Jump to content

The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond


Recommended Posts

Noticed on Saturday Leon McCann was dropped to the bench for Falkirk and they’ve just announced the signing of a LB Taylor-Sinclair. Things have gone from bad to worse for him.

Not sure I’d take him back tbh but could solve the left back issue if we don’t have one lined up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Diamond10 said:

Noticed on Saturday Leon McCann was dropped to the bench for Falkirk and they’ve just announced the signing of a LB Taylor-Sinclair. Things have gone from bad to worse for him.

Not sure I’d take him back tbh but could solve the left back issue if we don’t have one lined up.

Not sure we could buy out a 3 year contract and I'm pretty sure Falkirk won't be in a hurry to loan him out to a "promotion rival".

I'd have him back fwiw

Link to comment
Share on other sites

McDonald in and Frizzell out from last game. Will be interesting to see who plays where, could just be a straight swap or it might mean McDonald playing full back with McGill coming into midfield. Could even see Watson play centre half and McCabe allowed push up into midfield since both McGill and McDonald have played full back in the past (at the same time once when our covid-hit squad played Peterhead early on in the season).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

McDonald in and Frizzell out from last game. Will be interesting to see who plays where, could just be a straight swap or it might mean McDonald playing full back with McGill coming into midfield. Could even see Watson play centre half and McCabe allowed push up into midfield since both McGill and McDonald have played full back in the past (at the same time once when our covid-hit squad played Peterhead early on in the season).

It looks like the same back four as usual in the warm-up, so presumably just a straight swap. This is definitely a big opportunity for us with Queen’s Park having so many players out. I’m still expecting a very tight game but given our home record against the other top teams so far, this is absolutely a game we need to win. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 27/12/2021 at 01:16, Strikerturnedkeeper said:

Was it this guy? image.jpeg.6496fbdb89f1d9eff5a06c28b3a28b05.jpeg  Ruari Paton of QOS.

Paton, Quitongo and his brother all have the same agent. Given the statements and tweets that have gone about I’d be surprised if another player from that agency is offered to the club. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Glad to see a win tonight and beating a team in top 4. Many fair chances in a first half which we controlled. That wonderful play by Easton but it seemed easier to sclaff it past the goalie! QP were hardly up the park and had no real chances until McHugh had a blast wide. They were more up for it in 2bd half and I was glad when Mcinroy got that belter. Great 6 points and let's back it up against Dumbarton. They looked a wee bit tired near the end but well done to them all- even Deano was doing step overs in the corner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

An all round good game which I thought we deserved to win. Some seriously good attacking football in the first half but we were lacking that finish once again. Definitely needing some signings for the back and a couple of big strikers in this window. 
 

On a more disappointing note, the boos as Jai Quitongo’s substitution was announced were embarrassing. I pity those ‘fans’ who are plagued with a mindset that cannot facilitate critical thought or decency. Poor. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

An all round good game which I thought we deserved to win. Some seriously good attacking football in the first half but we were lacking that finish once again. Definitely needing some signings for the back and a couple of big strikers in this window. 
 

On a more disappointing note, the boos as Jai Quitongo’s substitution was announced were embarrassing. I pity those ‘fans’ who are plagued with a mindset that cannot facilitate critical thought or decency. Poor. 

Why is Quitongo being booed?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Why is Quitongo being booed?

Simply because he demonstrated support for his brother who was subject to racial abuse by an Airdrie supporter. 
 

Some absolute morons seem to think that Jai Quitongo has done wrong here. Those morons fail to realise that they are not the victims in this scenario. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

Simply because he demonstrated support for his brother who was subject to racial abuse by an Airdrie supporter. 
 

Some absolute morons seem to think that Jai Quitongo has done wrong here. Those morons fail to realise that they are not the victims in this scenario. 

No , sorry.

 

See I'm a super leftie , absolutely supported Rico during the debacle that followed his coming out after being allegedly racially abused. 

 

But jai was being booed etc for his alleged abuse of his partner. And to be fair once he got on the park he seemed a bit of D**k. And rightly or wrongly,  its the same abuse goodwillie gets etc 

 

So please don't make this about race or Rico. Had nothing to do with that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rossm25 said:

No , sorry.

 

See I'm a super leftie , absolutely supported Rico during the debacle that followed his coming out after being allegedly racially abused. 

 

But jai was being booed etc for his alleged abuse of his partner. And to be fair once he got on the park he seemed a bit of D**k. And rightly or wrongly,  its the same abuse goodwillie gets etc 

 

So please don't make this about race or Rico. Had nothing to do with that.

Ah well thank you for that insight. I was unaware of that. I take it you were booing then?
 

You can appreciate how one would simply link the events tonight with past events regarding Rico. Fans sitting near me were certainly under that impression.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That was a really important win tonight. Looking at the league table I’m pretty happy with where we are at this point, it’s certainly a lot better than I expected after the first few games. We’ve still not been able to put out a full strength team due to COVID, injuries and other issues but that’s where our January recruitment will be crucial. Ultimately taking 0/12 against Cove and Montrose is what has us sitting third and not top, it’s vital we change that in the second half of the season and strengthening in key areas will help with that. I think we all agree that keeping McInroy, signing a new left back, striker and centre back are the priorities. If we can achieve that alongside keeping Scott McGill we’ll be in a great position. Tonight showed exactly how important keeping McInroy is. Much like Kyle Turner last season, in a tight game he just has that moment of quality to win a game. It was another fantastic goal and it’s a real joy to watch him play at the moment. Long may it continue!

I thought we dominated the first half tonight after a pretty stop-start opening 15 minutes. Easton, who I thought was pretty poor in possession tonight, should have scored his chance but other than Gallagher’s half chances we didn’t really create too much for all we dominated possession. We struggled to cope with Queen’s Park change of shape in the second half and seemed to particularly struggle retaining possession. I thought we were heading for another draw at that point but McInroy’s moment of magic was well worth the three points alone, though I think we undoubtedly deserved the win overall. 

Hopefully the team can take confidence from beating one of the top four at home. I know Queen’s Park had several key players out injured but they still had plenty of decent players on the park and we managed to control the game for large parts and see out the win towards the end, while missing Frizzell, Kerr, Salim etc ourselves. That’s four times we’ve played them, still without playing our strongest team, and we’re yet to be beaten in 90 minutes. If only we could just figure out how to beat Cove and Montrose!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Rossm25 said:

No , sorry.

 

See I'm a super leftie , absolutely supported Rico during the debacle that followed his coming out after being allegedly racially abused. 

 

But jai was being booed etc for his alleged abuse of his partner. And to be fair once he got on the park he seemed a bit of D**k. And rightly or wrongly,  its the same abuse goodwillie gets etc 

 

So please don't make this about race or Rico. Had nothing to do with that.

Jai Quitongo plays the pantomine villain very well ,  don't want to dig into his past, but he is a narky b*****d on it and that was the reason Ellis sent him on to mix it up ,  how he got away with the incident with Easton I will never know....

 

onto Rico even although he was stripped and seemed the more enthusiastic of the subs during half time,  he was overlooked for Walker when he replaced McGill,   Time looks to be up for the lad...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Diamond1924 said:

Ah well thank you for that insight. I was unaware of that. I take it you were booing then?
 

You can appreciate how one would simply link the events tonight with past events regarding Rico. Fans sitting near me were certainly under that impression.  

Nope , but fire in with your assumptions you seem to be looking for an argument! Good stuff. 

 

I did laugh and call him a fanni3 when he punched the ground like a silly wee boy ! Take it you thought that was brilliant from him ? Showed real maturity and we should sign ASAP ? 

See I can jump to conclusions as well...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Rossm25 said:

Nope , but fire in with your assumptions you seem to be looking for an argument! Good stuff. 

 

I did laugh and call him a fanni3 when he punched the ground like a silly wee boy ! Take it you thought that was brilliant from him ? Showed real maturity and we should sign ASAP ? 

See I can jump to conclusions as well...

👍🏼

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...