The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

3 hours ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

There will probably be some sort of announcement tonight. They normally do a meeting the first Tuesday night after the season ends. 

I was just up at the stadium, players are all in at 2pm today.

So yeah probably tonight or tomorrow we'll hear.

5 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:

Jack McKay on a permanent is my bet

Was thinking the same but didnt want to curse it so early into end of season.

Hope they are going to show a suicide prevention ad at the same time if that's the signing 😛

Edited by G_H

4 minutes ago, G_H said:

Was thinking the same but didnt want to curse it so early into end of season.

Hope they are going to show a suicide prevention ad at the same time if that's the signing

On the  bright maybe signed a good midfielder, or striker, 

I've wanted us to sign Scott Agnew for years, he's exactly what we were missing in midfield for a long time. I'm delighted we've finally signed him, even if his performances did seem to drop off a bit this season. Good to have an assistant manager there too, even if he'll be combining that with playing. Certainly a strong start to the summer window.

Scott Angew signs! Granted I didn't see much of him last season but, based on his entire career performance, that's a terrific signing. Exactly what we've needed in the midfield for years and eminently better than our options in there last season bar Turner. I've been wanting to sign him for years but never thought it would happen TBH. Hopefully more news to come soon!

Superb bit of business by the club - agree with Mr N and Airdrieman in that he’s a player I’ve wanted us to sign for a while now. He’s always been a standout at this level and will really add something we’ve been missing in the middle of the park. 

It’s also great to see the manager being allowed to bring in his own assistant in someone he knows and trusts.

Finally, delighted to see that Murray has signed an extension - absolutely the right call and well deserved.

Good start to the summer, I’d say! 

Edited by thediamonddude

Fantastic signing Scott Agnew,  very talented player with every pass in the book,  hopefully he teams up with Paul Paton, I would settle for that midfield..

in other news Kyle Connell has been offered a new contract at Killie