Jump to content
Moon

The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, Spanish Armada said:


We were half a team in by noo,it’s gon doon hill

SACK THE BOARD
 

 

34 minutes ago, Spanish Armada said:


We were half a team in by noo,it’s gon doon hill

SACK THE BOARD
 

I actually think the next steps will take some time. As was said, the season isn’t finished yet. Then we have to try and get rid of those we want to go and that won’t be easy. We may need to see how that goes before knowing how much we can pay in wages to anyone who comes in.

I also can’t get over excited about a possible return of Ryan. He was great for us but has hardly managed to get on the park in the last 2 years. He has also had a long injury lay off. It would be over optimistic to think he would start where he left off if he came back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I actually think the next steps will take some time. As was said, the season isn’t finished yet. Then we have to try and get rid of those we want to go and that won’t be easy. We may need to see how that goes before knowing how much we can pay in wages to anyone who comes in.
I also can’t get over excited about a possible return of Ryan. He was great for us but has hardly managed to get on the park in the last 2 years. He has also had a long injury lay off. It would be over optimistic to think he would start where he left off if he came back.

30 Goals in 48 games is worth a punt,Every player gets injured some don’t come back from it some do, a good preseason behind him and he’s the Andy Ryan we all know and love IMG_0831.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

30 Goals in 48 games is worth a punt,Every player gets injured some don’t come back from it some do, a good preseason behind him and he’s the Andy Ryan we all know and love IMG_0831.thumb.jpg.9327b88e12b103d6525e7d79c9b0c3c3.jpg


Where is this talk coming from. Is this just someone’s fantasy wish-list or a semi-serious possibility?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Where is this talk coming from. Is this just someone’s fantasy wish-list or a semi-serious possibility?

Semi-serious possibility don’t see why not he’s out of contract and maybe he wants to move closer to home I dunno?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Murray clearly doesn't fancy him going from his comments. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Spanish Armada said:


30 Goals in 48 games is worth a punt,Every player gets injured some don’t come back from it some do, a good preseason behind him and he’s the Andy Ryan we all know and love emoji813.pngIMG_0831.jpg

What would you have us do?  Take a chance on his injury, give him a 2 year contract and possibly find out he’s not half the player he was? IMO far too risky given the expensive mistakes we’ve made recently. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, waysider said:

What would you have us do?  Take a chance on his injury, give him a 2 year contract and possibly find out he’s not half the player he was? IMO far too risky given the expensive mistakes we’ve made recently. 

 

Why would you have to give him a two year contract? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Moon said:

Murray clearly doesn't fancy him going from his comments. 

That does not surprise me,Andy Ryan would be better on one leg than what we have been playing since he left ,

3 hours ago, Moon said:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m more champing at the bit for “We’ve agreed the return of Andy Ryan and also Striker Nathan Austin has put pen to paper on a deal”
shhht dnt tell any one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Spanish Armada said:


Andy Ryan wae no legs and one eye would be better than Leighton Macintosh

But the management don't agree! First of present squad to be offered a full time contract!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

But the management don't agree! First of present squad to be offered a full time contract!

 

Andy Ryan was/is obviously a far better footballer. But if you actually look at their league stats in their seasons with us their goals per game ratio isn't much different. Ryan got 24 in 34 starts. McIntosh got 15 in 21 starts (plus 13 sub appearances). If you were to work out goals per minutes on the pitch there would be nothing in it. Plus McIntosh was playing in a much poorer, much more defensive side.

Not sure what point I'm making, perhaps that the stats don't reflect the way that both players should be viewed the way they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Andy Ryan was/is obviously a far better footballer. But if you actually look at their league stats in their seasons with us their goals per game ratio isn't much different. Ryan got 24 in 34 starts. McIntosh got 15 in 21 starts (plus 13 sub appearances). If you were to work out goals per minutes on the pitch there would be nothing in it. Plus McIntosh was playing in a much poorer, much more defensive side.
Not sure what point I'm making, perhaps that the stats don't reflect the way that both players should be viewed the way they are.


Airdrie obviously the Oakland A’s of Scottish football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought this was a good interview with Stuart Millar. Insightful and clarifies some more details about the Chris O'Neil situation, who's been offered deals and what sort of contracts are on offer and why MacDonald and Stewart are on the transfer list. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/airdrieonians-qa-dof-opens-up-15672153

This is also just the list of which players have been offered what - https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/airdrieonians-full-list-diamonds-who-15670800 

Also, since there hasn't been a rumour posted for a while some boy on the Thistle thread is linking us and Morton with Kris Doolan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Thought this was a good interview with Stuart Millar. Insightful and clarifies some more details about the Chris O'Neil situation, who's been offered deals and what sort of contracts are on offer and why MacDonald and Stewart are on the transfer list. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/airdrieonians-qa-dof-opens-up-15672153

This is also just the list of which players have been offered what - https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/airdrieonians-full-list-diamonds-who-15670800 

Also, since there hasn't been a rumour posted for a while some boy on the Thistle thread is linking us and Morton with Kris Doolan. 

The Doolan rumour was in in the "sun" this morning,  we have also been linked to Austin at caley and numerous other players taking part in the playoffs according to the press,  we are a gullible bunch and love a bit of speech play coming Ou r way from our DOF.     Always good to be linked to this type of player, but real istically must be out of our price range.   So I fully expect a couple of stranrae r and Ea stFife to sign on to improve our squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Airdrie are genuinely expecting some muppet to pay a fee for two League 1 players with a year to run on their deal? Has Stuart Millar started smoking crack?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Passionate said:

The Doolan rumour was in in the "sun" this morning,  we have also been linked to Austin at caley and numerous other players taking part in the playoffs according to the press,  we are a gullible bunch and love a bit of speech play coming Ou r way from our DOF.     Always good to be linked to this type of player, but real istically must be out of our price range.   So I fully expect a couple of stranrae r and Ea stFife to sign on to improve our squad.

Would think Airdrie have learned the hard way,  after a good few signing's from East Fife  last season,DOF said we had signed a few youngsters on full time contracts , will that be a scheme supported by sports council or government ?,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The options facing Murray and co are not the best, as I see it it comes down to 

1) Developing youth - long term good, short term not so good as it would mean further stagnation in div 1

2) Pot luck signings from the current stock of jobbing footballers from other Div 1 clubs and hoping you get better performances than their existing clubs - short term - uncertain, long term even more so

3) Throwing cash at available Championship players in the hope that they could become the core of a good team, again an uncertain policy

Personally I wouldn't like to have his job just now, a lot of difficult decisions to be made, bet he wishes he had a crystal ball!!

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

So Airdrie are genuinely expecting some muppet to pay a fee for two League 1 players with a year to run on their deal? Has Stuart Millar started smoking crack?

The Kelty Hearts pounds will be imminent IMO. 

Genuinely I would take a packet of crisps for Kieran MacDonald. Would probably be a better defender. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

The Kelty Hearts pounds will be imminent IMO. 

In all seriousness, I hadn't thought of that.  If anyone is stupid enough to throw money at those two it will be wee Bazza.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...