The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

5 hours ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

He was dreadful. At least he had the decency to show how dreadful he was before we try to sign him and not put in the best display of his life never to be repeated.

He looked lively in first ten minutes but I appear to have cursed him.

12 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Reece Willisoni think

Not sure it was Willison, think it might have been Reece Murdoch from last season but could be wrong. I certainly didn’t recognise him at the time which would explain it being Murdoch given we could barely make out who was playing on the Pixellot streams nevermind the backup keeper.

The number 5 was Craig Watson. Not sure why he had a different squad number, maybe just going with 1-11 kits for today. 

8 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Not sure it was Willison, think it might have been Reece Murdoch from last season but could be wrong. I certainly didn’t recognise him at the time which would explain it being Murdoch given we could barely make out who was playing on the Pixellot streams nevermind the backup keeper.

The number 5 was Craig Watson. Not sure why he had a different squad number, maybe just going with 1-11 kits for today. 

Impressed with Watson, Good player with East Fife the last few srasons... Any idea why Frizzell or Pyott were missing today....I

On a side note that strip is  the best away kit for a long tine..

9 hours ago, Mr November said:

I had a look at the photos and it does look like Murdoch, with a new hairdo. 

28 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Yeah number 2 is Harris O’Connor.

A centre-back who can also play left-back according to TransferMarkt (so he’s probably a striker). Was previously on the books at Rangers and the played on loan at Brechin last season apparently. 

1 minute ago, airdrieman said:

A centre-back who can also play left-back according to TransferMarkt (so he’s probably a striker). Was previously on the books at Rangers and the played on loan at Brechin last season apparently. 

Given that he's playing on the right of the back 3 I'd say this is maybe one of those times when transfermarkt is unreliable. He's looked decent enough in my opinion but the trialist on the other side of the defence was a bit at fault for the goal. Midfield's been nonexistent.

5 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Don't no whats worst Airdrie or the live stream ♦️

Just now, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Given that he's playing on the right of the back 3 I'd say this is maybe one of those times when transfermarkt is unreliable. He's looked decent enough in my opinion but the trialist on the other side of the defence was a bit at fault for the goal. Midfield's been nonexistent.

O’Connor’s done ok building play from the back but poor defensively, he’s needed a lot of talking to from Currie and Fordyce. As you say, the other centre back was at fault for the first goal, he stopped paying attention to the game as he was waiting for the referee to make a decision which never came. 

Clyde are strolling this so far, Gomis has been outstanding. Our midfield is non-existant, Agnew’s done ok but Ritchie is all over the place and McDonald hasn’t got into the game yet. Not too bothered as I’d like to think we wouldn’t be playing that midfield three too often but good to get these issues out the way early on. The midfield being so poor has led to Currie launching a lot of long balls which he didn’t really do yesterday. Allan’s worked hard and created one good chance for himself but he’s never going to win high balls. The other striker has had some decent touches but he hasn’t had much to work with.

Patiently waiting for the first Murray out shout now.

1 minute ago, airdrieman said:

I’m looking forward to the over-reactions already. Will pour myself a cold one before looking at the Facebook group at full-time. 

You may well joke, it's only a friendly  but do you see the makings of a team, we usually managed a few goals against clyde, 

You may well joke, it's only a friendly  but do you see the makings of a team, we usually managed a few goals against clyde, 
Considering this is a team that is half made up of trialists or players who aren't in the starting 11 I'm not gonna be panicking sorry.
We actually played decent football yesterday when we played with our first team players so I'm not worried about the b team and some trialists being poor against a Clyde first 11 in a friendly no.

8 minutes ago, NorthernDiamond said:

Considering this is a team that is half made up of trialists or players who aren't in the starting 11 I'm not gonna be panicking sorry.
We actually played decent football yesterday when we played with our first team players so I'm not worried about the b team and some trialists being poor against a Clyde first 11 in a friendly no.

Lowland league team  yesterday, aye got the player on now that could make a difference,