Jump to content

The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

We forced your keeper into just the one actual save in the full 90 minutes and were therefore rightfully beaten. 

Until we shift the shite from last season on we won't do anything.

But you've got loads of fans pal

xoxox

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Having a little bit of a ‘wow’ moment in the immediate aftermath of that. TBH, didn’t see a 4-0 score line and I had 4 goals predicted but with a 2-2 result. Gal scoring against Falkirk… again! Can’t beat it. And options coming off the bench and scoring, something we’ve complained about previously. All VERY satisfying! Falkirk? They still seem to have that hangover they carried all season long last year and alarm bells will ring if their first win doesn’t come very soon. Interesting interview coming from McGlynn I think, last week floating the idea of a Falkirk win today. Rhys will be all smiles, predictable interview coming. Both teams have some additions to come, next time we meet there will be changes but honestly feel Falkirk are on the verge of setting up some poor expectations for the season ahead. Dunfermline was always my main worry, good result for them today. Can’t wait to face them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, FLDiamond said:

Having a little bit of a ‘wow’ moment in the immediate aftermath of that. TBH, didn’t see a 4-0 score line and I had 4 goals predicted but with a 2-2 result. Gal scoring against Falkirk… again! Can’t beat it. And options coming off the bench and scoring, something we’ve complained about previously. All VERY satisfying! Falkirk? They still seem to have that hangover they carried all season long last year and alarm bells will ring if their first win doesn’t come very soon. Interesting interview coming from McGlynn I think, last week floating the idea of a Falkirk win today. Rhys will be all smiles, predictable interview coming. Both teams have some additions to come, next time we meet there will be changes but honestly feel Falkirk are on the verge of setting up some poor expectations for the season ahead. Dunfermline was always my main worry, good result for them today. Can’t wait to face them

I was concerned Gallagher’s goal tally would drop off a bit with East Fife out the league but I’m all for Falkirk becoming his new East Fife.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KD1711 said:

Quite happy to see Gallagher chip in with 2 today after all the undeserved stick he got pre season. Hopefully we can hang on as well be a great result.

 

Still bizarre to me the criticism he gets from some fans. As today showed yet again he has a ridiculous ability to be in the right position in the penalty box. He'll always miss a few sitters but the amount of times he does what he did today far outweighs that. The key with him is that he's playing in an attacking side with plenty of the ball as playing 30/40 yards from goal is certainly not his strength, however it's clear so far that that will be the case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's obviously important for every team to start well but I think for us this season it was even more crucial with McCabe new in the role and frustration of some fans over lack of signings. A poor start and people would have been questioning the sense of appointing McCabe. We've no idea how the season will turn out yet but at the very least it's shown everyone that he deserves a good shot at it. 2 wins, 2 clean sheets and beating St Mirren in the cup is encouraging.

Equally, today's result was crucial in ensuring Falkirk don't get a good start and to try and prolong the negativity from the last few seasons. A good start for them might have allowed them to gain a bit of momentum and brush off last season a bit quicker.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

 

Still bizarre to me the criticism he gets from some fans. As today showed yet again he has a ridiculous ability to be in the right position in the penalty box. He'll always miss a few sitters but the amount of times he does what he did today far outweighs that. The key with him is that he's playing in an attacking side with plenty of the ball as playing 30/40 yards from goal is certainly not his strength, however it's clear so far that that will be the case.

If he his all round game was as good as his movement and knowing exactly where to be in the box then he’d be at a far better team than Airdrie, we’re never going to get the perfect player. Reliable goal scorers don’t come around too often at this level, just look at Falkirk today. We’re fortunate to have five decent options up there but for me Gallagher will always be the main man as if you create chances for him, which we will with the way we play, he guarantees you goals every season.

Edited by Mr November
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
Still bizarre to me the criticism he gets from some fans. As today showed yet again he has a ridiculous ability to be in the right position in the penalty box. He'll always miss a few sitters but the amount of times he does what he did today far outweighs that. The key with him is that he's playing in an attacking side with plenty of the ball as playing 30/40 yards from goal is certainly not his strength, however it's clear so far that that will be the case.

100%. He misses chances but puts himself into a position to miss them. We are down to bare bones as it is squad wise so I will certainly not be turning my nose up at a striker who can chip in with double digits every season.

Hopefully we can get a couple of players in to beef up the squad as we had 16 players today, in that we have a 17,18,19 and 2 x 20 year olds and then we have Hutton who we will be playing as a last resort judging by the emergency loan.

If we want to make a challenge this season we will need to add to squad numbers. Let’s hope he McCabe something up his sleeve.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just to keep that rumour going, I’m pretty sure Owen Moffat was at the game today with Bosun Lawal, who’s also at Celtic, and another player. Lawal’s brother came on for Falkirk so possibly there for that but Moffat does seem to come to an odd number of our games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, KD1711 said:


100%. He misses chances but puts himself into a position to miss them. We are down to bare bones as it is squad wise so I will certainly not be turning my nose up at a striker who can chip in with double digits every season.

Hopefully we can get a couple of players in to beef up the squad as we had 16 players today, in that we have a 17,18,19 and 2 x 20 year olds and then we have Hutton who we will be playing as a last resort judging by the emergency loan.

If we want to make a challenge this season we will need to add to squad numbers. Let’s hope he McCabe something up his sleeve.

Just now, Mr November said:

Just to keep that rumour going, I’m pretty sure Owen Moffat was at the game today with Bosun Lawal, who’s also at Celtic, and another player. Lawal’s brother came on for Falkirk so possibly there for that but Moffat does seem to come to an odd number of our games.

 

To be fair I think it's only fair that the Owen Moffat signing rumour gets filed away with the West Ham striker and Hristo Stoichkov....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m very worried about playing yous next week with our weak back line it could end up a cricket score.

Hopefully Airdrie have a bit of sense and bombard Currie with crosses.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For anyone who has not yet watched the post match interviews, get on it. McCabe still demanding even more. Superb. Gall saying how hard they're working, McCabe pushing them hard and it's paying dividends. 

Superb to watch and that's McCabe's stamp all over it. Work hard on the ball, work even harder off it. Magic. ♦️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...