Jump to content
Moon

The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Aufc said:

Aye thats montrose got cochrane and mochrie on loan both of who are pretty highly rated.

Couldn't get in our midfield..... he's not a centre half 🤪🤪

Edited by Eric the half a b

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aufc said:

Aye thats montrose got cochrane and mochrie on loan both of who are pretty highly rated.

Good bit of business, thought we had a chance after playing them, we will be looking for someone from Egypt or Turkey someone putting themself in shop window 🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Good bit of business, thought we had a chance after playing them, we will be looking for someone from Egypt or Turkey someone putting themself in shop window 🤣🤣

Who will proceed to sit on the bench behind last seasons squad making everyone wonder why they were recruited.

Edited by G_H

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, G_H said:

Who will proceed to sit on the bench behind last seasons squad making everyone wonder why they were recruited.

To be fair, how many times did we look at the bench last year and decry a lack of options? Having a bench that can change a game could be huge. 

Proper competition for places and players that can come in for injuries and suspensions; this is vital and last season we didn't have as good a bench as we might have liked. 

Besides, Ritchie and Robert have never played first team football before. They were never going to hit the ground running, even if we'd had a full pre-season. So we maybe need to give it time. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AndyDD said:

To be fair, how many times did we look at the bench last year and decry a lack of options? Having a bench that can change a game could be huge. 

Proper competition for places and players that can come in for injuries and suspensions; this is vital and last season we didn't have as good a bench as we might have liked. 

Besides, Ritchie and Robert have never played first team football before. They were never going to hit the ground running, even if we'd had a full pre-season. So we maybe need to give it time. 

I'm of the "if they're good enough they're old enough" school of thought. 

If they aren't good enough for the first team then why bring them in? Strength in depth is of limited value if the strength isn't sufficient to win games, and given that It's a short season, time is a luxury that no team can afford if you don't want to be playing in league 1 next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, G_H said:

I'm of the "if they're good enough they're old enough" school of thought. 

If they aren't good enough for the first team then why bring them in? Strength in depth is of limited value if the strength isn't sufficient to win games, and given that It's a short season, time is a luxury that no team can afford if you don't want to be playing in league 1 next season.

Seems a waste of time energy and money if they sign a one year deal and are not good enough to start also why sign a certain type of player when they may not suit your style of play. Would be better to sign 3 or 4 experienced players than 8 or 9 who may not feature to often. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Eric the half a b said:

Couldn't get in our midfield..... he's not a centre half 🤪🤪

😆😆 Not a truer word  spoken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't understand that starting XI at all. Our problem hasn't been playing only one upfront. Our problem has been we've not had enough quality on the ball to create chances that will lead to goals. Yet with the exception of Carrick all of our ostensibly best 'ball players' are on the bench. Where's the final ball coming from in that team? Thomson can't cross, McKay has his uses but isn't a creative type and our best player at taking the ball out from defence into midfield is on the bench (Sabatini). Robert, Stokes and O'Reilly have all barely had a sniff so far. Despite ostensibly being our best/most creative players. Is that because it turns out they're not good enough? Does Murray still not know his best team? Is it something else? It's a team that should still be good enough to win this game but it's hard to get excited about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Murray out. The guys had plenty of time and hasn't a fucking clue.

His tactics are shite, subs are shite, and clearly doesn't rate his own signings by leaving them on the bench. Brings 3 of them on once we are 2 nil down. 

The guy is a clown. We've been in this league long enough and he will keep us here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Aufc said:

How can you justify continuing to play the same team that did f**k all last year

Exactly. Then subbing too late and also taking off the best threat I Connell and leaving on Kerr and McKay. Its a fucking joke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Taking off Connell when we're two goals down is criminal even by Murray's standards. 

Wonder what p**h Murray will come out with?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Murray out. The guys had plenty of time and hasn't a fucking clue.

His tactics are shite, subs are shite, and clearly doesn't rate his own signings by leaving them on the bench. Brings 3 of them on once we are 2 nil down. 

The guy is a clown. We've been in this league long enough and he will keep us here. 

The difference a couple of weeks makes!! I'm with you though, I've never once really questioned Murray at all, giving him a lot of slack in the last few years but that's shocking tactics/selection imo. The subs aswell, absolute amateur hour and like last season it's looking like a tinkerman approach every game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Murray out. The guys had plenty of time and hasn't a fucking clue.

His tactics are shite, subs are shite, and clearly doesn't rate his own signings by leaving them on the bench. Brings 3 of them on once we are 2 nil down. 

The guy is a clown. We've been in this league long enough and he will keep us here. 

Finally, what I have been saying all along  , they played to a game plan, we  didnt have  one, and finally the only one that looked like scoring Murray takes him off , 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Currie

MacDonald Crighton Fordyce McCann

McKay Sabatini

O'Reilly Carrick Robert

Connell

Anything but that lineup next week and I'll be very disappointed

Is it a surprise really?? Same old hard to beat as last year obviously the management team are not learning it will be another difficult league hang on in there till the final third then push on interview ♦️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scunnered with that today. Not one player with pass marks. Dodgy at the back and toothless going forward. As I said at the start of the season I’d take 4th place but if that’s what we are in for we will be lucky to get that. Cove with 3 wins from 3 they’ll end up streets ahead of us.

Big Nat would get a game in that midfield and nice to see Chucky scoring today also.

Should’ve just let the game get called off...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...