Moon

The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Seems a bit pointless. I assume he's costing us nothing or very little but O'Neil, Stewart, Robertson and McIntosh can play on the right fairly comfortably. Not sure where he's been playing for the reserves but I'm sure Robbie Leighton has played there before.

Even if he's an upgrade, with so many options there and the season effectively over as a contest why do we need Houston?

Seems a bit pointless. I assume he's costing us nothing or very little but O'Neil, Stewart, Robertson and McIntosh can play on the right fairly comfortably. Not sure where he's been playing for the reserves but I'm sure Robbie Leighton has played there before.

Even if he's an upgrade, with so many options there and the season effectively over as a contest why do we need Houston?

Its a strange one right enough, and like you, not a position that was crying out for reinforcements, certainly not before a striker anyway.

Admittedly I've not been to many games recently but that's by the by, and Murray certainly can't be seen to come out and say the seasons effectively over. Especially since there's more of a chance of being dragged into the fight below if results in rearranged games go against us.

We need to get back to winning ways, if just to consolidate and afford ourselves a few "dead rubbers" in the final few weeks to look forward and plan for what will (in my opinion) be a massive season next year.

If we've still got that money set aside for a head start on a playing budget next year, then this manager should fully be backed to overhaul the team.

There might never be a better chance to progress before the crowds decline further.

We need to get back to winning ways, if just to consolidate and afford ourselves a few "dead rubbers" in the final few weeks to look forward and plan for what will (in my opinion) be a massive season next year.
[The]manager should fully be backed to overhaul the team.
There might never be a better chance to progress before the crowds decline further.

I’m pretty sure we were saying the very same thing this time last year.

Not one bit better off than last season ? Maybe a lot worse with all the big wages being paid to poor players ,Groundhog airdrie every season .got a feeling this will be my last game this season ,gets harder when there is no improvement  .

Not one bit better off than last season ? Maybe a lot worse with all the big wages being paid to poor players ,Groundhog airdrie every season .got a feeling this will be my last game this season ,gets harder when there is no improvement  .

I’m the same mate,every week I say “f**k that I’m no going back” but I still find myself standing on the terracing or in the stand but by the looks of it after every season it just gets harder and harder to watch cause this ain’t airdrie

Today’s defeat not unexpected, but we’re now just 9 points off the bottom and 6 off the relegation playoff having played 2 games more than the 3 bottom teams.

Today’s defeat not unexpected, but we’re now just 9 points off the bottom and 6 off the relegation playoff having played 2 games more than the 3 bottom teams.
It was the same before today, as I pointed out during the week with EVERY team below us having at least 1 game in hand.

We played quite well today Hutton had a couple of good saves,Though Houston came into the game more as it went on,Conroy is Conroy,Duffy and carrick had good link up play,Scott Stewart was woeful when he came on Both penalties were never a penalty referee couldn’t wait to give them apart from that I don’t see us going down

I was pleased at play in general but felt Carrick was excellent. Kept them restricted but annoyed at the fouls easily conceded. I was at far end but the 2nd penalty looks a real dive. McIntosh should have equalised. The North Sea waves nearly got me at FT.

We played quite well today Hutton had a couple of good saves,Though Houston came into the game more as it went on,Conroy is Conroy,Duffy and carrick had good link up play,Scott Stewart was woeful when he came on Both penalties were never a penalty referee couldn’t wait to give them apart from that I don’t see us going down
Conroy the corner and free kick waster.

Conroy ,Stewart , Gallagher a waste of a jersey and MacIntosh not much better should have scored .a good striker would have won us at least a point ,points won over last 5 don’t make good reading .relagation form am afraid .

1 hour ago, Jack Reed said:

Conroy ,Stewart , Gallagher a waste of a jersey and MacIntosh not much better should have scored .a good striker would have won us at least a point ,points won over last 5 don’t make good reading .relagation form am afraid .

You come across as a  "Glass half empty" kind of guy!

Where were you standing for your view of the penalties?

Half way the first one is a soft pen the second one is a joke as Muzzball says

The 1st one is a penalty no doubt about it

The second one my first thought was a dive, but need to see it again

Refs aren't great at this level and although you're moaning number 7 was very lucky to stay on and number 8 should've been booked long before he took out bobby. Maybe the 2nd pen was lucky for us but you had your share of luck too

The 1st one is a penalty no doubt about it

The second one my first thought was a dive, but need to see it again

Refs aren't great at this level and although you're moaning number 7 was very lucky to stay on and number 8 should've been booked long before he took out bobby. Maybe the 2nd pen was lucky for us but you had your share of luck too

Refs aren’t great at any level they haven’t been great for years!! The first one is soft and the second one is a blatant dive I might sound like one of the OF but we’ve been cheated out of a valuable 3 points

9 hours ago, Rio 2 said:

You come across as a  "Glass half empty" kind of guy!

Not really,do you hold out a lot of hope for this team ,without a decent striker we are going down .have we been any worse than we are now!!.

1 hour ago, Jack Reed said:

Not really,do you hold out a lot of hope for this team ,without a decent striker we are going down .have we been any worse than we are now!!.

We’ve been bottom of this league previously so I think we’ve probably been worse. 

I don’t disagree on the striker front but we hardly make an array of chances. Creativity is as much an issue.