Moon

The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Grant Gallagher trying his best to sabotage the Sons survival bid. WTF is he doing!? One of the worst goals in the history of goals.

I still can’t bring myself to actually watch it back. It was terrible at the time.

It was not the first back pass and won't be last ,just a pity though or we could have had a draw with Brechin ,don't think Brechin have one away in last eight .Think after the season they had last season they were maybe due a wee break 

Apparently we are the only team that Brechin have defeated away from home this season. Twice!

Apparently we are the only team that Brechin have defeated away from home this season. Twice!

I’m sure when the beat us earlier in the season it was the first away win in 40 odd games or something

Some talk of us being over budget. Fair enough; bad management by someone to agree to the signings. 

However, what’s happened to the money from the Celtic cup game? Surely that easily offsets any supposed overspend?!?! 

personally I'm hoping at least some of it is being held as a Daily Record style warchest for some actual footballers in the summer.

personally I'm hoping at least some of it is being held as a Daily Record style warchest for some actual footballers in the summer.
This is what I'm hoping as well, at least half of it should be kept and that would certainly give us a head start In terms of quality of signing.

I’m sure when the beat us earlier in the season it was the first away win in 40 odd games or something
Indeed. Finally Sean Crighton saw Brechin win. It is a strange L1 apart from Arbroath.

#warchest have I stumbled into the wrong thread #bralt

I’ll believe when I see it,Wouldn’t trust any word that comes out Paul Hetheringtons mouth,

Take it with a pinch a salt!

23 hours ago, Moon said:

I'd hazard a guess very little money will go on strengthening the squad. It'll be used to plug losses. 

It is widely rumoured that Airdrie have massively overspent on their wages budget even to the extent of 150k. How in the name of goodness could this happen? Did somebody not tell Findlay what his budget was? Who was keeping an eye on it?It’s almost unbelievable. “Amateurish” does not adequately describe it. That’s if it’s true. If it’s not, rant withdrawn!

It is widely rumoured that Airdrie have massively overspent on their wages budget even to the extent of 150k. How in the name of goodness could this happen? Did somebody not tell Findlay what his budget was? Who was keeping an eye on it?It’s almost unbelievable. “Amateurish” does not adequately describe it. That’s if it’s true. If it’s not, rant withdrawn!

If that’s the case, then the potential is there to overspend by at least 75k next season, given that half the squad are on a 2 year deal. Even if we release some of them, we would have to pay up their contract. This would leave us with very little money to replace them and we could be forced to go with the youth and utilise the loan system. This would most probably lead to another wasted season, at the end of which we’ll hopefully still be in League 1.

150k deficit in wages budget must be nonsense........do the sums. The figure of 150k first appeared when a question was asked about the Celtic game.

150k deficit in wages budget must be nonsense........do the sums. The figure of 150k first appeared when a question was asked about the Celtic game.

So the money from the Celtic game has gone straight into PH’s bank account to cover his apparent losses.

So the money from the Celtic game has gone straight into PH’s bank account to cover his apparent losses.

I'm never one to throw about accusations but that sounds like whats happening here.

I've no doubt we could have overspent, that's the kind of stupidity that would top this disaster right off.

Wait years on a payday like this in the cup.....

Only for it to be snaffled away to cover "losses".

surely we couldn't have overspent by 150k on wages!

That's 7 players on 400 quid per week, no way that's a real number.

8 hours ago, Nipper said:

Yes, coincidence that...

1 hour ago, OTL2014 said:

Yes, coincidence that...

PH has to sustainably invest – no Airdrieonians FC, no stadium – and vice versa.. Championship football would get more bums on seats, generate additional finance – but this will mean investment . If he is in the game of reducing his loses and putting minimum investment into the club, the stadium and club will ultimately die  - not immediately but they will die.  And that’s a no win for everyone including PH.