Jump to content

The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

So Kerr McInroy will be decent for us?

Was the best player in the league by a country mile from November to the turn of the year, so should do well and is most definitely "on form".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

I was comparing strikers as next in line for us is Dylan followed by Kerr McInroy.

Every League in Scotland other than the Premier (and i'm sure that will change by the end of the season), the team at the top also has the leagues top scorer. Yes stats can be misleading at times but not when it comes to putting the ball in the pokey.

Agree totally that they are not easy to find and could cost money, but the reason for that is clear.

We’ve scored 6 less than Cove in the league and conceded 7 more suggesting they’re pretty much equally better than us in both departments. We’re the second highest scorers in the league but only 4th best for not conceding. The difference with the goals scored is that the majority of their goals have came from McAllister and Megginson while ours are more spread throughout the team, they could be in trouble if one of them gets injured (especially Megginson who appears to lead the league in assists as well as being fourth top scorer). And Goodwillie’s the top scorer in our league btw rather than either of Cove’s pair.

Don’t get me wrong, I think we need to bring in a forward. We’re light in the area due to injuries. But I just wouldn’t expect us to pick up anyone as good as Megginson or McAllister in January and I think the priority should be getting the best players we can in, regardless of what position they play. And I think we already miss McInroy. From boxing day until his last game we won 3-1, 1-0, 1-0, 3-0. We’ve played two in the league since he left and they’ve been 3-2 and 2-2 and in both of those games we’ve been on top and let our opponents get back into the game twice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

We’ve scored 6 less than Cove in the league and conceded 7 more suggesting they’re pretty much equally better than us in both departments. We’re the second highest scorers in the league but only 4th best for not conceding. The difference with the goals scored is that the majority of their goals have came from McAllister and Megginson while ours are more spread throughout the team, they could be in trouble if one of them gets injured (especially Megginson who appears to lead the league in assists as well as being fourth top scorer). And Goodwillie’s the top scorer in our league btw rather than either of Cove’s pair.

Don’t get me wrong, I think we need to bring in a forward. We’re light in the area due to injuries. But I just wouldn’t expect us to pick up anyone as good as Megginson or McAllister in January and I think the priority should be getting the best players we can in, regardless of what position they play. And I think we already miss McInroy. From boxing day until his last game we won 3-1, 1-0, 1-0, 3-0. We’ve played two in the league since he left and they’ve been 3-2 and 2-2 and in both of those games we’ve been on top and let our opponents get back into the game twice.

Our chance conversion rate can't be too high, I wouldn't think. We create a lot in every game but have never scored more than 3 this season. Cove likely create less but convert a higher proportion.

As I said earlier, we've only three forwards which, for a team that plays two from the start, isn't sustainable. 

Those games between boxing day and McInroy going included matches against the bottom three, which skews things significantly, given the other two games have been against 5th and 6th placed sides, so i'm not convinced his absence from the midfield made a huge difference to our concession of those four goals. 

I agree with you, it would be great to get McInroy in. It would be brilliant to get him and a forward in. That being said, if it came down to one or the other, I think we need to consider that our midfield is already our best area. I think on balance we need another option in the forward area to complement the three we have available, more than we need another attacking midfielder. 

What further business we do, if any, will be largely determined by what is actually available in the remainder of the window and if they are actually an enhancement to the squad or not, so that's going to come into it. We'll not really know until and unless they are brought in, I guess. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Our chance conversion rate can't be too high, I wouldn't think. We create a lot in every game but have never scored more than 3 this season. Cove likely create less but convert a higher proportion.

As I said earlier, we've only three forwards which, for a team that plays two from the start, isn't sustainable. 

Those games between boxing day and McInroy going included matches against the bottom three, which skews things significantly, given the other two games have been against 5th and 6th placed sides, so i'm not convinced his absence from the midfield made a huge difference to our concession of those four goals. 

I agree with you, it would be great to get McInroy in. It would be brilliant to get him and a forward in. That being said, if it came down to one or the other, I think we need to consider that our midfield is already our best area. I think on balance we need another option in the forward area to complement the three we have available, more than we need another attacking midfielder. 

What further business we do, if any, will be largely determined by what is actually available in the remainder of the window and if they are actually an enhancement to the squad or not, so that's going to come into it. We'll not really know until and unless they are brought in, I guess. 

 

Yes get McInroy and Megginson in and the league's in the bag!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Getting awffy bored of the constant Advertiser articles about Kerr McInroy. If he wanted to be back he'd be here already. He isn't... lets move on. 

See there's a striker playing for Cambuslang Rangers thats scored 40 goals so far this season... given we got Pyott from Thorniewood, could he be an option?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Uniform11 said:

Getting awffy bored of the constant Advertiser articles about Kerr McInroy. If he wanted to be back he'd be here already. He isn't... lets move on. 

See there's a striker playing for Cambuslang Rangers thats scored 40 goals so far this season... given we got Pyott from Thorniewood, could he be an option?

I think we should be looking at Rangers and Celtic’s B teams in the Lowland League, as we’ve already done with Paterson and apparently have been attempting to with Moffat. That Tony Weston boy’s got a great record for Rangers B in that league which is of a pretty decent standard as we all know. Surely Rangers would rather he got regular game time in League One than in the Lowland League?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Uniform11 said:

Getting awffy bored of the constant Advertiser articles about Kerr McInroy. If he wanted to be back he'd be here already. He isn't... lets move on. 

See there's a striker playing for Cambuslang Rangers thats scored 40 goals so far this season... given we got Pyott from Thorniewood, could he be an option?

Yeah. How's Pyott doing again? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Uniform11 said:

Good point... well made...

See the Penny Cars branding has been removed from the stadium, any idea when that particular deal comes to an end?

Apparently was a 5 year deal in 2018 which probably means nothing to Penny Cars.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Would have gone with Patterson and Allan  but what do I know I seem to see things different to manager, 

Me too, Gallagher a lucky man to retain a jersey. He was frustrating the life out of me on Tuesday and his touch was terrible. I suppose Murray trust's Agnew but he's not for me.

Edited by Kenny_m
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Me too, Gallagher a lucky man to retain a jersey. Was frustrating the life out of me on Tuesday, his touch was terrible. I suppose Murray trust's Agnew but he's not for me.

Aye its players to start we are looking to sign  not to sit on bench . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought that’s was a very poor performance. These are the games we NEED to win.
 

How Smith missed that chance in the first half is beyond me. Shocking miss. 
 

Why Gallagher was on today is also beyond me. He offered absolutely nothing on Tuesday night. Bringing Allan on for half an hour was too little too late I’m afraid. We desperately need a striker who can stay on side and grab a game by the scruff when needed.
 

I wasn’t too impressed with Paterson either. I think he needs a start to get settled and then he can kick on. 
 

Watson is also pretty dire at the moment and offers very little going forward. Id much rather see MacDonald at right back instead. 
 

2 points from a possible 6 with Cove still looking to steam ahead. Poor, Airdrie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

A pessimist might see this as a chance to close the gap missed, but we’ve drawn away to Queen’s Park while Cove have drawn away to Dumbarton. Our result undoubtedly not as bad as theirs. They’re not invincible. They will drop points. I feel better about our title chances than I did yesterday.

You are spot on imo 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

You are spot on imo 👍

Yip, on paper we had the hardest game today. We weren't great and a point was all that we deserved but it does make next week at Cove a massive match -

A draw just about keeps us in it.

Lose and it's the play offs for us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Possibly found that "investing" in tanning and nail salons is a better business model. 

I suppose it depends if they have paid up there money,  back to the Excelsior Stadium then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...