Jump to content

The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, airdrieman said:

I'm sure the club tweeted that there will be a proper injury update in the match preview this weekend. 

Injury updates ?  !!!  whaaaaaaaaaaaaat  , we don't even get to know if Barry ferguson has telt a player to F off and don't come back

 Stephen king could write a book about  the rumours we hear coming from our slowly sinking ship of a team  horrific stuff  . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Confirmed that season tickets are valid for the Boxing Day game against Alloa. Club 1924 members have until 12pm tomorrow to buy theirs, thought I think the majority of Club 1924 members will also have season tickets, and then a general sale at 1pm tomorrow online. Seems like a pretty fair way of doing it in the circumstances. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

wisnae gaun anyway , i might have though but no away supporters ? so never mind .

500 in the main stand 

and 3 other stands empty , one would think the width of the pitch away from another 500 would be fine regards transmission , its crazy thinking .

Edited by Vegetableman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

wisnae gaun anyway , i might have though but no away supporters ? so never mind .

500 in the main stand 

and 3 other stands empty , one would think the width of the pitch away from another 500 would be fine regards transmission , its crazy thinking .

Send your question to herr Sturgeon .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had intended to go to Airdrie v Queen's Park when it was Covided off, ending up at Falkirk 0 Cove 3 instead. When the game was rescheduled, I booked a hotel & train tickets. Obviously, I won't be travelling (from Newcastle) now, so I sent Ms Sturgeon this email -:

 

Dear First Minister,

I am writing to you as a resident of England and a lover of Scottish football, who has been affected by your decision to limit all football games to 500 capacity. On Wednesday 29 December, I was heading for Airdrieonians v Queen's Park to tick off my 26th ground of the 42 SPFL teams, but obviously that plan is out of the question now that football games are effectively free from spectators.

Airdrie average less than 1,000, but if 500 are allowed, I wouldn't want to deny a regular a chance to see their team, so I've secured a refund for my ticket and my hotel, but it seems as if the train ticket agency have harder hearts, as they will not issue a refund. This is a shame as I was hoping to return to Scotland on Saturday 22 January to see Auchinleck Talbot v Hearts or Kilmarnock v Dundee United ; however, if I'm out of pocket for the train tickets, it makes it less likely I could boost the Scottish economy. As I earn only £22k per annum and you take home in excess of £150k, I was wondering if you could help me out with a dig out? If so, I'll stand you a pie & a Bovril when I finally get to Somerset Park..

Regards,

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some confirmation on injuries in here, in that no one seems to know exactly how long Josh Kerr, Salim or Gabby will be out for. It certainly doesn’t seem like any of them will be back imminently unfortunately. We really need a centre back and a striker in January to try and cover for these injuries.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Some confirmation on injuries in here, in that no one seems to know exactly how long Josh Kerr, Salim or Gabby will be out for. It certainly doesn’t seem like any of them will be back imminently unfortunately. We really need a centre back and a striker in January to try and cover for these injuries.

Some conflicting injury info, 2 weeks ago Murray stated in an  interview, Kerr should be back for the festive programme,  Sal was still out awaiting further news but didn't think it was a Cruciate,  can understand Gabby not having a prognosis yet due the Omnicom tsunami... I

 

There was a rumour on here in last couple of weeks about alloa wanting to sign a current Airdrie player in the window, anybody know who .. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Some conflicting injury info, 2 weeks ago Murray stated in an  interview, Kerr should be back for the festive programme,  Sal was still out awaiting further news but didn't think it was a Cruciate,  can understand Gabby not having a prognosis yet due the Omnicom tsunami... I

 

There was a rumour on here in last couple of weeks about alloa wanting to sign a current Airdrie player in the window, anybody know who .. 

Rumour mill seems to be in full flow but I haven’t heard anything about that deal.
So far:
We're signing a full back from Hearts.
Then someone else said the deal doesn't look like happening anymore.
Another loanee coming from Celtic.
We’d approached Thistle about getting Kyle Turner back but they’re not keen to let him go.
Gabby McGill’s injury isn’t as bad as first thought and he is hopeful of being back sooner than we all feared.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Tory Boy said:

Rumour mill seems to be in full flow but I haven’t heard anything about that deal.
So far:
We're signing a full back from Hearts.
Then someone else said the deal doesn't look like happening anymore.
Another loanee coming from Celtic.
We’d approached Thistle about getting Kyle Turner back but they’re not keen to let him go.
Gabby McGill’s injury isn’t as bad as first thought and he is hopeful of being back sooner than we all feared.

 

 

I saw Hearts signed an Australian full back today which might allow one of their players to go out on loan. I know Jamie Brandon was mentioned but he’s been linked with Leyton Orient which is surely a more appealing prospect for him than Airdrie. Kyle Turner would be a brilliant signing but for the first time in years we actually seem sorted in midfield, not that I’d turn him down of course. That’s good news about Gabby too, fingers crossed that’s correct.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Tory Boy said:

Rumour mill seems to be in full flow but I haven’t heard anything about that deal.
So far:
We're signing a full back from Hearts.
Then someone else said the deal doesn't look like happening anymore.
Another loanee coming from Celtic.
We’d approached Thistle about getting Kyle Turner back but they’re not keen to let him go.
Gabby McGill’s injury isn’t as bad as first thought and he is hopeful of being back sooner than we all feared.

 

 

Also heard the Kyle Turner rumour a couple of months back when he wasn't a regular starter at thistle, it seems he's broke into the team and playing every week now. Very unlikely they'll loan him out to us now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Tory Boy said:

Rumour mill seems to be in full flow but I haven’t heard anything about that deal.
So far:
We're signing a full back from Hearts.
Then someone else said the deal doesn't look like happening anymore.
Another loanee coming from Celtic.
We’d approached Thistle about getting Kyle Turner back but they’re not keen to let him go.
Gabby McGill’s injury isn’t as bad as first thought and he is hopeful of being back sooner than we all feared.

 

 

The Alloa one came from a currents players Dad got the impression he wasn't a regular in our team,  vague iknow, but it is the silly season...

 

Hopefully the Celtic loaner is in addition to McInroy getting his deal extended...

 

Looks like the club are considering most positions to strengthen , which is good..

 

Whatever our future holds this season, we will have to do it the hard way,  Cove and Montrose have pushed well clear on great runs,   we have been unlucky with covid, rearranged Scottish cup replay for a saturday,  forced to play in a hurricane and then get  fogged off in a game that seemed a certain 3 points......  The joys of following the diamonds.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Passionate said:

The Alloa one came from a currents players Dad got the impression he wasn't a regular in our team,  vague iknow, but it is the silly season...

 

Hopefully the Celtic loaner is in addition to McInroy getting his deal extended...

 

Looks like the club are considering most positions to strengthen , which is good..

 

Whatever our future holds this season, we will have to do it the hard way,  Cove and Montrose have pushed well clear on great runs,   we have been unlucky with covid, rearranged Scottish cup replay for a saturday,  forced to play in a hurricane and then get  fogged off in a game that seemed a certain 3 points......  The joys of following the diamonds.....

Yeah a lot of it is unfortunate circumstances but it seems like things have fizzled out a bit since we were top of the league last month. Admittedly I’ve only managed to get to the Stenhousemuir game since the home game against Peterhead which probably doesn’t help but it feels like the good feeling around the club has disappeared a bit. Obviously the few games we’ve played in that time have generally been disappointing too. As you say, the team have a big job to move back up alongside Cove and Montrose. This weeks games will be massive, two tough but winnable games against Alloa and a Dumbarton side in poor form and Queen’s Park, who we haven’t really been able to field a strong team against yet. Three wins would be a great achievement, anything less than seven points is ultimately a failure.

I’m a big fan of our new January transfer strategy being ask if Kyle Turner is available, we’ve certainly had a lot worse recently! Peak Murrayball would be getting Turner, McInroy, McGill, Agnew, McCabe, Easton and Frizzell in the same team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Has anyone had any joy buying a ticket for Sunday's game? Trying to buy one for my old man but the link only  appears to be selling season tickets. 

Just got mine.  Wasn't working at 1 as advertised working now though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...