The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

7 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I think this week coming will be quiet signing wise.
I'm fully expecting news from 1/6/19 onwards.....
I hope

Our contracted players can’t sign elsewhere until 1/6/19 also. It’s not as if they can sign a pre contract as they still have another year left. 

34 minutes ago, Diamondaway said:
1 David Hutton 2   6 Dean Hawkshaw 10 Dale Carrick   13 Cammy Russell
    3 Kiernan McDonald 7 Scott Stewart 11     14  
    4 Josh Edwards 8 Kieran Miller       15  
    5 Sean Chrighton 9 Kurtis Roberts       16  
                  17 Scott Gallacher

1 Andrew McNeil (18) 2 Scott Dunn (18) 6 Aidan Meechan (17) 10 James Hughes (16)      
    3 Joshua Burke (17) 7 Andrew Barrowman (20) 11 Patrick Pyott (20)      
    4 Arran Ross (19) 8            
    5 Robbie Leighton (20) 9            

Midfield begining to look alright ,saying nothing about the rest  ,would get shot down again .

Our contracted players can’t sign elsewhere until 1/6/19 also. It’s not as if they can sign a pre contract as they still have another year left. 
Exactly why I think that will be a busy week.
Again, I hope!
I'm struggling to even name 2 or 3 players I've seen released from other clubs I'd be happy to see sign on.

9 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Exactly why I think that will be a busy week.
Again, I hope!
I'm struggling to even name 2 or 3 players I've seen released from other clubs I'd be happy to see sign on.

Most of the players released so far are the one's clubs don't want. As you said, once 1st June comes around we'll see the merry go round begin as everyone's contracts expire. 

From a full time perspective we’ll logically be paying the worst wages (we finished in the lowest position and have the smallest crowds). Would imagine a lot of players will hold out to see what else is on offer. You’d hope on the part time side we’ll be able to be more competitive and move quicker on them.

Deleted because it will be announced alongside a blockbuster signing tomorrow IMO... 

Can't really add anything about McIntosh I haven't said before. 17 goals last season was a decent return for a team that was so poor. He works hard too and offers something a bit different up front. But for me, his finishing is too erratic. Can remember plenty of times he fluffed his lines or hit a one-on-one right at the keeper. If he's signed a full-time deal(?) that could improve I suppose but for me, he's a good option to have off the bench but he wouldn't be in my starting XI. 

21 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Deleted because it will be announced alongside a blockbuster signing tomorrow IMO... 

Can't really add anything about McIntosh I haven't said before. 17 goals last season was a decent return for a team that was so poor. He works hard too and offers something a bit different up front. But for me, his finishing is too erratic. Can remember plenty of times he fluffed his lines or hit a one-on-one right at the keeper. If he's signed a full-time deal(?) that could improve I suppose but for me, he's a good option to have off the bench but he wouldn't be in my starting XI. 

“Blockbuster signing”. Are you at the wind up?

4 minutes ago, waysider said:

“Blockbuster signing”. Are you at the wind up?

Unfortunately yes although that doesn't mean it won't happen!* 

*blockbuster signing will be officially confirming Sean Crighton has signed a new contract.