Jump to content

The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond


Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

How is Scott McGill getting on for you guys? Really rate him from what I seen of him in the first team last year, hoping he impresses with you and comes back ready to challenge when his loan is over.

He’s done well so far. Due to injuries/COVID he’s been moved about quite a lot. I think he’s played as an attacking midfielder, right back, right winger, left winger and on Saturday on the right of a midfield diamond. We’re only just beginning to find our best team but he’s certainly made a decent case for being in it. The way we’re trying to play seems to suit him, a full season here (hopefully) challenging for promotion should see him go back to Hearts a much better player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, WeAllDreamOfATeamOfAndyRyans said:

Dylan Easton is the best player in the world and I will hear nothing different IMG_3874.jpg

He is different class, hopefully can start to score goals, that is a all that is missing,    described as a 'wizard' with a football by Kelty fans.....

 

We have salin and Smith on 2 year deals,    get  the wee man added to that list....    

Link to comment
Share on other sites



He is different class, hopefully can start to score goals, that is a all that is missing,    described as a 'wizard' with a football by Kelty fans.....
 
We have salin and Smith on 2 year deals,    get  the wee man added to that list....    


3 year minimum with option for a further 1. McCabe too.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 09/10/2021 at 04:06, WeAllDreamOfATeamOfAndyRyans said:

Dylan Easton is the best player in the world and I will hear nothing different IMG_3874.jpg

Going by social media he has an ice pack on his knee. Hopefully nothing major, would be a blow for Saturday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Diamond10 said:

Going by social media he has an ice pack on his knee. Hopefully nothing major, would be a blow for Saturday.

Its his calf the ice pack is on,Went for a scan today told to rest for a couple of days should be fit for Saturday 👍🤞

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone else find the statement from the club regarding the incident with Quitongo to be somewhat foolish and poorly worded, or just me?

"Vindication" makes it sound like they are hanging him out to dry and are satisfied that it hasn't happened, ergo the player is lying.

Fair enough if they haven't found any corroborative evidence but to say that it was important the fans had not been "unfairly accused" and have been vindicated sounds very much like a clear taking of sides. Just because evidence isn't there to be found doesn't make it untrue.

This may not be what they meant (or maybe they did) but I don't see it doing much for the morale of the player.62772768e36103a910c9f8813134f5ba.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Anyone else find the statement from the club regarding the incident with Quitongo to be somewhat foolish and poorly worded, or just me?

"Vindication" makes it sound like they are hanging him out to dry and are satisfied that it hasn't happened, ergo the player is lying.

Fair enough if they haven't found any corroborative evidence but to say that it was important the fans had not been "unfairly accused" and have been vindicated sounds very much like a clear taking of sides. Just because evidence isn't there to be found doesn't make it untrue.

This may not be what they meant (or maybe they did) but I don't see it doing much for the morale of the player.62772768e36103a910c9f8813134f5ba.jpg

I thought the same. It’s almost in a roundabout way saying they’ve managed to prove Quitongo made it up.

I seen his brother dropping a tweet that suggests he isn’t best pleased with the outcome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/10/2021 at 18:02, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Anyone else find the statement from the club regarding the incident with Quitongo to be somewhat foolish and poorly worded, or just me?

"Vindication" makes it sound like they are hanging him out to dry and are satisfied that it hasn't happened, ergo the player is lying.

Fair enough if they haven't found any corroborative evidence but to say that it was important the fans had not been "unfairly accused" and have been vindicated sounds very much like a clear taking of sides. Just because evidence isn't there to be found doesn't make it untrue.

This may not be what they meant (or maybe they did) but I don't see it doing much for the morale of the player.62772768e36103a910c9f8813134f5ba.jpg

Not many replies to this topic,  IMO the club seemed to have done all they can,  nobody has came forward to identify the alleged 'John Doe'...   The investigation has been open for in excess of 3 weeks...   It's an unfortunate situation which as a club we have to move on from..  I am sure Rico has had the situation explained to him prior to going to press..... What more could be done,,,  (answers on a postcard)...

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not many replies to this topic,  IMO the club seemed to have done all they can,  nobody has came forward to identify the alleged 'John Doe'...   The investigation has been open for in excess of 3 weeks...   It's an unfortunate situation which as a club we have to move on from..  I am sure Rico has had the situation explained to him prior to going to press..... What more could be done,,,  (answers on a postcard)...
 
 


I know nothing of the circumstances of the incident but the accusation on Twitter from his brother is that there were three witnesses and the club has done nothing/is lying about the evidence.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not many replies to this topic,  IMO the club seemed to have done all they can,  nobody has came forward to identify the alleged 'John Doe'...   The investigation has been open for in excess of 3 weeks...   It's an unfortunate situation which as a club we have to move on from..  I am sure Rico has had the situation explained to him prior to going to press..... What more could be done,,,  (answers on a postcard)...
 
 
I'm not suggesting they haven't done all they can to investigate (although others do seem to have said that) I just find the wording of the statement very curious. A lack of evidence does not disprove an allegation but that seems to be the suggestion here.

As far as I can see the accusation was against an unidentified individual yet the club statement mentions the club and supporters as a whole being vindicated. "It was also important to ensure that our club and supporters as a whole, were not unfairly accused of using racist language. We believe that this process has been a vindication". Wording like that makes it sound like they have gone on the defensive from the outset.

What I will say is that if, as suggested elsewhere, there are other witnesses to this then they should be speaking to the police and not relying on the club to deal with it.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

I'm not suggesting they haven't done all they can to investigate (although others do seem to have said that) I just find the wording of the statement very curious. A lack of evidence does not disprove an allegation but that seems to be the suggestion here.

As far as I can see the accusation was against an unidentified individual yet the club statement mentions the club and supporters as a whole being vindicated. "It was also important to ensure that our club and supporters as a whole, were not unfairly accused of using racist language. We believe that this process has been a vindication". Wording like that makes it sound like they have gone on the defensive from the outset.

What I will say is that if, as suggested elsewhere, there are other witnesses to this then they should be speaking to the police and not relying on the club to deal with it.

There could be 100 witnesses, but if they are unable to provide details of the alleged perpetrator,  what can be done..

 

As the club has stated Case Closed,    Onwards and upwards

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

What I will say is that if, as suggested elsewhere, there are other witnesses to this then they should be speaking to the police and not relying on the club to deal with it.

 

I don't understand why it's not the police investigating the incident. It should be fairly easy to sort out as well.

There were only 100 / 150 Airdrie fans there and pretty much no atmosphere.

Most of the support was congregated in the middle of the stand and nobody there seems to have heard anything. Quite a few people witnessed one fan having a go at Quitongo for not getting tight to his man but no racist language was used.

So that leaves a handful of fans down the front. Once you rule out the women with the kids you're down to about 10 to 15 fans it could be. There is CCTV footage, plus photographer match pics and game footage. It should be easy for any witness or witnesses to point out from pictures who they believe done it. 

Also tickets were bought online so you have a list of who paid in.

Any police investigation should take no time at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...