Moon

The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Some of these posts about a. Couple of friendlies. Jeezo. Never surprises me how pessimistic some people can be so quickly. Friendlies are all part of training and fitness, nothing more. If we beat a better team than us 5 nil, I wouldn't see that as a sign that we would win the league, just like losing a couple of goals to Albion Rovers doesn't mean we are in poor shape. Robert has class about him and will prove it, as will Sabatini and Stokes. They all have something about them and our team better will be better as a result. Let's give them the opportunity to show that. 

12 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Some of these posts about a. Couple of friendlies. Jeezo. Never surprises me how pessimistic some people can be so quickly. Friendlies are all part of training and fitness, nothing more. If we beat a better team than us 5 nil, I wouldn't see that as a sign that we would win the league, just like losing a couple of goals to Albion Rovers doesn't mean we are in poor shape. Robert has class about him and will prove it, as will Sabatini and Stokes. They all have something about them and our team better will be better as a result. Let's give them the opportunity to show that. 

Awe, thanks for that I was getting a bit concerned,mind you that will work the other way with ally Roy, that will no make him Pele scoring 2 goals, 

21 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

It usually seems to work the other way.  We look good in pre-season and early cup comp but then start getting our arse handed to us when league business commences.

14 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

Awe, thanks for that I was getting a bit concerned,mind you that will work the other way with ally Roy, that will no make him Pele scoring 2 goals, 

Aw sorry, did I hit a wee nerve there? A player who was out of form scoring two goals will provide a much needed confidence boost. But if youd rather argue the case that he won't be any good then batter on. 

I'm hoping he steps up and challenges for a starting place as he's young, quick and has potential to keep improving. 

12 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Maybe, but it still serves purpose to use these games to get the squad match fit so I think it's more likely to be the cup games before we see that. Just my thoughts though. 

I think the last cup game should be more or less what Murray thinks would be the strongest 11.

Sabatini and stokes have done themselves absolutely no harm in being first 11 contenders so far.

There's something satisfying about someone like Eoghan being picked up from another countries league and then looking like he could do some damage. I'll be honest I thought he was signed as a "versatile squad player" bit he's looking the part. Another one like that up front please.

And fwiw I couldn't give 2 f*cks what the friendly scores are or the Betfred, as long as we kick off the league with a win!

1 hour ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Aw sorry, did I hit a wee nerve there? A player who was out of form scoring two goals will provide a much needed confidence boost. But if youd rather argue the case that he won't be any good then batter on. 

I'm hoping he steps up and challenges for a starting place as he's young, quick and has potential to keep improving. 

No a nerve, a panic button if young Roy  I think he is  23  is our best player for goal getting, then we are in trouble, noticed his old club signed Declan Glass, now that's a player, only my opinion, 

2 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I think the last cup game should be more or less what Murray thinks would be the strongest 11.

Yeah I think that was the case last year too. Looking at the lineups for the four cup games last year the defence was fairly settled (though I think Fordyce, Crighton, Kerr and Eckersley were the only fit defenders) but Murray seemed to change up the midfield and attack each game. The same team started the final cup game against Hamilton and the opening league game against Forfar, although obviously we were dreadful that day and the team got changed every week after that. 

Hopefully Murray has a better idea of what his best team is this year, as until I looked it up there I had completely forgotten that we started with James Cowan in midfield (remember him?) and Gallagher playing on the wing.

Anybody got a link to where I can sign up to watch the Airdrie v Queen of the South friendly this Saturday? A bargain at £5!

1 hour ago, JessieField said:

Anybody got a link to where I can sign up to watch the Airdrie v Queen of the South friendly this Saturday? A bargain at £5!

Where does it say that it's £5? Not seen or heard anything about this game yet. Think the £5 was for the Tuesday game testing the system with no commentary. Imagine it may cost more for tomorrows stream, but hope Im wrong. 

Don't sign up until it's announced on the official channels, there's work being done on the system just now and any payments made before the announcement may not register.

42 minutes ago, el Gringo said:

Don't sign up until it's announced on the official channels, there's work being done on the system just now and any payments made before the announcement may not register.

OK thanks, if you can put link on here when possible that would be great thanks, 

3 hours ago, el Gringo said:

Thanks and I suppose I can wait for the time "when Saturday comes" 

out of interest, any particular video codec that we should have installed for best performance?

1 hour ago, 2lgm said:

Any idea how much they’re charging for the stream tomorrow?

£5 mate, think all the friendlies will be the same.

Looking forward to tomorrow