The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

26 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Will it be a back 3 of Fordyce, Crichton, Barr

Have we actually signed Barr?  A lot of folk are talking in matter-of-fact terms about his participation in next year's squad which is making me think that I've missed an update somewhere along the line.

1 minute ago, stuartcraig said:

Have we actually signed Barr?  A lot of folk are talking in matter-of-fact terms about his participation in next year's squad which is making me think that I've missed an update somewhere along the line.

We're doing an anti-leighton with him where we have actually signed him but we're not announcing it.

*This post is for entertainment purposes only*

Just now, Moon said:

We're doing an anti-leighton with him where we have actually signed him but we're not announcing it.

*This post is for entertainment purposes only*

Are we trolling some other team, who are now paranoid about that time the other day when a guy that looked a lot like Barr came in and signed a contract?

1 hour ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:
3 hours ago, Diamond8 said:
Good thing done by the club, yet people try to look behind it and come up with a conspiracy. Looking forward to the supporters trust next statement.

It was a good thing already being done by the supporters trust so why the need to have everything "in-house". A need to control everything isn't necessarily a good thing, just ask any person in a controlling abusive relationship how that works out for them.

It very much looks as if the club felt they no longer had a good relationship with the Trust, therefore they’re setting up their own. If that benefits the club and fans, How is it a bad thing? 

44 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:
57 minutes ago, Moon said:
Are ye, aye?

Very much so.

Baffles me why you would sound so gleeful about a group of Airdrie supporters who have worked incredibly hard to support the club financially over the years, promote the club in the community, and help to make sure that match days ran efficiently, being excluded from the club.

I can only assume that your cognitive skills are somewhat lacking and that you have the human empathy of Patrick Bateman.

2 minutes ago, stuartcraig said:

Are we trolling some other team, who are now paranoid about that time the other day when a guy that looked a lot like Barr came in and signed a contract?

Now that would be funny

1 minute ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

It very much looks as if the club felt they no longer had a good relationship with the Trust, therefore they’re setting up their own. If that benefits the club and fans, How is it a bad thing? 

First they came for the supporters trust but I was not a member of the supporters trust so I said nothing.

5 minutes ago, stuartcraig said:

Yes, except for the fact that, were I to guess which team would be the most likely victim of such a prank, I can't see past us.

Well we do have form for it

4 minutes ago, Moon said:

Well we do have form for it

Someone shared this with me earlier.  Dunno that it has anything specifically to do with Airdrie but the haunted look on the faces of the commentators was familiar.

How is it benefiting the fans? It’s a worse scheme that will benefit less kids!! Unless of course you are an absolute fan boy for B list Scottish actors playing football, then the charity game will be a delight. Aside from those two things the new club trust has done nothing.

However, whatever you/we think of the Trust, it’s worth remembering what could go wrong and the role that a strong Trust can play. If you want examples there’s absolutely loads out there. Start with Hearts and Blackpool and move on from there.

An in-house Trust is fundamentally flawed in its very design. Granted the clubs version is a Community Trust but it is targeting activities the Supporters Trust currently carry out, perhaps with the intention of driving them out of existence.

It’s important an independent vehicle for fans views exists.

Baffles me why you would sound so gleeful about a group of Airdrie supporters who have worked incredibly hard to support the club financially over the years, promote the club in the community, and help to make sure that match days ran efficiently, being excluded from the club.

I can only assume that your cognitive skills are somewhat lacking and that you have the human empathy of Patrick Bateman.
The trust have done a great job in the past and I respect that but the way they have reacted and consequently behaved in recent months is embarrassing, there was absolutely no need to publicise the on goings by trying a hatchet job on the club to the local rag. Dress it up however you want but that's exactly what it was. I've little to no respect for the way things the trust has come across in recent times, there is a massive sense of self importance- ironically what a lot of people (mainly the trust and its members) berate the club and in particular PH for. People who have a different view from the trust and its members seem to be getting told on which side of the fence we should be sitting, not very charitable, is it?