Jump to content
Moon

The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Recommended Posts

I've deleted the fao mods Airdrie thread as folk seemed to think it was the one for posting in.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's hard to believe a manager could watch his players over the past few weeks and not bring in a striker, playing Conroy as lwb you would be aswell playing him as striker,Airdrie are relagation material and have been all season .1 point from 12 yes what a manager what a difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

he played some half decent passes when he was moved in to the middle. 

 

we are so poor up front it's unreal. we're never moving on to the ball in the box, it's back to the goal every time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolute garbage today. Total dross. Sideways, backwards, sat deep and allowed ourselves to get pressed deep in our own half early on, leading to their goal. 

Second half, sideways, backwards, then our centrehalves being relied on to put the ball into the box. Woeful.

Gallagher sold us out today. Dreadful.

Sean McIntosh is not a wing back. Can’t beat a man to get a cross in. Then Stewart comes on. Can get space to cross, but cannot cross for sh1t. 

Conroy, can pass a ball but is also not a wing back.  It a defensive centre mid either as cannot tackle for sh1t. 

Leighton McIntosh. Useless today. Didn’t win a header all day. 

If Duffy doesn’t know how to stay inside at his age then he never will. Caught offside too often today. 

Carrick is not a wing back either. Wasted our wide when we were crying for someone to be able to run at them on the few breaks we had.

Overall we were just far to slow today and generL passing was awful.

There’s a very evident lack of confidence throughout the squad. 

Thank goodness we’re not away from home to top of the league next week, as that could result in a hammering. 

Edited by Glenmavis Diamond

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes ,what would we be saying if It was Findus that managed1 point from 12 .dont think its lack of confidence but a big lack of ability ,how long are we going to keep the present squad ,and I know we can't get rid  they are on big contracts ,they would be better used to fill a row of seats in the stand ,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of gloom around airdrie, thought apart from the first 20 mins you completely dominated the game. A welcome 3 points, some heroic defending and good goalkeeping for us but airdrie well  worth a draw or all 3 point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Overthehedge1 said:

A lot of gloom around airdrie, thought apart from the first 20 mins you completely dominated the game. A welcome 3 points, some heroic defending and good goalkeeping for us but airdrie well  worth a draw or all 3 point

Your goalkeeper did have a couple of good saves  but as the game went on we were clueless.  Positives - a couple of hours quality time with my boy and away from the wife - although the wife  is looking a more attractive Saturday afternoon proposition as every week goes on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roger Thornhill said:

Your goalkeeper did have a couple of good saves  but as the game went on we were clueless.  Positives - a couple of hours quality time with my boy and away from the wife - although the wife  is looking a more attractive Saturday afternoon proposition as every week goes on.

How do you explain another defeat and yet this time we dominated the game. A dreadful error from Gallagher/ Missed chances in the first half by Duffy and Campbell/ great saves from the Brechin goalie/ Glass trying to score the goals from his own play/ Shape which never got us past their full backs and slow build ups. I could be cruel and say Brechin were the poorest side I have seen recently ( If you exclude us) but that tells it's own story. Felt some sympathy for Sean Mcintosh in that role and Conroy only did anything when he went into centre mid. He did have one great corner/ one super shot which deserved an equaliser but he wasted several free kicks again. Brechin simply blocked all routes to goal and we never looked like breaking through. I will like to see  the Duffy offside goal but he was as others said always with back to goal. Yes if this had been Part time Findus we would have given him some stick at full time but our FT manager escaped this week. I don't think we have gained anything from bringing in loan players and indeed it might have set us back, if that is possible. Again the back three put in a good shift and I was puzzled at O'Neil going off as by then Brechin were flooding their defence to all our midfield "play" . The bottom five now includes us for a serious run in to relegation days. If you also think that Miller/Robertson/Page/Wilkie/Vittoria  were on bench or missing maybe it was Findus to blame.  I am trying to see all the games this season, not to avoid the wife, but Gayfield could well be another disaster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

How do you explain another defeat and yet this time we dominated the game. A dreadful error from Gallagher/ Missed chances in the first half by Duffy and Campbell/ great saves from the Brechin goalie/ Glass trying to score the goals from his own play/ Shape which never got us past their full backs and slow build ups. I could be cruel and say Brechin were the poorest side I have seen recently ( If you exclude us) but that tells it's own story. Felt some sympathy for Sean Mcintosh in that role and Conroy only did anything when he went into centre mid. He did have one great corner/ one super shot which deserved an equaliser but he wasted several free kicks again. Brechin simply blocked all routes to goal and we never looked like breaking through. I will like to see  the Duffy offside goal but he was as others said always with back to goal. Yes if this had been Part time Findus we would have given him some stick at full time but our FT manager escaped this week. I don't think we have gained anything from bringing in loan players and indeed it might have set us back, if that is possible. Again the back three put in a good shift and I was puzzled at O'Neil going off as by then Brechin were flooding their defence to all our midfield "play" . The bottom five now includes us for a serious run in to relegation days. If you also think that Miller/Robertson/Page/Wilkie/Vittoria  were on bench or missing maybe it was Findus to blame.  I am trying to see all the games this season, not to avoid the wife, but Gayfield could well be another disaster.

You haven't met my wife (joke over).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we have achieved what was looking likely when the best we could bring in was 218year old .Jim  Duffy was a bit wiser with his new signings,you are either a manager or you are not ,I cannot for the life of me see how any manager thought Duffy. @ MacIntosh would score enough goals to get us the results we need .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Spanish Armada said:

“Offside”Aye okay Lino ya diddyIMG_0687.jpg

Stills can be convincing but I will wait to see all the action. It does look like a good goal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...