The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

On 19/06/2019 at 13:22, The Moonster said:

I'd expect Roy to play out wide. I don't think he's positionally good enough to play up top. Out wide he offers great pace and a willingness to take folk on but he always looks very raw. Down side to him playing wide is that he does very little defensive work, but with Wedderburn in defensive midfield that might not be an issue for you if he can cover when things break down. 

I'm confident Gallagher will bag you more than 15 goals if he plays up front all season.

That's encouraging to hear about Gallagher. Do you think Roy would work well out wide up top? That might give you the benefit of his pace and skill and negate his lack of defensive ability somewhat. 

23 hours ago, AFC1878 said:

Not on FB. Are the club now using it as an official media outlet or is SM using his personal account?

23 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

His personal account on the fans group. Someone was speculating on various possible players we had been linked to and he was on saying Oreilly was the only one with any truth in it. Has been in there a few times and always seems to answer things quite candidly if asked. I like it tbh.

I like it in some respects and Millar is very professional, on it and overall a good communicator. But I still don't really think an unofficial fans' forum is a place for players, players' friends and family members or employees of the club. I recognise Millar is slightly different and has been a member since before he was employed by the club, but nevertheless it could turn out quite nasty and unprofessional, especially if things don't go quite the way we want this season on the pitch and people start slinging mud at Millar, Murray and each other. 

Euan O'Reilly's been spoken highly of by Millar and a couple of St Johnstone and BSC fans. That's encouraging. Loan signings can be hit or miss, for every Scott Fraser there's a Marco Andreoni, and it's a massive step-up from youth/reserve football (and even from BSC's level) to first team football in League 1. As a young inexperienced winger he might take a while to find his feet too. But hopefully he'll be able to make an impact for us. Hopefully he's more Scott Fraser than Andreoni or Scott Smith or maybe more aptly George Hunter. Wonder if he's the other midfielder or forward Murray wanted to sign?

Spoiler

59 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Loan signings can be hit or miss, for every Scott Fraser there's a Marco Andreoni, and it's a massive step-up from youth/reserve football (and even from BSC's level) to first team football in League 1. As a young inexperienced winger he might take a while to find his feet too. But hopefully he'll be able to make an impact for us. Hopefully he's more Scott Fraser than Andreoni or Scott Smith or maybe more aptly George Hunter. Wonder if he's the other midfielder or forward Murray wanted to sign?

Good points but please don't awaken  nightmare  memories of these loan players, I can't remember Scott Smith but Andreoni must be one of the worst. Did the Hunter guy not score a wonder goal from the far touchline or am I hallucinating?

Edited by Chapelhall chap

7 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Good points but please don't awaken  nightmare  memories of these loan players, I can't remember Scott Smith but Andreoni must be one of the worst. Did the Hunter guy not score a wonder goal from the far touchline or am I hallucinating?

Yeah that's right. Was a corker. Don't think he done anything else of note though unless I'm mis-remembering. 

8 hours ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:
13 hours ago, stuartcraig said:
That’s the bowfin’ one available.

Prefer it to the black and red. Always liked the sky blue colour, brings out my eyes.

Where do you normally keep them?