Moon

The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

With Falkirk coming down, they have got to be the favourites to go back up. Besides that, who else should concern us next season? 

Obviously it depends on signings, but realistically what's the best we can hope to achieve next season?

36 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

With Falkirk coming down, they have got to be the favourites to go back up. Besides that, who else should concern us next season? 

Obviously it depends on signings, but realistically what's the best we can hope to achieve next season?

Every other team? Once we know the play offs it might be fun to speculate. I would guess QOS will survive but Stenny could go, although I think their form since 2019 started suggests they will not lose over two legs. So we will have as hard a season as this one and until as you say signings are known who could predict,

2 hours ago, G_&_T said:

Look at Raith though, they were favourites to go straight back up (Roaring back and all that). You’d imagine Falkirk to have much better resources though. Hope we can challenge Falkirk/Raith (if they stay down) all the way. Hope Clyde come up too, would make the seaside league a bit less seasidey. 

13 hours ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

If QoS come down, and Dobbie leaves, they'll probably sail past everyone on route to League 2.

It doesn't  take long to forget the shit season we have had ,we will have to sign a good few quality players if we are going to do a job like Arbroath did,.who will concern us ,with the team we have at present them all .

2 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

It doesn't  take long to forget the shit season we have had ,we will have to sign a good few quality players if we are going to do a job like Arbroath did,.who will concern us ,with the team we have at present them all .

Then it’s a good job the board and manager have signalled a mass clear out then eh? Everyone connected with the club knows this season was not good enough. For the first time in a long time I am confident that, in Murray and Millar,  we have the right people with good experience and connections to bring in players good enough to challenge next season. 

Plus the hybrid model means we won’t rule out either full or part time players if they fit the criteria, whatever that may be.

Wotherspoons ‘fulltime’ Was full of kids. Murray and Millar won’t do that, in my opinion. 

Glad the season is over and I’m looking forward to seeing who we bring in over the next couple of months. 

Edited by Glenmavis Diamond

53 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Then it’s a good job the board and manager have signalled a mass clear out then eh? Everyone connected with the club knows this season was not good enough. For the first time in a long time I am confident that, in Murray and Millar,  we have the right people with good experience and connections to bring in players good enough to challenge next season. 

Plus the hybrid model means we won’t rule out either full or part time players if they fit the criteria, whatever that may be.

Wotherspoons ‘fulltime’ Was full of kids. Murray and Millar won’t do that, in my opinion. 

Glad the season is over and I’m looking forward to seeing who we bring in over the next couple of months. 

Thanks for clearing that up,

17 hours ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

Look at Raith though, they were favourites to go straight back up (Roaring back and all that). You’d imagine Falkirk to have much better resources though. Hope we can challenge Falkirk/Raith (if they stay down) all the way. Hope Clyde come up too, would make the seaside league a bit less seasidey. 

Clyde and Airdrie are as firm seaside fixtures as beach huts and ice cream vans.

20 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

What do we think the chances of getting Andy Ryan back are? Slim?

Would love Andy Ryan back in the Diamond but I don't think there's any chance.

Heard resigning talks started last week for some of the younger players. There was also a rumour going about that the club was considering paying off some of the players on two year deals.

8 minutes ago, Spanish Armada said:

Duffys offski

Maybe using some of the cup money to pay off the unwanted! 

Noticed Austin scored winner for Cally netted them extra 75,ooo,did say we are  interested but cally have put  offer on the table ,would be the type of player we would need ,gives good hope if he is example of standard of player that we are after ,

3 hours ago, Nipper said:

Would love Andy Ryan back in the Diamond but I don't think there's any chance.

Heard resigning talks started last week for some of the younger players. There was also a rumour going about that the club was considering paying off some of the players on two year deals.

Ryan wasn't on Dunfermline's list of released players today so while there was always next to no chance he'd be back there's definitely no chance now unless something changes. I'd have to assume that some of the guys on two-year deals will be getting paid off. No chance Page will still be here for example and could see Robertson getting a payoff too. Fingers crossed on Conroy too. 

Duffy the first to confirm he's away. Can't really argue with that. 14 goals isn't a bad return in such a poor team but he's not got the legs to lead the line anymore and when he's not scoring he's doing nothing. Need a much more reliable front line next season. 

10 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Duffy the first to confirm he's away. Can't really argue with that. 14 goals isn't a bad return in such a poor team but he's not got the legs to lead the line anymore and when he's not scoring he's doing nothing. Need a much more reliable front line next season. 

got to agree.

I assume this is from twitter?

Duffy still has a touch of class about him,   would score plenty in a good side with an energetic midfield and wide players that know what to do...  Sadly not that Airdrie side.   Hopefully a major clear out is happening have my doubts though.

Any signing rumours apart from Austin at Caley.

1 minute ago, Moon said:

got to agree.

I assume this is from twitter?

Aye. 

Last few pages have been a sad read. I genuinely don't know what to think anymore.

On the one hand, there are positives with the hybrid set up, a manager that most fans believe has the ability to get us up a level and we've a director of football who's a reasonable reputation.

The fact that the Trust are being sidelined by the club doesn't make a lot of sense given the fact these guys are genuine fans who put their own time in to help the club out.

Some of the goings on just seem a bit bizarre to me. I'd really like to hear from PH and have him explain his vision for the club. I understand, as a fan, we've no divine right to hear from the owner however in order to build a bit of good will it would surely only be a positive step.

It's really disheartening to have a seemingly never ending  soap opera surrounding the club. Fans should not have to "pick sides" we should all be fighting for the same cause.

Of course, nobody will give a shit if we've a team competing right at the top end of the league, but Raith and Falkirk would be more confident than us.

saw we’ve been lined with the big CM from raith Wedderburn, don’t know if it’s been mentioned here or not, thoughts?

10 minutes ago, Spanish Armada said:

Big Diddy

this.