive without the trust but there will be no trust without  Airdrieonians Football Club.  The tail simply cannot  wag the dog.
That aside, the club seem to have an employee who's main focus is to raise funds for the trust.  The trust then have an issue about the club asking for a share of that income for which the club pay and the trust contribute nothing. It would seem that the trust have given this no consideration and just want have their cake and eat it.  Perhaps the trust should consider compensating the club for the extensive fund raising services its had for free!!!

Where does that figure come from?

Does it take into account the Celtic Game and if so how have the cash flow requirements of the business been met?

I'm speaking for me as a lifelong fan.  We don't all buy into the trust clique. They represent themselves not the Airdrie support as a whole.  A few home truths should not horrify you. 

I’m not in the trust and don’t buy into anything - including this new ownership at the moment - but still respect what they’ve done and wouldn’t come on here to trash them or the committee. Same goes for the new owners, but doesn’t appear from your post that they have any problems with that as you seem to have some knowledge of the issues - they’ll lose more fans than they’ll gain if that’s their attitude.

What are you on about?

14 hours ago, Diamond Dave said:

You are a sad individual.

Two things;
Cheers to big stretch for posting about the meeting.
Yep, it’s not palatable but PH won’t want to lose income so it’s probably best placed with him. Until there are viable options to have club and stadium together under an alternative umbrella, we’re stick with what we’ve got. This boy doesn’t want to lose money.

Nae bother PH

1 hour ago, Pesadilla said:

Yep, it’s not palatable but PH won’t want to lose income so it’s probably best placed with him. Until there are viable options to have club and stadium together under an alternative umbrella, we’re stick with what we’ve got. This boy doesn’t want to lose money.

Think you are right. 

Have to assume that a successful Airdrie has to be more profitable to stadium buisness and PH would want this. 

I've been mulling over the issues with the Trust and the Board and I've got mixed feelings on the whole thing.

Firstly, I've been really down about the departures from the board, the people involved were the reason I was fully behind the plans for the takeover. Stuart Shields in particular.

Also, whoever spoke to Willie in the borderline abusive manner that they appear to have, need to have a good look at themselves.  It's also clear that PH is pretty single minded and difficult to deal with and he needs to cut the shit and work with people. He should be courting the Trust, not putting up barriers.

However, whilst I'm up for the club/Trust playing a part in the community (my pride in my town is linked with my love of the club) I think the Trust's first priority should be ensuring, within whatever bounds it is operating at the time, that the club is successful. So, whether money was due or not due is pretty irrelevant. If we have funds we should be using them to support the club. Maybe PH should show some humility during discussions right enough.

Now, to be clear, I would vote in favour of the Trust paying Bryan Prunty's wages every day and twice on a Sunday. But what's this about "we were happy to  help with his return to the club"? Who is we? This really pisses me off about the Trust. In my opinion, the Trust committee or Officers should work on behalf of the members of the Trust. Not the current situation where decisions are made without voting and where info is held back until our yearly crisis rolls around. I've mentioned it before,  but we've not heard much from the Trust since the takeover.

So, in summary, PH seems to have wrecked my dreams of a new Airdrie controlled by fans, and I want the Trust to do more to change that and ensure the club is successful. Leverage him using our chequebook seems an obvious tactic.

4 hours ago, Pesadilla said:

Two things;
Cheers to big stretch for posting about the meeting.

I agree