The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

5 minutes ago, diamondman said:

I concur Emma.

He had a few good performances and then tailed off. From what I recall, he was rather disrespectful after signing at Stark's Park too.

Yeah when he joined Raith I’m sure he gave an interview where he said he wanted to leave Airdrie the previous summer, despite choosing to sign a new two year deal. 

I would have happily taken him back, mainly because we don’t have a left back and he was ok in his previous spell but I can’t say I’m too bothered we haven’t signed him. His strengths at Raith seemed to be getting forward and having a good final ball, something I thought he struggled with at Airdrie, but no doubt playing in a better team and under a better manager than most of the ragtag bunch he was with at Airdrie helped too. I don’t think he’s stood out too much for most of his other teams though. He’ll get a load of abuse when we play Edinburgh this season and then go onto set up a couple of goals for them. It’s certainly not worth getting upset about not signing him anyway. 

2 hours ago, David Fernández said:

Trying not to be negative but the club should really be on top of these announcements, especially a new physio.

Also if players like Cole Gibson have signed a contract for us in a development team, I think it would be really good to announce these things with a photo, especially as it would be a proud moment for them, and their families too, especially landing a first professional contract in football.

They are good at announcing the lottery numbers and player sponsorships, I think they need to be better at informing the fans via social media of changes within the backroom staff and of recruitment.

Prunts is working towards being qualified going through his badges atm 

Sad news folks, we've just been described as the "biggest bunch of bangers alive"...by someone who posts regularly...on the fans Facebook page. 😂😂 The loud noise you just heard was the irony meter exploding...

Sad news folks, we've just been described as the "biggest bunch of bangers alive"...by someone who posts regularly...on the fans Facebook page. [emoji23][emoji23] The loud noise you just heard was the irony meter exploding...

Who described us as that?

10 hours ago, diamondman said:

I concur Emma.

He had a few good performances and then tailed off. From what I recall, he was rather disrespectful after signing at Stark's Park too.

Good at getting forward, a bit dodgy at defending when playing for us, seemed to improve at Raith with better players around him. 

5 hours ago, FLDiamond said:

Who described us as that?

A gentleman who contributes regularly on there on a post by another regular fbook contributer saying that we were hand wringers regarding moans about lack of communication from the club. 

Maybe the Facebook lads have a point, maybe we should be more like them. So from now on this thread should consist only of inane photos, pile ons, poorly worded right wing views and clever photoshops of tramps and ugly people with "welcome to Motherwell" added to them. 😂 🙄

Maybe the Facebook lads have a point, maybe we should be more like them. So from now on this thread should consist only of inane photos, pile ons, poorly worded right wing views and clever photoshops of tramps and ugly people with "welcome to Motherwell" added to them. [emoji23] [emoji849]

Indeed - with quality content like that, why are we even on here. Amazing the bile that passes admin on that page, but have a wee whinge about lack of news and you’re a moon howler [emoji1787]

Was just looking at last year's league Cup game against QP on the 17th of july. We had 4 subs that day Kerr , Ritchie and Cantley and im sure Mccabe was named but not stripped. 

Allan,  quitingo , lyons  and Mcdonald all started that game. With kerr and ritchie coming off the bench. 

We are by far in better place now than we were then. We need strengthened badly but the club are trying to bring in better quality players that filled the bench last year and not just sign anyone for the sake of it. Think we will sign maybe 1 or 2 before Saturday then bring more in the following week. It's a very tough market this year for players. 

Edited by Rossm25

17 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

Indeed - with quality content like that, why are we even on here. Amazing the bile that passes admin on that page, but have a wee whinge about lack of news and you’re a moon howler emoji1787.png

All the while we've got all the joys of decent football chat, lovely Cove Rangers fans and defeating Falkirk supporters in battles of wits simply by asking them direct questions about their club. #PnByoungteam

Looks like a civil war has broken out between the Airdrie fans 🙈. I’m hearing that the home crowd at the Excelsior will be segregated in the new season. P&B folk at the Craigneuk end of the main stand, and Facebook folk at the Petersburn Road end of the main stand 😂

52 minutes ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

Looks like a civil war has broken out between the Airdrie fans 🙈. I’m hearing that the home crowd at the Excelsior will be segregated in the new season. P&B folk at the Craigneuk end of the main stand, and Facebook folk at the Petersburn Road end of the main stand 😂

New hooligan group will be forming, Section (P&)B