The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

15 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

No issue with login in or watching on the phone, streaming on the firestick was very stop start though on both Firefox and silk browser.

Sabatini looks the pick of the bunch in the 4 games, and that's stokes first iffy game also.  Roberts going to be one of these guys who takes longer to adjust to the style of football I think but we'll see when the real action starts.

I thought the camera work was horrendous and as mentioned may have been the sunshine interfering but hopefully this times used to rectify it before the real games. Is there not a kind of "manual override" that someone can actually control it?

Would pay more for better quality, the problem I had, if I tried to touch the screen on phone to follow the ball it went back to recording at start of game. Big shadow on pitch didn't help, maybe have to demolish the stand, 

Didn't have any problems with logging in or accessing the stream (beyond some buffering at kick-off) but the camera work is really shoddy. Hopefully the club or or the streaming software can solve these issues before the real stuff starts. I don't expect perfection or 4k quality picture but I do expect to see all of the action. If the club plan on using it for training and analysis then I'm sure they will want much better quality too . At the end of the day, the club being able to process and collect payments for and providing some form of stream is the most important thing but I don't think I'd pay more than £5 for that sort of quality and I wouldn't expect others to either. The commentary was a good addition though. 

Nice goal from Ally Roy. Hopefully he can take a bit of confidence into the season. 

Not much to add to camera discussion but I had a few FFS in the last 20 minutes when I had no idea where the Queens attack had gone. Praise to the commentator for keeping me in touch. The 4-3-3 looks better than the 3-5-2 2nd half where I thought Carrick and McCann on the left, and McDonald on right were good. So many changes let Queens back into game but they don't look to have improved from last season. It was funny to see their long throws and has Paul had one in the three games? Early days still but the post match curry takeaway was tops. Well done Ally Roy.

I don't think I'd want to pay for that every week though I accept the bright sunshine didn't help and isn't terribly likely to be seen much all season! I'm glad we're not using Pixellot.

The actual process of ordering, and viewing was was fine though. Froze before kick off but was back within 30 secs and held up the rest of the game. Commentator was good, especially considering he had to hold it all himself with no working co-commentator mic.

Imagine paying a seven year old 5000 pounds to video a wedding and his was about the quality that resulted. My main worry is that the streaming is going to be a major source of revenue for the club this season and if things don't improve then the club will lose out big time. I'm sure they must know that, especially after today. If this is as close to the best Pixellot can offer then I cannot see much in the way of uptake in the coming weeks. Today the sunshine did not help but this was partly due to the system's inability to zoom into the areas of shade on the pitch. As for following the action then the club is due it's money back for it certainly does not 'follow the action'!

I had major expectations after adjusting to the fact that spectator football looks likely to be gone for this season. I would hope that the management address the issues this week and give the supporters some good reason to stick with it. It is all the more galling as I think we have the makings of a great team this year so hugely disappointing today.

1 hour ago, Spanish Armada said:

That’s him couldn’t remember his name was told on Thursday he was coming up for a trial 

He seemed an upgrade on Calum Gallagher who has looked disinterested so far,  

So is the much publicised West Ham striker is not happening now I take it........

10 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

A bit of sleuth work says Okera Simmonds is his name

Stoke under 23 team I think, 20 year old, you know the saying, if he is good enough he is old enough, have we signed him? Need time to settle, maybe get another chance to shine on Tues, 

Stoke under 23 team I think, 20 year old, you know the saying, if he is good enough he is old enough, have we signed him? Need time to settle, maybe get another chance to shine on Tues, 

From what I can tell he was on trial with Stoke in January but it looks like he's without a club at the moment

2 hours ago, G_H said:

Doesn't look like he scores many goals going by the stats I can find, but struggling to get the full picture.

Think he scored in a  youth game, why would you bring a young  lad to score goal with stats like his. Think I got boiled ham and West ham mixed up 😜😜