The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

1 hour ago, Ballboy said:

Just a thought,  are all these guys full time?   Are we still going with this hybrid system as last season?

Quitongo is full-time. I assume Frizzell will be also. Wardrop and Watson have jobs outside of football so will be part-time. Don’t know about Allan but I imagine he’ll be on a pretty low wage either way. 

30 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Quitongo is full-time. I assume Frizzell will be also. Wardrop and Watson have jobs outside of football so will be part-time. Don’t know about Allan but I imagine he’ll be on a pretty low wage either way. 

If his fitness level is similar to his last spell we were definitely paying him in fish suppers at that point...

31 minutes ago, Spanish Armada said:

No offence but who acc cares?As long as they do the business?

My reason for asking is full time players will have more chance to improve as footballers.   Quite a few are unimpressed with the new signings.  If the they play and train full time they can gel as a squad quicker and maybe avoid the problems of past seasons where its taken a few weeks into the season for them to play as a team.   Part timers are fine but will naturally take longer.   

8 hours ago, Ballboy said:

My reason for asking is full time players will have more chance to improve as footballers.   Quite a few are unimpressed with the new signings.  If the they play and train full time they can gel as a squad quicker and maybe avoid the problems of past seasons where its taken a few weeks into the season for them to play as a team.   Part timers are fine but will naturally take longer.   

Unless they are put on the  park with a structure and a plan A plan B a bit better than previous seasons, it won't matter part time or full time, 

12 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Wardrop is a personal trainer, could potentially still do that even if he was full time.

9 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Gretna fans used to say daft things, 

I'm not even sure what that means ? 

All I'm saying is folk are losing their heads over players they haven't seen in a diamond yet. I'm sure someone's commented before that the likes of Andy Ryan came from teams who were below us in folks estimations. 

We've been in this league for 7 seasons ? How can we be expected to be sign lower league superstars ! Am I utterly buzzing at our signings so far ? No. But do I think we should at least give players a chance before going into a "were doomed" melt down ? Aye. 

49 minutes ago, Rossm25 said:

I'm not even sure what that means ? 

All I'm saying is folk are losing their heads over players they haven't seen in a diamond yet. I'm sure someone's commented before that the likes of Andy Ryan came from teams who were below us in folks estimations. 

We've been in this league for 7 seasons ? How can we be expected to be sign lower league superstars ! Am I utterly buzzing at our signings so far ? No. But do I think we should at least give players a chance before going into a "were doomed" melt down ? Aye. 

I think you'll find that people are pissed off that the noises coming from the club are "league 1 title challengers" and the signings are "already proven bottom half of league 1 jobbers". That seems a beyond simple concept to understand. But don't let that get in the way of your happy clapping.

Edited by cb_diamond

11 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

I think you'll find that people are pissed off that the noises coming from the club are "league 1 title challengers" and the signings are "already proven bottom half of league 1 jobbers". That seems an beyond simple concept to understand. But don't let that get in the way of your happy clapping.

Oh well thats me put in my place ! 

2 hours ago, Rossm25 said:

I wonder if thier fans will turn into a gibbering mess because he's from a "lesser" team ,

Morgyn Neill i s the player in question,    Cove have signed him on a 3 year deal..

I think we would go into meltdown if we offered him a 1 year deal..

Just now, cb_diamond said:

Good, seeing as 2 of your first 6 posts on the site were to insult your own teams fans maybe that's for the best.

All I'm saying is maybe we should calm down a bit and see what happens/players turn out like ! And I've posted in the past but lost my log in , sorry I didn't know I had to qualify that before posting. If you could send me a rule sheet of what's considered happy clapping and what's not that would be great.