Moon

The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

25 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

Perhaps should play the " only way is up"  by the plastic population. 

Watching the highlights there to stop me falling asleep with this Scotland game, the defending looks even more awful 2nd time around and lucky we only lost 4 ♦️

More than the manager wrong with our team, the last time I  saw any heart and some passion was Hutton, 

17 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

More than the manager wrong with our team, the last time I  saw any heart and some passion was Hutton, 

Cant disagree there ♦️

2 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

Could do with Hutton and prunty on the park,Both cared about airdrie but Stuart Millar and Ian Murrays ego forced Hutton out by playing an average goalie

Could do with Hutton and prunty on the park,Both cared about airdrie but Stuart Millar and Ian Murrays ego forced Hutton out by playing an average goalie

“Could do with Hutton on the park”

You fancy getting relegated aye?

Eat, sleep, watch AIrdrie fall into the usual Spring doldrums and fail to get out of this league, repeat

On 28/03/2021 at 11:24, Diamonds are Forever said:

Currie is a weird one. He rarely makes obvious handling errors (mainly because he's rooted to his line when crosses come in) but there is a general feeling of chaos in defence that wasn't there last season. The issue I was moaning about of us sitting too deep I'm sure is linked to the goalkeeper. He never comes for any crosses so I think is happy for the defence to drop into the 6 yard box and defend crosses that he should be dealing with. A confident, commanding keeper would be screaming at the defence to push out and clear the way for him claiming anything that comes in. We didn't drop that deep last season with the same defence with Hutton and Gallacher in nets, so you have to look at the goalie.

The way he rushed out for the 1st goal yesterday was also poor, and was very similar to an East Fife goal earlier in the season. He commits too far out his box making it an easy finish for the striker. Unless he'd managed to pull off a Maldini-esque tackle on Tiffoney yesterday he was either getting sent off or conceding a goal. I'm not a goalie but would seem holding your ground, narrowing the angle and making the striker actually beat you is a better option than sliding out like that.

With goalies I think there is a lot of unseen influence and I just get the feeling with Currie that the unseen side of his game - positioning, organisation etc isn't quite there yet. It's the biggest worry of all positions for me because we have no other options.

I recall seeing Colin Cameron doing his nut last season a couple of times about Hutton never coming for a cross.  In defence if Kerr was fit I'd be tempted to have him and Fordyce in the centre

Not quite the lineup I expected not brimming with confidence cant see us not conceding still perhaps we can out score them🙈 

Draw would be decent result ♦️

55 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

Not quite the lineup I expected not brimming with confidence cant see us not conceding still perhaps we can out score them🙈 

Draw would be decent result ♦️

This stream is as bad as the ref.  Out of jail with that miss ♦️

38 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

This stream is as bad as the ref.  Out of jail with that miss ♦️

Not for long more goals to come  

What a lot of dross......wonder what Murray's managerial take on it is.......

Have any of Murray's triple subs ever worked? For me they're normally the sign that the game is done. His subs weren't particularly great last season but having more subs available just seem to cause him problems, he makes a triple sub for no real benefit just because he can.

Just now, Mr November said:

Have any of Murray's triple subs ever worked? For me they're normally the sign that the game is done. His subs weren't particularly great last season but having more subs available just seem to cause him problems, he makes a triple sub for no real benefit just because he can.

There is no game plan other than punt and long throws defence all over place.

May not have expected to much tonight but this is awful ♦️

1 minute ago, Mr November said:

Look at the difference in substitutions in tonight's game. Their's has won them the game. Our's are made purely out of desperation. And with that he's taking off a striker and bringing on a right-back when we're chasing the game 😂 c**t hasn't got a clue. 

Does anyone know if any of our players, other than Thomas Robert, are signed up for next season? I don't think the club announced anything specific last summer so I'm hoping not, though we obviously only found out about Robert midway through the season. 

4 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Does anyone know if any of our players, other than Thomas Robert, are signed up for next season? I don't think the club announced anything specific last summer so I'm hoping not, though we obviously only found out about Robert midway through the season. 

There are a few who have contracts as I watch another non productive long throw ♦️

Edited by Eric the half a b

3 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

There are a few who have contracts as I watch another non productive long throw ♦️

0 out of possible 9 points, relegation looms for this sorry lot, never seen such a hopeless Airdrie team same every week, 

Is this really any surprise. Last year in January we decided we needed more fire power and signed Ryan on loan.

This year we have gone back the way 0 points from 9 but how many attempts on goal during these 3 games.