The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

20 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

Wages that Kelty pay and players they sign would suggest they could give us some money, 

I am sure we would always be grateful of more funds, but I have no idea what wages either club pays. To my shame I have not been keeping track of who they have signed. Ours look quite good but we'll see ( soon I hope) Take care

2 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Another goalie signed 

Unless he’s very good I’ll be surprised if he plays at all but I think that’s alluded too in Sturt Millar’s comments. I’m still not sure whether signing five or six young players who will barely play is sensible compared to signing one or two first team players, especially in a shortened season, but we’ll just need to wait and see how things go.

4 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

I suspect we might manage that...

Watched the highlights and it looked as if Tynecastle had decided not to defend.  Funny to hear their coach wanting to know "what was happening there" as they lost another goal. I was trying to recognise a few of the Kelty players but it might need a few viewings. You'd have to hope Fordyce/Crighton etc would be up for a game.

13 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

My guess would be

Currie

MacDonald Crighton Fordyce McCann

McKay Sabatini

Stokes Carrick Robert

Gallagher

Can't argue with that.

Apparently the boys stokes looks quality in training. Heard more about him than I have Sabatini and Robert.

15 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

My guess would be

Currie

McKay Sabatini

Stokes Carrick Robert

Gallagher

Still think Hutton will get the gloves, his shirt number is 1 for a reason,  he did have a dip in form at the tUrn of the year, East fife away and at Tynecastle.     ,,  Currie is highly rated although he let in a barrowload last season when he played for the bottom team ...   

A little concerned about Carrick and Gallagher,   can Carrick get 10 to 15 goals again this season and can Gallagher try and stay onside long enough to get amongst the goals,   hopefully a striker from a struggling English Premiership side will come in and bolster the ranks....

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

Still think Hutton will get the gloves, his shirt number is 1 for a reason,  he did have a dip in form at the tUrn of the year, East fife away and at Tynecastle.     ,,  Currie is highly rated although he let in a barrowload last season when he played for the bottom team ...   

A little concerned about Carrick and Gallagher,   can Carrick get 10 to 15 goals again this season and can Gallagher try and stay onside long enough to get amongst the goals,   hopefully a striker from a struggling English Premiership side will come in and bolster the ranks....

Spot on, If we are to compete for league we need a couple of goal scorers, plenty cover for keeper's so hopefully same with strikers, 

16 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

My guess would be

Currie

McKay Sabatini

Stokes Carrick Robert

Gallagher

Yeah i think that's probably our strongest starting 11 on paper thus far, i've also heard the boy stokes has been the stand out in training, sabatini not so much.

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

The way West Ham are going we might be needing him to stay and play in the first team. 🙈

Spot on, If we are to compete for league we need a couple of goal scorers, plenty cover for keeper's so hopefully same with strikers, 

Agree with the striker situation wonder how much we couldn’t afford chucky by. Would’ve been a lot more confident with him in the squad. Having said that have trust in Murray’s and miller’s decision making and maybe the idea is to spread the goals throughout the teams with various attacking mids at our disposal

52 minutes ago, Diamond10 said:

Agree with the striker situation wonder how much we couldn’t afford chucky by. Would’ve been a lot more confident with him in the squad. Having said that have trust in Murray’s and miller’s decision making and maybe the idea is to spread the goals throughout the teams with various attacking mids at our disposal

Stirling maybe offered him the same as us, or even slightly lower. But part time. Which would obviously work out as a better income ontop of his ‘normal’ job. 

1 hour ago, Diamond10 said:

Would have been happier if we still  had Cameron, he seemed to give us a lift last season, and it is a good thing if goals are spread around, at the moment I can't see us scoring a lot. Most new boys of unknown quality just hope our scouting pays off, will find out on Saturday, shut down supply to Austin is a must,