Moon

The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

No. Although Broadwood is in Cumbernauld which is North Lanarkshire, Clyde are from Rutherglen.

No. Although Broadwood is in Cumbernauld which is North Lanarkshire, Clyde are from Rutherglen.

I realise that, but are they not going to be the closest team to you now???

I wouldn’t call it a derby

Well tough, they're your pals now, you can have them and that's who you'll be playing at Xmas/New Year!!!

Enjoy!!!

I realise that, but are they not going to be the closest team to you now???

will still be the wee rovers just down the road at clifftonhill

20 minutes ago, Diamondatheart said:

will still be the wee rovers just down the road at clifftonhill

I did mean in this Division!!!

Questions bout the hybrid model the club is adopting

How many players will be f/t?

Will any coaching staff go f/t?

How will training work/function with both p/t & f/t players?

12 hours ago, AFC1878 said:

Anybody on here at the Trust POTY/Hall of Fame Inductions/Charity Night in the Workman’s last night?

I was at it and it was a fair turn out in number terms. I missed last year in Stadium and I suspect more were at the one I went to 2 years ago. As said David Hutton/Josh Edward got the awards and stressed that they were also disappointed at missing out/not achieving what had been sought. The highlights of the evening were seeing most of the 1975 Cup team  whilst players of a later era were there as well. There was a good Q/A with the 75 Cup team and manager Mr McMillan.  It was a tribute evening to Ian who spoke of his 60+ years involvement with the Club.George Caldwell and Norrie Anderson inducted into the Hall of fame with Norrie saying more about how much he valued his time here until Ally Mcleod sent him on his way ( only to reappear 6 months later as Ayr boss!) .  The meal itself was very good and the Bar was always busy!  It managed to avoid the sense of the differences between the Trust and Board.

2 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I was at it and it was a fair turn out in number terms. I missed last year in Stadium and I suspect more were at the one I went to 2 years ago. As said David Hutton/Josh Edward got the awards and stressed that they were also disappointed at missing out/not achieving what had been sought. The highlights of the evening were seeing most of the 1975 Cup team  whilst players of a later era were there as well. There was a good Q/A with the 75 Cup team and manager Mr McMillan.  It was a tribute evening to Ian who spoke of his 60+ years involvement with the Club.George Caldwell and Norrie Anderson inducted into the Hall of fame with Norrie saying more about how much he valued his time here until Ally Mcleod sent him on his way ( only to reappear 6 months later as Ayr boss!) .  The meal itself was very good and the Bar was always busy!  It managed to avoid the sense of the differences between the Trust and Board.

Any signing rumours ,  will Hutton resign surely someone asked him.

Just now, Passionate said:

Any signing rumours ,  will Hutton resign surely someone asked him.

He did say he wanted to sign back on but that was all he said in public. Given how we were all taken in by all the hype last season , I am keeping quiet for now

Don’t know. Goalkeepers definitely part-time.

Murray was already full-time. No other staff full-time.

Full time players will train during the day except on the days the part-time players train, then they’ll train in the evening.

Don’t know if it’s already been said in here, but according to the daily record, you lot have offered Blair Henderson a part time contract. He had knocked back a full time offer

Don’t know if it’s already been said in here, but according to the daily record, you lot have offered Blair Henderson a part time contract. He had knocked back a full time offer
Could possibly be a gamble worth taking

17 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

I believe initially they said they wanted the playing squad to be split half and half between full-timers and part-timers. However, they seem to have signed a bunch of young full-timers to pad out the squad/play in the reserves so whether that will mean they'll now have more full-timers than part-timers or most of our starting squad will be part-time I don't know. I think we'll only really know for sure once our squad is signed up. Murray is already full-time 

16 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

He did say he wanted to sign back on but that was all he said in public. Given how we were all taken in by all the hype last season , I am keeping quiet for now

It's hard to know how much stock to take in that. He's kind of got to say that and you would imagine an offer from Raith or Thistle (and probably full-time too) would be tempting. Having said that given his age and the stage of his career he's at he might be happy to stay part-time. And without wanting to indulge in the "love playing for this football club" cliche that players regularly hit out with he did genuinely seem to enjoy his time here. 

20 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Does the Bindippers coming up count as a "Derby" for you lot next season ???

Don't think any Airdrie fans would look at it as a derby. No idea what clyde fans think. 

1 hour ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

Nathan Austin has signed for Kelty Hearts :unsure2:

It's a shame to see guys like him, Easton and Reilly plodding around in the Lowland League but if they've been offered a fair whack then fair enough. I'm very much looking forward to seeing how Barry & co make an arse of it. 

Edited by airdrieman

It's a shame to see guys like him, Easton and Reilly plodding around in the Lowland League but if they've been offered a fair whack then fair enough. I'm very much looking forward to seeing how Barry & co might an arse of it. 

Will be good to see who The chuckle brothers sign because I would’ve took Easton,Meggatt and Austin