Moon

The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

2 hours ago, Diamond72 said:

I'm fairly optomistic looking at the signings but like everyone else I think that we need to add to the forward line. Imagine if we had Goodwillie in the starting line up this season, I don't think our odds would be sitting at 14/1...... it's pretty obvious to most folks.

15 more goals 200 less fans. 

I should have added that bringing in a goal scorer like Goddwillie is not totally about the number of goals they will bring per season. We need guys who can turn 1-1 draws into wins with a bit of quality in the forward line. I feel that this is what has made the difference for title winners in the past eg. Bobby Linn (Arbroath).

7 hours ago, Ballboy said:

15 more goals 200 less fans. 

Would have him in starting line up every week, got to look forward  not  backwards, different class to what we have, if it's giving us a win on  a sat that will do me, 

On 14/09/2020 at 21:04, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Has anyone on here heard back since applying for a season ticket?

22 hours ago, Mr November said:

I applied straight away too and still haven’t heard anything either. I wonder if they’re working backwards but if I’ve not heard by the end of the week I might just apply again.

I hadn't heard anything either but got a phone call and email tonight so hopefully you'll both hear soon as well. 

I hadn't heard anything either but got a phone call and email tonight so hopefully you'll both hear soon as well. 

Maybe it's nothing then. They'll probably be pissed off with me reapplying several times - thought maybe I'd put my old phone number on the application

18 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Maybe it's nothing then. They'll probably be pissed off with me reapplying several times - thought maybe I'd put my old phone number on the application

I got a phone call today too so you must be next in line at this rate.

1 hour ago, Mr November said:

I got a phone call today too so you must be next in line at this rate.

They have taken my money so I suppose the postman will deliver .

On 14/09/2020 at 14:37, AJ77 said:

Yeah i think that's probably our strongest starting 11 on paper thus far, i've also heard the boy stokes has been the stand out in training, sabatini not so much.

Out of interest, what have you heard so far about Sabatini? Just curious as you don't sound keen from what you've heard. 

1 hour ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Out of interest, what have you heard so far about Sabatini? Just curious as you don't sound keen from what you've heard. 

Would be great if someone "in the know" could give us some update on new players, the hearts lad and the rest of them, 

59 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Would be great if someone "in the know" could give us some update on new players, the hearts lad and the rest of them, 

Hopefully we shall see for ourselves on Saturday. I am quietly confident. 

1 hour ago, Jack Reed said:

They only come around when there's about to be a new signing...possibly from wEsT HaM...

We're more than halfway through the month now with a friendly in a few days, is it safe to assume that this wEsT HaM loan deal is dead?

4 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Just heard about the new signings in training, stokes and robert look very good. Sabatini hasn't looked so good so far, but will reserve judgement until he gets a few games under his belt.

2 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

Only heard about the 3 i've stated in the above post i'm afraid. No idea how currie, ritchie, mbayo or o'riley are doing.

Really looking foward to seeing o'riley play last season think murray rates him highly and would've played a lot of games last season if it wasn't for his injury.

11 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

Just heard about the new signings in training, stokes and robert look very good. Sabatini hasn't looked so good so far, but will reserve judgement until he gets a few games under his belt.

Cool, was asking as I'd heard he was looking good too, as well as Robert & Stokes. Heard he's very mobile, quick feet and wants to contribute defensively as well as going forward so fingers crossed they all impress. Heard O'Reilly also looking very good. Think he will be challenging for a starting place so interesting times ahead! 

52 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Cool, was asking as I'd heard he was looking good too, as well as Robert & Stokes. Heard he's very mobile, quick feet and wants to contribute defensively as well as going forward so fingers crossed they all impress. Heard O'Reilly also looking very good. Think he will be challenging for a starting place so interesting times ahead! 

Yeah very interesting, still hoping we can get another striker in before the league starts, west ham rumour has went quiet.

Thought O'Reilly looked really good from the few glimpses we got of him last season. With a lot of players challenging for attacking midfield and wide positions you do wonder how much game time Thomson will be able to get this season now that he's competing with Robert, Stokes and O'Reilly as well as Carrick and Roy.

Turns out this actually was the issue and I put my old number on the application because I'm a massive tube. All sorted and paid for now, cheers for the replies.

2 hours ago, G_H said:

We're more than halfway through the month now with a friendly in a few days, is it safe to assume that this wEsT HaM loan deal is dead?

West Ham haven't started sending players out on loan yet. The youth squad have been working with the first team throughout pre-season with a number of them involved in friendlies and last nights cup tie.

Last I heard the deal is still going ahead.

Edited by Tory Boy

If the West Ham thing doesn’t pull through will be interesting to see if we pull in any Scottish loans . Had a player from hibs with Murray’s connections there the last two seasons.

Not sure if we are or not allowed to make 5 subs this season ? If so the strength off the bench is even more important this year