The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

41 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

I suppose the first activity this week will be the manager's position.

Loan players don't count therefore the free's for me are Pyott, Walker, Ritchie, M MacDonald, Allan, Gallagher & Agnew (no problem with him retaining assistant role)

Mibbee's: Currie, G McGill, Cantley

Keep the rest although as mentioned Josh Kerr most likely will move on but we need to sign some bigger stronger players who can head the ball as I would love us to score a header from a corner.

Current signing rumours: Scott Taggart & Grant Savoury

Was Kerr the last to score from a corner at falkirk? Can’t think of another off the top of my head

18 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Can't imagine so lad! Another Rangers fan obsessed with Sex offenders! Weird bunch you lot x 

Only reason I know who you are on this forum is cause you are in this thread more than your own teams. 

58 minutes ago, FLDiamond said:

Still in the ‘doom and gloom’ phase after yesterday but moving towards the light.  Hoping the board are busy at work and trying to get the basis of a team/back room stuff secured for next season.  Undoubtedly changes coming but I’m hoping the 9 or 10 faces that can be the backbone of the team and coaching staff will be staying.  Nervy week coming up.   Not sure how much I’m looking forward to August - see what happens over the next few days.  

I sympathize and I think the dreadful league cup begins in July but it's not regional this time? 

14 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I sympathize and I think the dreadful league cup begins in July but it's not regional this time? 

I’m not too sure… but I’ll have the same attitude to the cups as last season - not really caring and happy to go out to one of the OF in a money spinning tie.  Care much more for the league.  An early season draw against them in Glasgow could give us more than enough finances to be comfortable for the season.  A guaranteed exit (pretty much) which suits me.  Probably wont happen..  July it is then, lets see what our team looks like come mid summer 

29 minutes ago, FLDiamond said:

I’m not too sure… but I’ll have the same attitude to the cups as last season - not really caring and happy to go out to one of the OF in a money spinning tie.  Care much more for the league.  An early season draw against them in Glasgow could give us more than enough finances to be comfortable for the season.  A guaranteed exit (pretty much) which suits me.  Probably wont happen..  July it is then, lets see what our team looks like come mid summer 

Pretty much sums up my own feelings. Time for a wee rest. Best wishes.

Talking of the cups, it's quite funny looking back at the team that beat Motherwell last year. The ill-fated 3-5-2, Wardrop and Quitongo at wing back, a midfield three of McCabe, Agnew and man of the match Matty McDonald and Salim up top. Even Dean Ritchie got a (very short) run out!

3 hours ago, Mr November said:

Talking of the cups, it's quite funny looking back at the team that beat Motherwell last year. The ill-fated 3-5-2, Wardrop and Quitongo at wing back, a midfield three of McCabe, Agnew and man of the match Matty McDonald and Salim up top. Even Dean Ritchie got a (very short) run out!

This feels like a million years ago.  After the Motherwell win we were all hyped up, ready to kill it all season, QOTS would be cannon fodder the week after this.. and then…. Ally Roy decided to run a brief masterclass.  That name, along with all the others you mention make me laugh. Also makes me think about how our team could look this time next year compared to a side that takes the field July/August.  That’s football!! 

4 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Scintillating retort. You're clearly the brains of the bairns operation. 🙄

Airdrie fan questioning someone's intelligence is highly ironic and highly hilarious x 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Airdrie fan questioning someone's intelligence is highly ironic and highly hilarious x 

I'm just questioning yours on account of the genuinely shite trolling job you've done on here. Like unbelievably bad. I had about twenty of you Muppets pishing your pants the other week by literally repeating a list of things your own fans had said on your thread. You're struggling pal just like your debt riddled club x

Edited by cb_diamond

I honestly don’t want to start a rumour mill with tons of speculation but does anyone have any ideas on players being released and anything on Murray.  I guess it’s just a waiting game but like everyone, desperate for information.  Figured there might have been a couple of announcements by now but quiet out there 

6 minutes ago, FLDiamond said:

I honestly don’t want to start a rumour mill with tons of speculation but does anyone have any ideas on players being released and anything on Murray.  I guess it’s just a waiting game but like everyone, desperate for information.  Figured there might have been a couple of announcements by now but quiet out there 

There has been an ominous lack of ITK chat this week. Assuming the released list will be out very soon.

7 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

I'm just questioning yours on account of the genuinely shite trolling job you've done on here. Like unbelievably bad. I had about twenty of you Muppets pishing your pants the other week by literally repeating a list of things your own fans had said on your thread. You're struggling pal just like your debt riddled club x

Red dots and name calling!

Absolutely rattled x 

1 minute ago, Senor Bairn said:

Red dots and name calling!

Absolutely rattled x 

Like I said, you're struggling. As Chris Cornell would have said your clubs finances and your patter are the same... A black hole son. Badoom...tsss.