The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

34 minutes ago, Dylan Easton Fanclub said:

Need to change my display name now. Ffs.

Always thought that only a miracle would’ve kept Dylan at the club. Obviously a very gifted player who’s screwed the nut, at least he’s getting a move up a league rather than sideways to Falkirk or Dunfermline.

But hey… everyone buzzing about the new pitch? Don’t think any of the ITK crowd saw that coming!

I'm going to be honest, it was always going to happen. I think I'm actually going to be more gutted if McCabe goes.

Only 2 weeks ago we were running out against Queens Park in the play off final,  since then half of the 18 man squad and manager have gone with more  to follow,  death by a thousand cuts.....

It was always on the cards short term deals,  loanees etc....

Callum  Smith is under contract, I would not be surprised  if a transfer request is submitted and he to would probably like a reunion with Muray and the boys...

The  club have done little wrong here, in all honesty,   do we have it in us to pull a rabbit out the hat manager wise,  at he moment we seem to be on the ropes and taking heavy blows....

1 minute ago, mo83 said:

Is their a list up from Airdrie on who they are keeping and letting go off etc?

Wouldn't expect much info before Tuesday when players contracts expire,   imperative we get a manager before then....

The big question is where is the McBookie. Airdrie manager odds....

1 hour ago, Kenny_m said:

Forget to say, he gave away the penalty that cost us promotion but such was his standing amongst the "nice" Airdrie support, he got off with being abused, not many would have.

He gave a the ball away in the middle of the park before giving away the penalty, he missed that penalty at Montrose and missed a gilt edge chance against cove at home.

He was a joy to watch at times though especially playing against the lower teams, feel he faded a lot in the big games in my opinion.

As I say though a joy to watch at times. All the best Easty. 

Getting a manager in quickly is important but its imperative to get the right manager.  Sure we could get Jim Duffy by next week but then whats he going to do to improve or even sustain where we've been for the last couple of years?   It has to be someone that can persuade the likes of McCabe and Frizzell to stay put (and that is a big ask) and then if he can, build a team around them, Dycey, Smithy etc  with some quality.  Similar to what Murray did last year with Frizzell, Easton and McCabe joining us- (I wont mention the other two that Murray got from Dumbarton as we need better than that). Hopefully we avoid the usual suspects like Duffy, Hughes etc because I think we will quickly regress.

35 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Wouldn't expect much info before Tuesday when players contracts expire,   imperative we get a manager before then....

The big question is where is the McBookie. Airdrie manager odds....

I don't think it will be as long as that. I get the feeling the Club were trying to wait for a big announcement of manager, players staying and new signings. But loads of stories are getting out today expecially from outgoing players so I think the Club are gonna have to announce it.