The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

McIntosh will score goals for you, just as his scoring record will make out.

Unfortunately he is not the striker to rely upon to pull you out of a hole or score that decisive match winning goal. You get what you pay for... Leighton left us as top scorer and did exactly what we brought him in to do...we can't say the same about some of the other forwards.

Did the breakdown not begin with the apparent 'mix up' regarding the season just past Kitaid Free season tickets,   I am led to believe the club did not receive th e 10k for this gesture from the ST,  is this correct and has monies now been paid up.  I think the ST thought the club would fit the bill due to the ST being involved in the consortium and shares being purchased.   Can someone clarify.

What a merry dance we’re on. It’s been publicised the Trust gave stock, the club accepted then apparently backtracked. Don’t know any more but I think with the lawyers.
I imagine you knew that.

I’ve been called a c**t for not towing the line before. We are a spectacular bunch at times.

I do remember that. I don’t think it was Trust related was it? You were anti ballantyne? Wrong anyway. Bams on both sides obviously.

I get the point here though - it’s a worse scheme that is less inclusive. Freebies are great, but giving less freebies and excluding more kids than before is a bad thing.

I get the point here though - it’s a worse scheme that is less inclusive. Freebies are great, but giving less freebies and excluding more kids than before is a bad thing.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they lost a few Trust members from the gate as well. A couple of guys that I know have had season tickets for 40 years and have said that they won’t be back.

2 hours ago, AFC1878 said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if they lost a few Trust members from the gate as well. A couple of guys that I know have had season tickets for 40 years and have said that they won’t be back.

I keep seeing reference made to legal actions although no idea what they are? (Sacking of Commercial Manager, trust/club contracts)

I keep seeing reference made to legal actions although no idea what they are? (Sacking of Commercial Manager, trust/club contracts)

I’m not too sure either but apparently it is partly to do with the club/stadium clearing the shop of Trust merchandise and refusing to return it to the Trust.

3 minutes ago, AFC1878 said:

I’m not too sure either but apparently it is partly to do with the club/stadium clearing the shop of Trust merchandise and refusing to return it to the Trust.

Pretty sad really.

10 hours ago, CapitalDiamond said:

Latest podcast. Discussion with Stuart Millar on his career and his time with Airdrie so far. Should now also find it on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Deezer and Tune In. Search OTL Podcast.

Excellent interview, good to hear how the hybrid setup is shaping up and I think Stuart explains the reasoning behind which players will be full/part time pretty well. It seems more and more that different factors (location/jobs/family) are coming into the equation when trying to sign players so having the hybrid setup can be appealing to certain players. The fact Hawkshaw and Roberts are both part time but will be able to train an extra day means they're only missing one days training so it's all beneficial to Murray and the players.

You'd be here all week screenshotting all the post from Facebook. But most of them are from people close to the Trust rather than the actual committee. Some of the abuse that people who argue the Clubs side get is out of order. The arguments have got personal. 

As for the fall out between the Trust and Club, it's very unlikely that the feud will ever be resolved. From what I hear there are members of the Trust that the club would never deal with again.  Things have been said (I think probably after a few too many beers) that have found there way back to the Club. Whatever has been said Sam Green and Paul Hetherington don't want anything to do with them. 

All in all it's a depressing situation. Both sides have made mistakes. I wish they could just sort it out but sadly I think it's only going to get worse. 

22 minutes ago, AFC1878 said:

There's also the matter of shares in the club.

You'd be here all week screenshotting all the post from Facebook. But most of them are from people close to the Trust rather than the actual committee. Some of the abuse that people who argue the Clubs side get is out of order. The arguments have got personal. 
As for the fall out between the Trust and Club, it's very unlikely that the feud will ever be resolved. From what I hear there are members of the Trust that the club would never deal with again.  Things have been said (I think probably after a few too many beers) that have found there way back to the Club. Whatever has been said Sam Green and Paul Hetherington don't want anything to do with them. 
All in all it's a depressing situation. Both sides have made mistakes. I wish they could just sort it out but sadly I think it's only going to get worse. 

I find this hard to believe. I can’t imagine any Airdrie fan would allow themselves to have “a few too many beers”.