The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

18 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Including the Dundee game, we’ve lost 13 goals from a winning or drawing position after going down to 10 men and haven’t won any of those games (v Dundee, Edinburgh and Dunfermline). Farcical isn’t it? 

Forgot the first Edinburgh home game when Ballantyne was sent off at 0-0 so that’s actually 19 goals. Pitiful really. 

1 hour ago, airdrieman said:

Forgot the first Edinburgh home game when Ballantyne was sent off at 0-0 so that’s actually 19 goals. Pitiful really. 

Pretty remarkable you have lost more goals from that position that we have all season (15)

Watched the extended interview with McCabe it's even worse than the original minute and a half video on twitter.

He takes zero responsibility or accountability for the mannerism of the defeat, game management or substitutions.

Even worse making a comment at the end of the video 'they better be at it on Monday morning'. Completely throwing them under a bus.

In contrast James McPake was very complimentary about Airdrie and came across very well in his interview and spoke a lot of sense, I've never rated him at all as a manager but I have to say he's doing a great job.

I normally agree with 90% of what McCabe says in his interviews but I have to say he's talking complete nonsense.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

At least your team have more fight on them than your Section B. Airdrie do play good football, certainly best I've seen against the Pars this season so far. 

1 minute ago, David Fernández said:

Watched the extended interview with McCabe it's even worse than the original minute and a half video on twitter.

He takes zero responsibility or accountability for the mannerism of the defeat, game management or substitutions.

Even worse making a comment at the end of the video 'they better be at it on Monday morning'. Completely throwing them under a bus.

In contrast James McPake was very complimentary about Airdrie and came across very well in his interview and spoke a lot of sense, I've never rated him at all as a manager but I have to say he's doing a great job.

I normally agree with 90% of what McCabe says in his interviews but I have to say he's talking complete nonsense.

I'm with you in that I generally think he's quite level headed and objective, even when we win by a few goals he's quite measured and doesn't get carried away. But the 2 interviews where he has come across really badly were the Edinburgh defeat and yesterday. Both times there was no real acceptance of the management team's role. If it happens once then you maybe get away with pointing the finger at players but as has been mentioned by a few on here this has happened a few times now, it's beyond the individual errors stage and well into managerial responsibility. I remember posting after the Edinburgh hammering that although the performance and interview were concerning I was okay with it as long as McCabe managed to learn from it, which hasn't been the case yet.

You also can't really get away with the blaming the players routine when 20% of the outfield is you and the Assistant Manager.

I normally couldn't care less about interviews but sometimes they can be revealing and the refusal to accept blame might explain why this keeps happening.

1 hour ago, David Fernández said:

Aye - watching that full thing has me annoyed. You’re a player and a manager you’re doubly culpable but make out like you have nothing to do to with. No acknowledging how painful it was for us as fans too. 

The other bit in the ‘free’  interview about not taking more chances and shouldn’t have let Dunfermline back in…..any team that is 3-0 up at home has already done enough. Going down to 10 men and 3-1 means it’s tactics + fight and McCabe has shown to be incapable of instilling either into the team. Point the finger at yourself before pointing at others 

40 minutes ago, Peaked in the 90’s said:

The other bit in the ‘free’  interview about not taking more chances and shouldn’t have let Dunfermline back in…..any team that is 3-0 up at home has already done enough. Going down to 10 men and 3-1 means it’s tactics + fight and McCabe has shown to be incapable of instilling either into the team. Point the finger at yourself before pointing at others 

I said it before but if he, and the team, don’t believe that the game is over when we’re 3-0 up at home, then that’s a serious problem with their mentality. TBF, I guess they’re not wrong! But yes when you’re 3-0 up at home with half an hour to go, 10 men or not, you should be home and hosed. 

6 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

I said it before but if he, and the team, don’t believe that the game is over when we’re 3-0 up at home, then that’s a serious problem with their mentality. TBF, I guess they’re not wrong! But yes when you’re 3-0 up at home with half an hour to go, 10 men or not, you should be home and hosed. 

13 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Bring him home. 

9F04C52C-E58D-41F3-94D1-3AEE522AC05D.jpeg

Get him back ,

4 hours ago, Wind Chime Jimmy said:

At least your team have more fight on them than your Section B. Airdrie do play good football, certainly best I've seen against the Pars this season so far. 

Were you looking for a fight yesterday?

4 hours ago, David Fernández said:

He's a clown when he goes on like that. At the moment the players are playing for him and buying in to his philosophy. Carry on spouting pish like that and he'll start losing the respect of the dressing room, players will turn against him, and then he's in real trouble. Get a grip Rhys FFS.