The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

An uncharacteristically sluggish start, sporadic periods of good pressing, a miss that smacked gobs right across the stadium, an horrifically bad pitch and a searingly bad hangover; not my favourite ever day at the fitba. The game was pretty poor, with both sides failing to really do that much with the ball. They played like I felt. 

Airdrie unable to nick it towards the end despite some late pressure. Opportunity missed again, but no ground lost, so hopefully we are a lot fresher next week. 

On a different tac, I noticed one of our marquee signings from the previous season the bold Tam Rab has managed a grand total of 15 minutes on the pitch for his new Belgian team this season. If last year is any indication he's probably spent the last 5 months on trial at PSG, AC Milan, the Harlem Globetrotters and the Avengers...

Without meaning any disrespect to the guys listed I’m quite surprised by the options the club’s put forward for January’s player of the month. I’ve went for Allan who by all accounts had a great month and I’m sure he’ll win it, but my first choice would’ve been Scott McGill followed by Easton.

22 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Without meaning any disrespect to the guys listed I’m quite surprised by the options the club’s put forward for January’s player of the month. I’ve went for Allan who by all accounts had a great month and I’m sure he’ll win it, but my first choice would’ve been Scott McGill followed by Easton.

Aye its just opinions Easton would be my pick, followed by Frizzell, and McCabe, Allan can't get a starting place  so who picks the 4 players, 

41 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Frizz or McCabe for me. 

Why are we acting surprised by this?  

As I said and I believe others also. If McInroy wanted to be at airdrie it would’ve been sorted long ago. He’s missed 3 games now, he’s not coming back. We move on. 

Hopefully we can push this Moffat deal through. 

9 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

If rumours are to be believed, the boy Moffat from Celtic could be confirmed today.

Hopefully this gets over the line and soon and the rumours are confirmed..

was hoping to go to cove with a fully loaded squad, this We can sign loans until end of Feb only means you have 4 less important games to play when they sign...

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Kerr McInroy any good lads? There may be nothing in it but his dad has started following our official page on Twitter. 

Really liked him, seemed to get better the more he played. Likes to burst forward from the midfield and looked very much at home in a quick-passing football side. He did have a very good midfield around him (relative to his division) which complemented his strengths (and vice versa) and he would on occasion be caught dallying on the ball. He also got caught out of position in some games, but he was clearly improving on that over time. 

Overall, he was excellent and was really starting to stand out even amongst a very strong midfield. How do Ayr play? A lot of the ball and a dominant midfield? On a good surface? Ball on the deck? If so, good signing who will do well. If not, then I have absolutely no idea.  

It's the poor writer at Lanarkshire Live Sport who must now be out a job without a daily McInroy article that I feel for. 

I feel like a lot of our signings are normally announced at the evening training sessions (though I might have made that up), so hopefully we hear something this week. Missing out on McInroy is a blow but it's looked unlikely that he would be back for a while now. We all know where we need to strengthen, as does the manager going by his comments, so I'm sure he'll be trying to bring in someone over the next month at least, though ideally sooner rather than later given how light on numbers we are in key areas.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/celtic-midfielder-kerr-mcinroy-bids-26101614.amp

Disappointed that McInroy has signed for Ayr… feel that if we had been a Championship team he’d have been back in 5 mins.  Not sure how this move will work out for him and time will tell if it’s the right one.  Think he could have been a stand out in the second half of the season for us.. Fvck it… 

time to get some signings in… and the sooner the better. This weekend could decide if the title will come down to the last couple of weeks or be a blow out for Cove. I know we want the RIGHT signings, hopefully Murray knows who he wants and we can get them in by Saturday.   High hopes I know but we can only dream   

The word that McInroy has gone elsewhere is pretty much what I expected. The destination less so. Doubt that there is too much of a difference between the clubs but you cannot speculate over detail.

nevertheless I hope that we can progress with a (some) forward(s) coming in over the next few weeks. Preferably this week, pre Cove.