The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

26 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Are you boys short on cash? Some very strange scrimping going on here.

We've just given Kouider-Aissa full-time two year deal, so even though there's probably some sort of break clause we're obviously pretty confident about the full-time/hybrid thing. I get that like every club we've had a tough year or so but there was already a bit of a disconnect between the boardroom and the fans. Increasing ticket prices, quite substantially for certain groups, seems an odd way of doing things. 

17 minutes ago, Mr November said:

We've just given Kouider-Aissa full-time two year deal, so even though there's probably some sort of break clause we're obviously pretty confident about the full-time/hybrid thing. I get that like every club we've had a tough year or so but there was already a bit of a disconnect between the boardroom and the fans. Increasing ticket prices, quite substantially for certain groups, seems an odd way of doing things. 

Has it been tough for clubs at our level though? Seems to me a lot of clubs effectively wiped the slate clean with the government handouts/James Anderson money. With fans being out for a year I think clubs are not reading the room very well to hike prices. There should be deals galore for football at our level, use the buzz fans have for going back to stadiums and try to encourage others along. Not sure upping the prices for the poorest people who attend games is wise. 

18 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

We won't get much, if anything, for Robert. I am pretty sure there's some sort of strange goings on in that respect, where the agent and others may get the lions share of any fee. Thus why he's being pimped out and constant rumours about clubs wanting to sign him. Most of which turn out to be garbage. 

can see this happening 100%, even the real talents at our level don't get whored out half as much as TR.  I suppose whatever figure gets quoted if/when he goes, the club will only see a % of that.

5 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

I'm sorry but that's ridiculous for an adult ticket in the 3rd tier of Scottish football. 

If we don't start the season well, I can see that price hike being enough to put people off attending. 

I will certainly be picking and choosing games to attend rather than try to go to them all as I have done in previous seasons.

The price is enough to put this senior citizen (posh terminology for an old fart) from attending this Saturday.  "Shit in your own nest" comes to mind.

20 hours ago, Airdrie76 said:

Thomas Robert on trial at Salford City now according to the Evening Times.

I was just coming on to post about this. It feels like he's been linked with/trained with just about everyone this summer.

I'd seen Dundee United mentioned a while back, then Celtic, Burnley and now Salford. He'd have been far better staying at Airdrie, getting a full season under his belt and then getting offered a move elsewhere - not just trials here, there and everywhere. 

9 hours ago, Mr November said:

I see the ticket prices for this season have been confirmed

ADULT - £18
CONCESSION (Over 65s) - £13
CONCESSION (16-18 / students / unemployed / disabled) - £11
CHILD (Under 16) - £7

I suspected they would increase with the increase in season ticket costs but that’s a lot of money for League One games. Splitting over 65 and other concessions doesn’t really make too much sense to me either.

Having made a mess of their original ST "offer" and although I got back the extra initially paid, it strikes me that it's a noticeable increase for the casual customer/someone taking a chance to visit and regular fans who don't want to commit to a ST.  If I attended all 18 games I do "save" around £40.00 but not everyone can pay upfront .  The child price is good so maybe they have increased the other prices since as someone else posted " a seat is a seat". It all depends on the results we can achieve -the more you win the more people think "I'll go"-- losses will do the opposite. I have yet to see the prices at other grounds but I suspect they might be similar.  Prices in general have risen-my favourite Curry takeaways have done that , but they always please me!  

Edited by Chapelhall chap
spelling error

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I was just coming on to post about this. It feels like he's been linked with/trained with just about everyone this summer.

I'd seen Dundee United mentioned a while back, then Celtic, Burnley and now Salford. He'd have been far better staying at Airdrie, getting a full season under his belt and then getting offered a move elsewhere - not just trials here, there and everywhere. 

That's pretty much what we were told the plan was for him to play for us last season and move on this season with us being given a fee to buy out his contract.    He looked pretty decent at the start and right from league game 1 he was linked with premier league clubs.  Then after his trial with celtic it's more like he sat on the bench waiting for an offer from a club further up the football food chain.  I think most of us are surprised he came back for pre season.   A trial with celtic, Burnley and Salford and no offer having sat on the bench most of last season for a league 1 club says it all really. 

6 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Having made a mess of their original ST "offer" and although I got back the extra initially paid, it strikes me that it's a noticeable increase for the casual customer/someone taking a chance to visit and regular fans who don't want to commit to a ST.  If I attended all 18 games I do "save" around £40.00 but not everyone can pay upfront .  The child price is good so maybe they have increased the other prices since as someone else posted " a seat is a seat". It all depends on the results we can achieve -the more you win the more people think "I'll go"-- losses will do the opposite. I have yet to see the prices at other grounds but I suspect they might be similar.  Prices in general have risen-my favourite Curry takeaways have done that , but they always please me!  

If only Airdrie had the same guarantee!

25 minutes ago, Ballboy said:

That's pretty much what we were told the plan was for him to play for us last season and move on this season with us being given a fee to buy out his contract.    He looked pretty decent at the start and right from league game 1 he was linked with premier league clubs.  Then after his trial with celtic it's more like he sat on the bench waiting for an offer from a club further up the football food chain.  I think most of us are surprised he came back for pre season.   A trial with celtic, Burnley and Salford and no offer having sat on the bench most of last season for a league 1 club says it all really. 

The whole transfer has been very odd. He's clearly a really handy player. But he also hasn't ripped up the league in the way I was expecting. 

I was expecting Robert to have the sort of impact at Airdrie that Dom Thomas had with us. But that doesn't seem to have been the case at all.

He must have an agent who is keen to punt him about and do the big sell on him. But on the park he's clearly not convinced bigger clubs. The difference between being a cracking League One player and even a cracking Championship player is huge. As the likes of Declan McManus prove.

It'll be interesting to see where he ends up. I wouldn't be totally shocked to still see him in a Diamonds kit come September - and I don't think that would be the worst thing for him.

13 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Noticed that Clyde have £17.00 for Adult and £14.00 for 65+ while under 16s are a lot cheaper than ours. Falkirk ST are in the £300/320 categories so probably £18.00 for PAG. 

Was checking other teams as well,  I think Dumbarton and Queens Park have still to show their admission prices for the season,   I would expect ourselves and Falkirk to be the highest, although Queens Park charged £ 17 for the game last week when we're charging £12.........

I think the days of the club giving in to the 'Haun oot' brigade are  thankfully over..   

The club are trying to maximise As much revenue As possible.  New initiatives. DTV±  and live streaming,  and new branded quality products in the club shop,    Sorry guys if we want out this league, we are going to have to pay through the nose for it....

As I  posted previously i think a Universal pricing scheme is something that should be looked into,,    Equality is being banded about everywhere.  How about a £ 15 entry ticket for all except under 16s that another debate though....

32 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

The lot of an Airdrie fan indeed. I suppose if my takeaway lets me down there are other outlets, whereas the emotional link to the Diamonds is never likely to be broken. Captive audience syndrome.

Expected the prices to rise as you say almost everything has and  as long as the quality of performance increase along with the price hike ...like some say would be a concern if we have a poor start to the season ♦️

I  wouldn't mind us being one of the highest in terms of pricing if we were seeing some decent football and signings, but neither has happened over the last few seasons. The board have always got the cash me quick hat on every close season when it comes to season tickets, merchandise etc for precious little in return. I don't see this season being any different, the signings have been average in the main, still miles short in terms of quality, and Holt allegedly is on 50k a year as a DoF to be a talent spotter. Which includes signing his own laddie. It's a right laugh. 

3 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Saving £40 over a year is a piss poor saving. £3.33 per month, not even the price of a decent pint. 

Guaranteed we won't see many of the decent home crowd from the Motherwell game attend on Saturday. 

How it pans out over the season will. Very much depend on how the team perform. 

Diamonds TV streaming prices on main site £15 per game £225 per season .Camera now moved to main stand but still Pixalott system .Only by opinion but based on previous streaming issues and value for money think it will be a no from me

Thoughts ?

3 hours ago, Diamond Sab said:

Diamonds TV streaming prices on main site £15 per game £225 per season .Camera now moved to main stand but still Pixalott system .Only by opinion but based on previous streaming issues and value for money think it will be a no from me

Thoughts ?

£18 is a complete and utter rip off, but preferable to £15 for that abysmal streaming

I'll pick and choose my games I think based on recent performances, results, and whoever is fit.

The quality of the squad is questionable, and blows hot and cold as we have seen the last couple of games.

Don't mind forking out to see a winning team. What we have however is an average team (and yes, I will quibble over a couple of quid on stuff like this!)

Edited by G_H

27 minutes ago, G_H said:

I'll pick and choose my games I think based on recent performances, results, and whoever is fit.

The quality of the squad is questionable, and blows hot and cold as we have seen the last couple of games.

Don't mind forking out to see a winning team. What we have however is an average team (and yes, I will quibble over a couple of quid on stuff like this!)

I’m the same about the quibbling - keep hearing about all this ambition but as I see it, the teams that actually have it will pass us by soon. Fed-up shelling out for worse than bang average league one hoofball led by IM, peppered by the odd decent run/Falkirk’s arse collapsing again. 

It would appear that the streaming service is here to stay which is a good thing in my opinion. Looking at other streams, like QOS last week, it is obvious that there is vast room for improvement to justify the price for our product. Moving the camera was a no-brainer from the start but viewers are looking for more than a car park surveillance feed these days. Whilst it is easy to criticise the clubs efforts sometimes on issues like streaming I think by and large the guys at the top are  providing management that is a vast improvent to the previous board.