The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Murray has spoken a lot in his interviews about how much he rates players who can play in multiple positions. We’ve seen this season how important that has been for us. MacDonald is a player who’s done that well for us in League 1 and Dunfermline in the Championship. Whether he’s coming in to play left-back or not his versatility will be important. Offers a lot positionally on both flanks and formation wise. 

14 hours ago, G_H said:

Good signing, will be interesting to see how he has progressed since leaving for dunfermline

A pars fan friend of mine says he has greatly improved but hasn't started any match under Hughes. Also said he couldn't imagine him playing on the left.

9 hours ago, Uniform11 said:

Noticed this too... also noticed that he referenced that he was made to feel that "his skin didn't fit" and mentioned that he couldn't fail to take notice of what was said on social media. Yet again the minority are being made to represent the views of the general support, and I certainly don't like it.

That skin comment is ill advised and I would consider it racist.

Remember if reports are true, 1 fan allegedly uttered a racist comment which no one could corroborate and now he is suggesting that the club is racist.

Quitongo is the one misrepresenting the "views of the general support" and he is either thick or knows it.

Solid signing. Hopefully Kyle’s developed into a better player in his time with Dunfermline. Definite upgrade on current LB options even though the 2 Scotts have performed reasonably well especially as they weren’t being used in their natural/preferred positions.
KMcI and another forward pppllleeeaaassseeee

He's barely played, except for a few RWB starts early this season and an occasional sub. Has he progressed? Impossible for us Pars fans to tell but he can whip in a decent cross on his right foot when given time.

2 minutes ago, Uniform11 said:

So Brody Patterson, a left full back, comes in. Presumably this lets Watson move back to centre half, with Macdonald at right back, and put McCabe into the midfield?

Exactly what I was coming to say!!

It will be interesting to see who plays where now, but that's the Wardrop gap plugged with MacDonald and the left back space filled, too, with Patterson. That's two holes that were left in the squad so good to have them cleared up.

Brody is a young player untested at this level, so we need to keep that in mind, but still, an actual natural left back. Lovely. 

Next up a forward please. Ideally before Saturday, as we should have enough already for tonight

Like others, I’m pretty happy with that. Kyle MacDonald is a decent upgrade on Sam Wardrop and while old firm loans can be a bit mixed, he’s played a reasonable number of games for Queen’s Park last season and Murray does generally do pretty well with loan signings. Ideally another midfielder (McInroy) and a forward to cover the injuries up there and we’ll be in a great position to challenge for the rest of the season.

1 minute ago, Mr November said:

Like others, I’m pretty happy with that. Kyle MacDonald is a decent upgrade on Sam Wardrop and while old firm loans can be a bit mixed, he’s played a reasonable number of games for Queen’s Park last season and Murray does generally do pretty well with loan signings. Ideally another midfielder (McInroy) and a forward to cover the injuries up there and we’ll be in a great position to challenge for the rest of the season.

Agreed.  This signing starts to get us covered at the back but really important that we get McInroy and then a striker but I’m unsure of who could we would target. We know Kerr will get us goals and can change games so he is most definitely the main priority. The sooner we get someone in the better!! We need 3 points tonight, nothing less.  And then at least one more signing before Saturday. Preferably another player heading our way from Parkhead 

So he’s used to playing at the Penny Cars and even nips in with the odd goal. Easy to see how Murray thinks this could be a great addition and he’s obviously see him in more than a few matches.  It’ll be interesting to watch how much he pushes up front tonight. Hoping he fits in to the side well and hits the ground running