The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

46 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Euan D has done fine so far, I do get the impression he will get it tight from the support though for whatever reason,   Agree another defender is required though,   Rhys has said in latest DTV interview another 2 will be coming in.....

Are we still technically defending our League unbeaten record at Peter head today,  

I’ve been waiting until this day to make this point but absolutely yes. Our only losses in 2022 have came against Partick Thistle (Scottish Cup), Montrose (Playoff semi first leg), Queen’s Park (playoff final extra time, didn’t actually lose in 90 minutes) and Arbroath (League Cup). FC Edinburgh we lost to on penalties but the group table shows it as a draw so definitely not counting that as a loss. Last league loss came against Montrose on the 7th of December. We’re going for 21 today and no once can tell me any different.

5 hours ago, Arab_R_us said:

3 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Hopefully he chooses wisely and comes to the mighty Airdrie. 😎♦️

Would be delighted if we landed Mochrie. Still think we need another midfielder or two, albeit adding a defender would be the priority for me, but Mochrie clearly has a lot of talent and ability. Don't know what sort of player Wylie is but Mochrie would be an excellent Easton replacement that McCabe had previously talked about. Hopefully our style of football and our record of playing and developing loan players over the last few seasons sees him come to us. 

Couldn't make it up to Peterhead today but an ideal start to the season. No disrespect to Peterhead but given our opening run of fixtures that game had to be a gimme so I'm glad we took care of it in what seemed like a fairly decisive fashion. Nice to see Smith grab a goal and see us score from a corner! How did Ben Wylie play? Looking forward to Falkirk next week and a trip to Palmerston in a couple of weeks (especially after their result today). 

Safe journey home everyone. Enjoy the booze and/or fish suppers ♦️

2 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Would be delighted if we landed Mochrie. Still think we need another midfielder or two, albeit adding a defender would be the priority for me, but Mochrie clearly has a lot of talent and ability. Don't know what sort of player Wylie is but Mochrie would be an excellent Easton replacement that McCabe had previously talked about. Hopefully our style of football and our record of playing and developing loan players over the last few seasons sees him come to us. 

what type of player was Easton mate and what formation do you play and ill tell you what i think

McGlynn to interviewer post Montrose : ‘hopefully we’re talking at this time next week and we’ve got 4 points on the board’. It’s on for sure, this could be a cracking fixture with Falkirk having 2 key games ahead. Tough one against us I’m sure and then a potential banana skin at home to Peterhead. Early days but results show the ‘top’ contenders didn’t get it all their own way. Great away point for Montrose today. QOTS, welcome back to L1. It could be a long road for you. Clyde? WTF, didn’t expect that. Kelty Hearts - shell shocked on opening day? Dunfermline, doing a Cove and securing a win when needed to kick things off.

Really pleased we got the three points and I’m sure the boys will be looking to get another win next week. My only prediction? Clyde to still be top of the pile Saturday evening

1 hour ago, FLDiamond said:

McGlynn to interviewer post Montrose : ‘hopefully we’re talking at this time next week and we’ve got 4 points on the board’. It’s on for sure, this could be a cracking fixture with Falkirk having 2 key games ahead. Tough one against us I’m sure and then a potential banana skin at home to Peterhead. Early days but results show the ‘top’ contenders didn’t get it all their own way. Great away point for Montrose today. QOTS, welcome back to L1. It could be a long road for you. Clyde? WTF, didn’t expect that. Kelty Hearts - shell shocked on opening day? Dunfermline, doing a Cove and securing a win when needed to kick things off.

Really pleased we got the three points and I’m sure the boys will be looking to get another win next week. My only prediction? Clyde to still be top of the pile Saturday evening

Dumbarton started off the season well last year and look how that ended for them can see Clyde being mid table this year tbf sounds like they have recruited not too bad 

2 hours ago, Mr November said:

How did we set up today? The lineup made it seem like 3-5-2 but I saw someone mention McCabe playing in the holding role.

It went from 4-1-3-2 through a very fluid shape when in possession, which was most of the game, to have McCabe able to play anywhere as so many of our players could be the attackers and have defensive cover. It was easier against a mediocre home side. It was as comfortable a win as I have seen. Delighted!