Moon

The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

14 hours ago, Diamond10 said:

Any news on a new assistant thought that would be a priority? Unless prunts is involved in the coaching more now

Would make sense prunty @Crighton save a wage, 

18 hours ago, Diamond10 said:

Any news on a new assistant thought that would be a priority? Unless prunts is involved in the coaching more now

Would think it would be a priority now,   I think for all games you need a minimum to 2  B Licensed coaches at all times in the bench,  remember the Willie Atchison situation when basically he got the gig because he had a coaching badge to help out Fitzpatrick back in the dark days..    I am sure all is in hand though.......

Don’t think there’ll be an assistant to be honest, murray has prunts and james grant behind him. Heard there’s a possibility of millar helping out in training as well now, just to save spending a wage on someone coming in.

How are the Diamonds going to cope financially without paying spectators? Will the club be televising games?

I hate to be a misery, but I think there will be a new lockdown soon, and I doubt things will return to normal until at least March.

1 hour ago, Ralstonite said:

How are the Diamonds going to cope financially without paying spectators? Will the club be televising games?

I hate to be a misery, but I think there will be a new lockdown soon, and I doubt things will return to normal until at least March.

That is a good question. I emailed the club about it sometime ago and did not get a reply. I sent a reminder and still no reply. I appreciate that there may be some complications to work through but I would have appreciated an acknowledgement but I am not surprised given the club’s track record on communication.

From a statement from the 22nd of July:

"The club also has an agreement to implement the new Pixellot technology system at the stadium for the start of the new season. This will also allow the club to broadcast live matches next season to subscribers in the event that crowd restrictions remain in place or to those fans who feel uncomfortable in social spaces with other people due to issues related to COVID-19. The new system will also provide professional coaching solutions to Ian Murray and his staff as well as teams in the local community who will use our facility in future."

Unfortunately there has been no further news on this since then so how close it is to being ready is completely unknown to everyone without insider knowledge, but I would hope the plans remain in place and that we'll updated shortly.

11 hours ago, Ralstonite said:

I think all teams not just Airdrie are going to have a lack of income,  The club are going to be streaming the games, hopefully this will involve online programmes and 50\50 draws etc,   that appears to be the default position, could work as long as 'fan's 'buy into it and obey the streaming rules.....

I don't want to be a misery either but I dont think there will be a lockdown again, and I don't think things will be over by March either,  we have to learn to live with this virus long term....

12 hours ago, waysider said:

That is a good question. I emailed the club about it sometime ago and did not get a reply. I sent a reminder and still no reply. I appreciate that there may be some complications to work through but I would have appreciated an acknowledgement but I am not surprised given the club’s track record on communication.

As someone else posted, the club did provide a communication about this in July. Given season ticket details only recently came out, I'd expect an update regarding PPV options to follow prior to the start of the season. It will happen although not sure of the price but I'd imagine there'll be a reasonable demand for it. 

IMG_2280.thumb.jpg.05723135f22460ffdfd6ccb033b18b27.jpg

Don’t know how everyone else is feeling but I’d take those league positions and 4th place right now . Tougher league than ever this year imo.

Don’t know how everyone else is feeling but I’d take those league positions and 4th place right now . Tougher league than ever this year imo.

4th place is the bare minimum, we've got largely the same squad as last season and finishing outside the top 4 never felt like much of a danger last season. Fair enough it might be tougher this season, but I would be disappointed and surprised if we don't get at least a playoff this season. Think we're great value at 14/1.

2 hours ago, Diamond10 said:

Cove in front of us, no way, would not be happy settling for 4th, 

2 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

4th place is the bare minimum, we've got largely the same squad as last season and finishing outside the top 4 never felt like much of a danger last season. Fair enough it might be tougher this season, but I would be disappointed and surprised if we don't get at least a playoff this season. Think we're great value at 14/1.

We need a goal scorer thought that would have been addressed by now, 

2 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

We need a goal scorer thought that would have been addressed by now, 

Don’t think it’s been mentioned this week on here. So I will do the honours. Striker from West Ham is coming up 😂

4 hours ago, Stevo1968 said:

Would like the manager to give an interview of how it’s all going feel like that interaction with the fans is what’s missing!

I'm assuming they were in the advertiser too but there's a couple of short interviews with him about friendlies and next season here, nothing too exciting though.

1 hour ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

Don’t think it’s been mentioned this week on here. So I will do the honours. Striker from West Ham is coming up 😂

Just made my weekend 😅😅