The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

5 minutes ago, Rossm25 said:

How can you be excited and intrigued but also think it's a shambles? Haha 

Giving Rhys the job means for the first season in ages we aren't wholesale rebuilding the squad. In terms of players we had on our books last year. Aggy  (who folk for some reason hated) is gone , Easton is away which is a huge loss but expected cause dafties voted him player of the year and Currie , who we seem to have improved on.

Not exactly a shambles. 

We we get beat 6-0 off Peterhead first game of the season...now that's shambles 

10 minutes ago, Rossm25 said:

I think he's more aiming it at the "it's a shambles" posts. 

Aye, fair enough 

2 hours ago, Aufc said:

Fucking hell. One friendly defeat by Hamilton and some are chucking it already. We have not signed anyone on loan yet. We have literally just started pre season. Joke

Is hanging your hat on loanees not pretty desperate are they not supposed to be the added extra to add to the team once  your 18 have signed up not add them to an undersized squad to make he numbers look respectable...

Is hanging your hat on loanees not pretty desperate are they not supposed to be the added extra to add to the team once  your 18 have signed up not add them to an undersized squad to make he numbers look respectable...

Every season under Murray we had a couple of loan players that were first team regulars. Smith and McCann. Turner, Paton, Connell. McInroy, Paterson, McGill. Not just to make up the numbers.

1 minute ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Every season under Murray we had a couple of loan players that were first team regulars. Smith and McCann. Turner, Paton, Connell. McInroy, Paterson, McGill. Not just to make up the numbers.

Agree difference was we had a squad of around 22 in those sides including loanees,  we  currently have a squad of 12  ,  massive difference, do the hard yards sign players up then go for loanees  otherwise recruitment as failed....

1 Josh Rae
2 Cameron Ballantyne
3 Euan Devenny
A Dean McMaster
5 Marco Vata
16 Callum Fordyce
7 Justin Devenny
8 Adam Frizzell
9 Gabriel McGill
10 Josh Jack
11 Dylan Ruiz-Diaz
12 Rhys McCabe
14 Jay Riley
15 Cole Gibson
16 Pat Pyott
17 Joshua Tran
18 Alex Henderson
20 Robbie Scullion
21 Kieran Wilson
22 Bright Okosun

this doesn’t fill me with hope at all…

8 minutes ago, Stevo1968 said:

1 Josh Rae
2 Cameron Ballantyne
3 Euan Devenny
A Dean McMaster
5 Marco Vata
16 Callum Fordyce
7 Justin Devenny
8 Adam Frizzell
9 Gabriel McGill
10 Josh Jack
11 Dylan Ruiz-Diaz
12 Rhys McCabe
14 Jay Riley
15 Cole Gibson
16 Pat Pyott
17 Joshua Tran
18 Alex Henderson
20 Robbie Scullion
21 Kieran Wilson
22 Bright Okosun

Why  ? Have you seem them all play? 

I haven't heard of half of these names. So can't pass judgment on their ability. But assuming you have so what are they like ?

1 minute ago, Rossm25 said:

Why  ? Have you seem them all play? 

I haven't heard of half of these names. So can't pass judgment on their ability. But assuming you have so what are they like ?

Have you got it in for me or something lol? Can you read that knowing very few and say it fills you with hope? Doubt it! 

3 minutes ago, Stevo1968 said:

Have you got it in for me or something lol? Can you read that knowing very few and say it fills you with hope? Doubt it! 

Certainly doesn’t look like a team that can finish in the top 4 of League 1. Hopefully see some quality signings this week. 

2 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

Have I missed something. Read some comments about taking a gamble, which surely it is, is there any team ever won anything with a player  manager. 

Eh, Graeme Souness at the club formerly known as Rangers. 

Edit. Kenny Dalglish at Liverpool.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

1 Josh Rae
2 Cameron Ballantyne
3 Euan Devenny
A Dean McMaster
5 Marco Vata
16 Callum Fordyce
7 Justin Devenny
8 Adam Frizzell
9 Gabriel McGill
10 Josh Jack
11 Dylan Ruiz-Diaz
12 Rhys McCabe
14 Jay Riley
15 Cole Gibson
16 Pat Pyott
17 Joshua Tran
18 Alex Henderson
20 Robbie Scullion
21 Kieran Wilson
22 Bright Okosun

Assuming that’s a list of who’s been training with us, obviously still got Gallagher, Smith, Salim, Watson and Hutton to add.

I’d also mention that there’s no way we’ve released Pyott just to sign him back, so he’s obviously been allowed to train with us to help him get back to full fitness and find a team.

When the training pictures were put up on Facebook I had a look at the likes and deduced that the young lad was Cole Gibson, there were three people liked his picture called Gibson and one of them (presumably his dad) had the boy as his profile picture holding a trophy he’d won for Benburb U18s. Wouldn’t think he’d be a first team signing by any stretch but it does give this list some validity.

Not familiar with many of those names, I know McMaster was a young player at St Mirren and Vata at Celtic, but not much more. I looked up Ruiz-Diaz since the name was more interesting and see he’s Australian. Wonder if he’s a youngster Celtic are looking to sign and loan out given their Australian connection and our proclivity to bring Celtic players in on loan.

3 minutes ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

Certainly doesn’t look like a team that can finish in the top 4 of League 1. Hopefully see some quality signings this week. 

Let's be blunt here that is a clusterfuck of a team lineup a mix of lower league failures and unknowns,    1 st pre season game admittedly we have our first competitive game in 10 days where we really need to sign players for.....  Fordyce is saying in the Record interview he only needs 3 or 4 players....  That would bring us up to 15 or 16. ??

Did my eyes deceive or was  Pat Pyott leading the line against Accies

25 minutes ago, Stevo1968 said:

1 Josh Rae
2 Cameron Ballantyne
3 Euan Devenny
A Dean McMaster
5 Marco Vata
16 Callum Fordyce
7 Justin Devenny
8 Adam Frizzell
9 Gabriel McGill
10 Josh Jack
11 Dylan Ruiz-Diaz
12 Rhys McCabe
14 Jay Riley
15 Cole Gibson
16 Pat Pyott
17 Joshua Tran
18 Alex Henderson
20 Robbie Scullion
21 Kieran Wilson
22 Bright Okosun

googled a few of them and then got bored

Seems like a load of kids, surely we can do better than that, especially as there are some primary roles that very much need filled.

Also, Patrick Pyott, man of mystery, still around.  Really?????

4 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Let's be blunt here that is a clusterfuck of a team lineup a mix of lower league failures and unknowns,    1 st pre season game admittedly we have our first competitive game in 10 days where we really need to sign players for.....  Fordyce is saying in the Record interview he only needs 3 or 4 players....  That would bring us up to 15 or 16. ??

Did my eyes deceive or was  Pat Pyott leading the line against Accies

Summed it up perfectly with 1 word there. But I highly doubt that’s the finished article, I really effing hope not anyways! My interpretation of Dycey’s interview was that he wants 3 or 4 experienced signings. And then the rest will be loanees to make up the squad. 

Getting Wotherspoon/Iain King vibes from this close season. But hopefully by the start of the season, we can look back and laugh at all the worry for nothing!

3 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Assuming that’s a list of who’s been training with us, obviously still got Gallagher to add to that list, and David Hutton.

I’d also mention that there’s no way we’ve released Pyott just to sign him back, so he’s obviously been allowed to train with us to help him get back to full fitness and find a team.

When the training pictures were put up on Facebook I had a look at the likes and deduced that the young lad was Cole Gibson, there were three people liked his picture called Gibson and one of them (presumably his dad) had the boy as his profile picture holding a trophy he’d won for Benburb U18s. Wouldn’t think he’d be a first team signing by any stretch but it does give this list some validity.

Not familiar with many of those names, I know McMaster was a young player at St Mirren and Vata at Celtic, but not much more. I looked up Ruiz-Diaz since the name was more interesting and see he’s Australian. Wonder if he’s a youngster Celtic are looking to sign and loan out given their Australian connection and our proclivity to bring Celtic players in on loan.

The club have to act and get this support structure in place,   we need  an old head with a coaching badge to oversee  and aid McCabe and Fordyce,        if not this season could unravel quicker than my Xmas wrapping, 

Pretty sure Ruiz Diaz was on trial at Clyde at end of last year,  nothing to do with Celtic...

Alan Go w time to come out from the shadows son.......

This is from Bright Okosun's Facebook page. I am all in - get the boy signed. 

Bright Osemudiamen Prince Okosun, born of a Nigerian parents in Spain, formally played for CD Yuncos, Toledo and Getafe Football Club junior team, Madrid, Spain respectively. and he played for VFR Fischeln 1920 EV, Krefeld, Dusseldolf, Germany. Fortuna Dusseldolf 05, KFC UERDINGEN 05 Krefeld, Germany and presently in Summerston YFC, Glasgow Scotland. He puts himself in that class of top striker in his clubs with his skillful displays on the field of play.
Ose, as he is popularly chanted by fans, often displays ability in his powerful shots. He is a threat to every goal keeper from outside the 18-yard box; he generates many more scoring opportunities for his team always and outruns his opponents on long balls. Defenders may be bigger than him, but with his speed, he frustrates defenders and does what he knows best, that is the scoring abilities.
Surprisingly, Ose was born October 26th, 2015, but looks more than his tender age on the pitch of play with the matured ability to move with the ball on a higher speed and shot at goal post without falling down easily . He reads the play and position himself accordingly, by either freeing up space or getting open for a pass and constantly aware of the offside trap and position himself in front of the last defender.
Bright Osemudiamen Prince Okosun, can score goals with any part of his body. He shoots at goal post with his head, foot and chest. He shows his hunger for goals and finishes the ball controls with any means possible to put the ball at the back of the net easily.
…his future just began as the meaning of his dialectical name “Osemudiamen” means “God stands for/behind me in whatever I do”