The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

The sad fact is that we have found out the hard way that most of our first eleven are not good enough for this level. Falkirk, Partick, Cove have a bigger budget than ours and it shows on the park. It is our performances against East Fife, Montrose and the likes of Dumbarton that we should judge Murray on.

To this end he has underperformed with his squad. This present side is the most impotent bunch I have seen in years, we offer very little threat going forward to any team and have relied on breaks from set pieces and throw-ins.

I have no idea with regard to the club's signing policy,  but everyone was crying out for experienced striker/s at the start of the season with a good creative midfielder and none of that happened. O'Reilly, McKay, Thomson, Robert have all failed miserably as well in providing assists to the strikers that we do have, hence the fact that opposing goalkeepers have an easy time ( as in the past three games).

We thought that our steady defence would at least give us some points but this has not been the case. Sean Chrichton takes much of the blame for this but then you look at a center forward (Jack McKay)  playing right back and fluffing a clearance at Peterhead which led to a goal.

It's all gone wrong some how and it doesn't look like being remedied anytime soon I'm afraid.

2 hours ago, Diamond72 said:

The sad fact is that we have found out the hard way that most of our first eleven are not good enough for this level. Falkirk, Partick, Cove have a bigger budget than ours and it shows on the park. It is our performances against East Fife, Montrose and the likes of Dumbarton that we should judge Murray on.

To this end he has underperformed with his squad. This present side is the most impotent bunch I have seen in years, we offer very little threat going forward to any team and have relied on breaks from set pieces and throw-ins.

I have no idea with regard to the club's signing policy,  but everyone was crying out for experienced striker/s at the start of the season with a good creative midfielder and none of that happened. O'Reilly, McKay, Thomson, Robert have all failed miserably as well in providing assists to the strikers that we do have, hence the fact that opposing goalkeepers have an easy time ( as in the past three games).

We thought that our steady defence would at least give us some points but this has not been the case. Sean Chrichton takes much of the blame for this but then you look at a center forward (Jack McKay)  playing right back and fluffing a clearance at Peterhead which led to a goal.

It's all gone wrong some how and it doesn't look like being remedied anytime soon I'm afraid.

You would think Martin Ferguson could ask his brother for some advice on the management side, 

5 hours ago, Spanish Armada said:

SM the Great "Airdrie man" this great guy has actually made us worse than last season he's supposed to have this superior knowledge in the game the guys an absolute muppet just as shite a DOF as he was a manager and a player 

It's been all Murray's team since the restart, we've doubled our McKay's, and have no points to show for it.

Clearly, I have no knowledge of the inner workings of the club, but the last 3 games have been pathetic, and don't necessarily have SM as the common denominator.

It's a results business, not a hype business. Murray needs to get gone.

Edited by G_H

1 hour ago, G_H said:

It's been all Murray's team since the restart, we've doubled our McKay's, and have no points to show for it.

Clearly, I have no knowledge of the inner workings of the club, but the last 3 games have been pathetic, and don't necessarily have SM as the common denominator.

It's a results business, not a hype business. Murray needs to 

Kyle Turner back tonight , manager says it will be a big boost, it might be if he lasts more than 4 mins, Paton injured though that's a blow, he did show he is better than most here  first game, 

46 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

when u look at remaining fixtures other than Falkirk, should be achievable

I thought the stuff i smoked was decent.  What gives you the impression this group of absolute charlatans can suddenly win 4 out of 5 games, 3 of which are at home, where we're an absolute sack of sh*t. 

Dumbarton - Comfortably dispatched us early doors.

Falkirk (h) - Smash and grab away from home, i will concede a well defended and executed game plan (for once)

Montrose (a) - Easily one of, if not THE hardest working, fittest teams in the division.  Great manager who plays to his strengths, knows his best team and has proven the last 2/3 years, they are only going one direction.

Forfar (h) - Being at home gives me the fear nowadays, gifting MOST teams points (clyde excluded), proved we can beat them, they look in dire straits, probably our best chance of points.

East Fife (h) - they've added firepower to an already decent front line, guys like austin, wallace, agnew have all been over the course and know the script. I wouldn't trust Murray with a lit cigarette never mind guys like that.

IF we get nothing from tonight's game, I reckon we'll be looking at potentially 3 points from 8 games.  But aye, we should be looking at winning 4 out of 5. wow.

1 hour ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I thought the stuff i smoked was decent.  What gives you the impression this group of absolute charlatans can suddenly win 4 out of 5 games, 3 of which are at home, where we're an absolute sack of sh*t. 

Falkirk (h) - Smash and grab away from home, i will concede a well defended and executed game plan (for once)

Montrose (a) - Easily one of, if not THE hardest working, fittest teams in the division.  Great manager who plays to his strengths, knows his best team and has proven the last 2/3 years, they are only going one direction.

Forfar (h) - Being at home gives me the fear nowadays, gifting MOST teams points (clyde excluded), proved we can beat them, they look in dire straits, probably our best chance of points.

East Fife (h) - they've added firepower to an already decent front line, guys like austin, wallace, agnew have all been over the course and know the script. I wouldn't trust Murray with a lit cigarette never mind guys like that.

IF we get nothing from tonight's game, I reckon we'll be looking at potentially 3 points from 8 games.  But aye, we should be looking at winning 4 out of 5. wow.

Austin is now back at Kelty hearts that's why they've signed Spence on loan 

2 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Well I did say being on medication   I look at the trends during a managers term then there are teams u just beat or who beat u and the laws of averages put that together with 11/1 odds for a 2 0  Airdrie. There is no logic with us and I don't expect we will win 4 out of 5.  I am just saying it is not impossible and I did say more likely to beat Falkirk and loose the rest. 

Still it's only my opinion and we have been very poor still I live in hope ♦️

6 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

A win's a win but I wonder how much easier that might have been if we actually tried to attack before the 78th minute. Hopefully that result gives the boys a bit of confidence because the promotion playoffs are still well within reach if we get our act together.

Aye, play the right boys in the rights positions, and just maybe, 

3 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Aye, play the right boys in the rights positions, and just maybe, 

Not the best game not the best surface first real quality cross cut back from byline and creates a well taken goal. They could have plated all night and not scored.

Almost felt sorry for Murray looked stressed out in the dugout but as u say play players in the right position. Be interesting to see Turner and Paton in midfield together Turner looks a decent player ♦️

9 minutes ago, Passionate said:

It was never going to be pretty,   always thought we were the better side,   First victory since we beat Falkirk seems like a lifetime ago......  

I had not realised that because the season has been all over the place, but I will take that three points with great relief. Took us a while to see we could actually attack.