The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Was Charlie Reilly no the boy that got absolutely snapped up at Raith rovers away in that mental game, tail end of last season? If so, he never made much of an impact at all.

It is him. And no he didn't really, handful of substitute appearances without doing much but still just a young lad to be fair to him.

I think he only started twice, at home to Raith and Stranraer, but he struggled to make an impact in those games and was subbed early both times. As others have said, a handful of other sub appearances after that before Iain Davidson tried to kill him. 

He certainly wasn’t a bad player, just really struggled to make an impact. I think it seems worse due to Leon McCann coming in from Hamilton at the same time and quickly becoming one of our best players.

23 minutes ago, Mr November said:

He certainly wasn’t a bad player

I only really recall him running around like a headless chicken then getting injured. Didn't have anything going for him other than having an appropriate fitness level to play.

First off, feed was perfectly adequate for me; ran it over laptop with HDMI connection to the telly. Nice to see the really boring voiced priest from Father Ted has a relative in the employ of Kelty Hearts, too. 

About what you'd expect from a first game back; loose passing, some dodgy control, a bit of hesitance and general rustiness. 

I also found myself getting illogically annoyed at the amount of times our players tripped over the ball. 

Looked like exactly what you want from a pre season; a good workout for a lot of the squad, gametime spread about, nobody seemed to get any injuries or pull up, Robert and Sabatini in particular showing signs of early promise. 

Hopefully see some more progression over the next three games. Hopefully see the next three games, literally.  

3 hours ago, G_H said:

I only really recall him running around like a headless chicken then getting injured. Didn't have anything going for him other than having an appropriate fitness level to play.

Yeah that's fair enough based on what we saw, he never did anything noticeably bad which is an improvement on other players we've had in the past few years but perhaps that's because he never did anything noticeable at all. 

2 hours ago, Mr November said:

Yeah that's fair enough based on what we saw, he never did anything noticeably bad which is an improvement on other players we've had in the past few years but perhaps that's because he never did anything noticeable at all. 

All I remember is the bad injury at Raith: and his number was 32?  

7 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Are you using Chrome? I got the same thing so emailed the club about it earlier, hopefully it gets sorted soon. Seems to work fine on other browsers for me though.

Did start with chrome, unfortunately no luck on edge, firefox or opera either. Nae luck for me I guess!

Possibly just busy?

Edit: Issue was the various ad-blockers I have installed, in case anyone else gets stuck

Edited by G_H

2 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Is that Ritchie playing right back with 31 on his back instead of 13?

I think so yeah but as you say, hard to tell exactly who each player is! Looks like Kerr's playing in midfield again which is interesting. 

Team seems to be this setup:

Hutton
Ritchie Crighton Mbayo McCann
McKay Kerr
O'Reilly Stokes Robert
Carrick