The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

1 hour ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

Looks like a civil war has broken out between the Airdrie fans 🙈. I’m hearing that the home crowd at the Excelsior will be segregated in the new season. P&B folk at the Craigneuk end of the main stand, and Facebook folk at the Petersburn Road end of the main stand 😂

Judging by some of the shouts from the stand, I think that's already in place

1 hour ago, KD1711 said:

New hooligan group will be forming, Section (P&)B

We're the rarified dandies in this, section (P&)B will do aggressive singing and dancing numbers with fingers clicks ala west side story.

3 hours ago, Diamond1924 said:

No new kits revealed. A thin playing squad. Anyone else worried? 

We bit about the squad but the strips weren't launched until the 23rd of July or something last year so I don't get the panic a few folk are having kver the strips.

52 minutes ago, Rossm25 said:

We bit about the squad but the strips weren't launched until the 23rd of July or something last year so I don't get the panic a few folk are having kver the strips.

Panic is the wrong word. Just poor communication/planning in comparison to other clubs. To use Falkirk as an example. Full suite of pre season games, season ticket early bird and general sale ongoing for a month, all strips out, squad of players. We can't say any of them apply to us.

11 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Panic is the wrong word. Just poor communication/planning in comparison to other clubs. To use Falkirk as an example. Full suite of pre season games, season ticket early bird and general sale ongoing for a month, all strips out, squad of players. We can't say any of them apply to us.

I do get it,  but news when there's news to tell. Just wish people were a bit more realistic. Our squad is thin cause we've cast aside a lot of dead weight no offence to them and loans have returned to their club. I would have loved more signings at this point but only ones that benefit the squad. Like I've said a few times we've kept all but one of our signed squad we would have kept from last year. 

Season tickets are out, strips weren't released until later in July last year so I'd assume a similar time scale here. And we went back later to training to give last year's lads a chance to recover from a devastating play off result so we've only played 3 friendlies, but again that's been pretty standard for the past few seasons. We go through this every year, if the league starts and we've only got 13 players and no strips then I will panic , but that's a while yet. 

We have 100 percent offered deals to some players from last week's game and it's just a waiting to see I'd they accept those terms , canny force players to sign for us. 

1 hour ago, Rossm25 said:

I do get it,  but news when there's news to tell. Just wish people were a bit more realistic. Our squad is thin cause we've cast aside a lot of dead weight no offence to them and loans have returned to their club. I would have loved more signings at this point but only ones that benefit the squad. Like I've said a few times we've kept all but one of our signed squad we would have kept from last year. 

Season tickets are out, strips weren't released until later in July last year so I'd assume a similar time scale here. And we went back later to training to give last year's lads a chance to recover from a devastating play off result so we've only played 3 friendlies, but again that's been pretty standard for the past few seasons. We go through this every year, if the league starts and we've only got 13 players and no strips then I will panic , but that's a while yet. 

We have 100 percent offered deals to some players from last week's game and it's just a waiting to see I'd they accept those terms , canny force players to sign for us. 

This post is far too sensible. What are you playing at? 😂

Not sure 100% offering deals to players we saw last week fills me with confidence. There was probably only one stand out for me on Sunday (missed Saturday but heard Telfer did well) against a poor colts side, and a pre-season performance doesn’t always translate into a successful signing.

3 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Judging by some of the shouts from the stand, I think that's already in place

Been watching games for last 55years at least, and I  can assure you it's very tame compared to old broomfield, players and officials used to get a frightful reception when entering the pavilion, ♦️♦️♦️🤣🤣🤣

9 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

I know we can't play trialists in league Cup games, but what happens if we make no signings between now and Saturday? Would we need to forfeit the game?

Think we have enough signed. Just. But I'd be surprised if we don't sign another one or two before then. 

Think we have enough signed. Just. But I'd be surprised if we don't sign another one or two before then. 
Yeah that's what I'd kinda be hoping for too. I know it is only a game against Cowdenbeath but we should at least have a starting 11 and maybe 4 on the bench similar to last season. I'd like to see Telfer signed asp and get that one over the line.

23 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

This post is far too sensible. What are you playing at? 😂

I'm just being realistic and using the time line from previous seasons as a template for what to expect. Did the same last season and I was accused off a few on here for being a "happy clapper" whatever the hell that means. In fact I remember betting a certain  poster on here a pint that we wouldn't be crap last season...

I do understand the frustration folk have but we aren't a big or attractive team to come to. We don't have a big budget compared with some other teams and as that BBC article that was kicking about stated teams in leagues above us are struggling to get folk in. When folk post things like "can't believe so and so has signed for x team and not us" do they not understand players have to want to come to us. I just dinny get it. I'm hoping we have a few things up our sleeve and can pull off a few signings like Telfer etc that are available but if they get an offer from a bigger team they aren't going to sign. 

I think we will do well again in the loan market this year and I'm hoping there's a wee gem out there we haven't seen yet.

7 minutes ago, David Fernández said:
18 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Yeah that's what I'd kinda be hoping for too. I know it is only a game against Cowdenbeath but we should at least have a starting 11 and maybe 4 on the bench similar to last season. I'd like to see Telfer signed asp and get that one over the line.

Same thought he played well om sat, he has to want to sign though obviously. 

Same thought he played well om sat, he has to want to sign though obviously. 
Yeah 100% agreed, did also comment on the FB page that it would be foolish not to make an offer to him. Obviously the player had to want to sign. But if you don't try, you don't get.

Would expect loan signings to happen during/after the league Cup also.

3 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

Yeah 100% agreed, did also comment on the FB page that it would be foolish not to make an offer to him. Obviously the player had to want to sign. But if you don't try, you don't get.

Would expect loan signings to happen during/after the league Cup also.

Aye hoping for a few loans announced next week when the big clubs return from thier summer jaunts 

4 minutes ago, Rossm25 said:

I'm just being realistic and using the time line from previous seasons as a template for what to expect. Did the same last season and I was accused off a few on here for being a "happy clapper" whatever the hell that means. In fact I remember betting a certain  poster on here a pint that we wouldn't be crap last season...

I do understand the frustration folk have but we aren't a big or attractive team to come to. We don't have a big budget compared with some other teams and as that BBC article that was kicking about stated teams in leagues above us are struggling to get folk in. When folk post things like "can't believe so and so has signed for x team and not us" do they not understand players have to want to come to us. I just dinny get it. I'm hoping we have a few things up our sleeve and can pull off a few signings like Telfer etc that are available but if they get an offer from a bigger team they aren't going to sign. 

I think we will do well again in the loan market this year and I'm hoping there's a wee gem out there we haven't seen yet.

It can be done to sign players Queens have signed 9 but all about how  good they are we are about to find that out .

Time will tell if  it is better to wait in the hope quality players become availble.