The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

7 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Thought we would have got a bit more views on the game ,nice to have a good Airdrie strip but  it's who wears them that I'm more interested in .

Apologies Jack, I don't  normally indulge in strip talk but being 100 year anniversary of the Scottish cup win then I would say it's more important than normal and perhaps it could be a big seller. 

7 hours ago, Diamonds on the Windshield said:

I thought Kurtis Roberts was the best player on the field last night . He won most of his 50/50's , was good playing forward, broke up our forward passing game and got in some decent tackles. He also looks very comfortable moving with the ball and was the reason Clyde looked better than the scoreline suggests.

Maybe a good addition to the Diamonds when the crop of young midfielders go back to their parent clubs next season.

He was impressive in the last game against us too. A good, tidy player with bags of energy. I was surprised we let him go to be honest.

44 minutes ago, *marko* said:

He was impressive in the last game against us too. A good, tidy player with bags of energy. I was surprised we let him go to be honest.

If Kurt is Roberts is the answer, I would like to know the question.    A journeyman lower league player 1 goal in 24 games,  we had him before and he never cut it,  If the ambition of the club would be to re sign dross like that, we will be stuck in this league a lot longer.....

He played well last night without really doing anything , he did get the better of 18 year old McMaster who hasn't even had 10 career starts...  Can see McCabe slotting back into Midfield for the Allo a game with ATS back on defence, or that's what should happen...

1 hour ago, Kenny_m said:

Apologies Jack, I don't  normally indulge in strip talk but being 100 year anniversary of the Scottish cup win then I would say it's more important than normal and perhaps it could be a big seller. 

Strip it is then ,

13 minutes ago, Passionate said:

If Kurt is Roberts is the answer, I would like to know the question.    A journeyman lower league player 1 goal in 24 games,  we had him before and he never cut it,  If the ambition of the club would be to re sign dross like that, we will be stuck in this league a lot longer.....

He played well last night without really doing anything , he did get the better of 18 year old McMaster who hasn't even had 10 career starts...  Can see McCabe slotting back into Midfield for the Allo a game with ATS back on defence, or that's what should happen...

Concur, got to play our best player's and McCabe should be in the starting 11.

9 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

image.thumb.jpeg.157e69eddec2ee5f4dbf030d1cbda4e3.jpegjust make it look like something like this, don’t have it held up until November and don’t charge almost 100 quid just because it’s  an anniversary strip. 

14 hours ago, Passionate said:

To see people calling for us to sign a 28 year old who has spent his whole career in League 2 and mid-table League 1, who wasn't really good enough 3 years ago, is beyond strange to me. Roberts on Friday was what he always was - enthusiastic, energetic, but ultimately pretty ineffective.

We seem to have fans who pine for former players who they believe 'weren't given a chance', yet almost without exception they leave us to similar or (usually) much worse teams and it just confirms we were right to release them - McIntosh, Cairns, O'Neill, Roberts, Kerr, Russell, Watt, Bain and many more. None of them were good enough (slightly harsh on Kerr maybe, but injury record meant he had to go) when we were a side more at risk of relegation than promotion so they certainly wouldn't be good enough now. Only Airdrie fans could watch us score 18 goals in 3 games and then say 'we could really do with Kurtis Roberts'.

24 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

McIntosh, Cairns, O'Neill, Roberts, Kerr, Russell, Watt, Bain and many more.

Ah yes, the days when developing our own academy players was our only hope, and the clamours to keep them on the books “because they ran about a lot”.

Add this to recent revisionism about Craig Truesdale because he did well against Aberdeen.

40 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

To see people calling for us to sign a 28 year old who has spent his whole career in League 2 and mid-table League 1, who wasn't really good enough 3 years ago, is beyond strange to me. Roberts on Friday was what he always was - enthusiastic, energetic, but ultimately pretty ineffective.

We seem to have fans who pine for former players who they believe 'weren't given a chance', yet almost without exception they leave us to similar or (usually) much worse teams and it just confirms we were right to release them - McIntosh, Cairns, O'Neill, Roberts, Kerr, Russell, Watt, Bain and many more. None of them were good enough (slightly harsh on Kerr maybe, but injury record meant he had to go) when we were a side more at risk of relegation than promotion so they certainly wouldn't be good enough now. Only Airdrie fans could watch us score 18 goals in 3 games and then say 'we could really do with Kurtis Roberts'.

McIntosh stepped up ,going to fall down again I think ,

19 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

The Wet Wet Wet strip needs to be recreated. Classic sponsor that one.

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

The Wet Wet Wet strip needs to be recreated. Classic sponsor that one.

Can't believe I'm having to use this again, but if the situation fits...

It's 2002, the Euro has just been rolled out across the continent, Brazil have won the world cup, the Streets release their debut album, this is cutting edge patter...

5 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Ah, apologies if that's the case! Sean McIntosh was one of they guys he got better with every game he never played.

It was Sean that I was referring to. There was someone on here thought he was the new Beckenbauer.

4 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Can't believe I'm having to use this again, but if the situation fits...

It's 2002, the Euro has just been rolled out across the continent, Brazil have won the world cup, the Streets release their debut album, this is cutting edge patter...

Pish response though.

16 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Pish response though.

You're using 20 year old patter which was barely funny at the time and feeling very pleased with yourself for it. I reckon judging the value of others contributions is something you shouldn't be attempting.