The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Absolute waster. So much natural talent yet chose to do f**k all with it.

When I was a recruitment consultant around 7 years ago he came in to register to work for a fish factory in Queenslie for minimum wage, he was only 30 at the time.

He could have played at a very good level but would rather live the scheme dream I suppose.

11 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

At the very least, get him signed to do the official club comms. Irrespective of his footballing abilities, this guy can write! 😂

Every new signing gets "Okosunned" I could live with that. Especially if he added random Scottish words in here and there. Leon McCann rejoins, Bright writes:

"His blessed ball skills will be delivering for the heavensent diamonds of Airdrie after he had been the golden shining light in the mob of permadiddies that are Falkirk"

1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:

Every new signing gets "Okosunned" I could live with that. Especially if he added random Scottish words in here and there. Leon McCann rejoins, Bright writes:

"His blessed ball skills will be delivering for the heavensent diamonds of Airdrie after he had been the golden shining light in the mob of permadiddies that are Falkirk"

You're slipping @Marshmallo took your tiny fingers half an hour to hissyfit that red dot on to the screen. You need a rocky training montage of furious dotting to get you back to your best peak stalker times.

Edited by cb_diamond

So it turns out Bright Okosun's Facebook page gets even better. 
The best way to success it is said, is to follow the footsteps of those who have successfully journeyed before us. And that is exactly what Bright Osemudiamen Prince Okosun who will turns 17 years on October 26, 2022 is out to accomplish in far away United Kingdom. Today, he has made significant sensational football skills in United Kingdom as a top scorer.   Having started early, and was discovered at the same age and almost the same manner Leo Messi was discovered and groomed, Bright may end up becoming another whiz kid footballer. Affectionately called Ose by his fans, friends and handlers, he was the latest sensation in the under 17 Central Scotland FA Regional cup final between Summerston YFC and Rossvale FC in the Clyde FC stadium on 12th June, 2022.   This football wonder boy has left no one in doubt that he has been anointed and called to play the round leather game as the spirit of football is upon him. The field is his pulpit, his Bible is his legs, and his message is the gospel of football delivered through scoring goals to the ovation of his spectators whom the stadium is their temple. Once he steps into the field of play, he becomes possessed with the football spirit as the round leather obeys his commands as he meanders his way through like water in a creek, creeping through and tearing the opponent’s defence apart to score goals.   Bright is an embodiment of striking skills. A talented top striker and star in the making. A fast striker with an insatiable appetite for goals, he is aided by excellent sense of positioning. He possesses the energy and technical skills of Ronaldo, the mesmerizing runs of Messi, and the lethal finishing of Eto. It has been rumored to be sighted by a top club in the premier league but hasn't be confirmed by his management team.
And for a bargain of £8, you can watch him play at the NL Cup on Saturday

Is the Gow thing actually happening, a lot of talk about it but havent seen it confirmed?

McLaren was some player, remember him scoring a volley from the left side of the pitch, one of the best goals ive ever seen, did his career just drift away in the end? Always thought he was as good as Gow in terms of ability but no where near the application.

6 minutes ago, moses1924 said:

Is the Gow thing actually happening, a lot of talk about it but havent seen it confirmed?

McLaren was some player, remember him scoring a volley from the left side of the pitch, one of the best goals ive ever seen, did his career just drift away in the end? Always thought he was as good as Gow in terms of ability but no where near the application.

I think so aye, a lot of the youngsters who played on Tuesday were part of the youth team he is building. Haven't got a clue how it works or how it ties to the club or the finance stuff. But from what I've heard it's a go.

55 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

I cannot take this seriously enough to know if he's actually signed emoji23.pngemoji23.png

He is signing alongside a young prospect called Patrick Pyott. Can't wait to see the new Yorke and Cole in action.

14 minutes ago, Rossm25 said:

I think so aye, a lot of the youngsters who played on Tuesday were part of the youth team he is building. Haven't got a clue how it works or how it ties to the club or the finance stuff. But from what I've heard it's a go.

While im by no means a handwringer the lack of info out of the club is quite annoying. Strips, season tickets info initially, signings, youth set ups. Just disjointed bits and bobs or radio silence.

11 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

While im by no means a handwringer the lack of info out of the club is quite annoying. Strips, season tickets info initially, signings, youth set ups. Just disjointed bits and bobs or radio silence.

It's an odd one but I can only imagine there's reasons behind it. Maybe waiting for all the ducks to be in a row before releasing info. Or everyone at the club is just utterly devastated at the end of last season that they are paralysed with disappointment mumbling to to themselves "why" a few times a day...

4 hours ago, David Fernández said:

Do you actually think we will get to see him or will he of been punted by now?emoji23.png

Not sure we should be turning our noses up at a player who’s been anointed and called to play the round leather game, who has the spirit of football upon him and who has the lethal finishing of Samuel Eto’o. 

4 hours ago, G_H said:

With this kind of hype, you know we will have to cheer as though he has scored every time he touches the ball, right?

I’ve been chanting Ose non-stop the last two days already!