The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

18 minutes ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

Just shows that Airdrie don’t have to be rich to have a player of that calibre. 

Will reserve judgement, been let down with a good few players that were supposed to be good, here's hoping though with Frizzell and Rae back and now a Prince, 

On 12/12/2022 at 09:35, David Fernández said:

I assume you will be getting this Christmas bauble for the top of your tree then?

CutPaste_2022-12-12_09-31-12-083.jpg

Will sit along nicely with my ATS one 😂

1 hour ago, AJ77 said:

I wonder why he's not getting in the matchday squad when 4/5 other U18s boys are, seems a lot of hype about the boy.

The article says 'only FIFA rules have prevented him from making a full debut in League One. But next month he'll be eligible for McCabe's squad'. Whether that's the 'only' reason who knows but it would be brilliant to see him come off the bench at least once. A bit of size and chaos factor can be a difference maker. Had to laugh at the bit that says 'But he admits he couldn't have envisaged North Lanarkshire as being the starting point for a professional career'. 

image.thumb.jpeg.da11e4c38c68fb713010cb79abc2b704.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8f5eb7af03e895fc21837ffe33c60ac8.jpeg

2 hours ago, airdrieman said:

The article says 'only FIFA rules have prevented him from making a full debut in League One. But next month he'll be eligible for McCabe's squad'. Whether that's the 'only' reason who knows but it would be brilliant to see him come off the bench at least once. A bit of size and chaos factor can be a difference maker. Had to laugh at the bit that says 'But he admits he couldn't have envisaged North Lanarkshire as being the starting point for a professional career'. 

6ft 5 at 17 lol hopefully see him in January then!

2 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Not to question out future superstar but how on earth can he remember watching Henry and Eto’o for Barcelona if he’s only just turned 17?