Moon

The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

19 minutes ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

Jack McKay (Paul’s bro)? Sure he was on loan from us from Leeds in the Wotherspoon era!

Was just about to say hope it's not him! No offence to the boy but he's no very good. 

1 hour ago, Uniform11 said:

Do folk actually believe this Redknapp nonsense?

While I'm not in the know or anything like that, I would have to assume guys like Thomas Robert and Griffin Sabatini, even if they turn out to be rotten, aren't going to sign for Airdrie of their own volition. Whether it's the Redknapp/McKay connection or something else (though I'm inclined to believe it is the former given the club have confirmed it) there's obviously something pulling them here. 

23 minutes ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

Jack McKay (Paul’s bro)? Sure he was on loan from us from Leeds in the Wotherspoon era!

If I am right and it is him then goals will be in short supply. 15 games and one goal but it might have been a last minute winner/or a draw, so I will grovel if he improves. 

2 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Well both Harry Redknapp and the club confirmed that talks took place so there isn't really anything to debate there. My understanding is that the club are using Redknapp's connections to sign players from abroad that we ordinarily would know very little about, but he isn't putting any of his own money into the club.

I think it is more the McKays who are involved with Redknapp possibly more of a PR role ,   The West Ham laddies have been strongky touted for a while, although the ITK  on here have been quiet recently,   

Don't have the best track record from the League of Ireland - such luminaries as Joe Gorman, James Daly and Ally Roy come to mind - but there are decent players at that level and he could be a find. Bit concerned he won't have played in essentially a year by the time the season comes round but hopefully he'll develop into a handy player. Good to get another forward in anyway. 

Club Season League National Cup League Cup Europe Other Total
Division Apps Goals Apps Goals Apps Goals Apps Goals Apps Goals Apps Goals
Leeds United EFL Championship 2017–18 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0
Bohemians League of Ireland Premier Division 2018 31 5 4 2 2 1 2 0 39 8
Derry City 2019 20 3 1 1 21 4
Cork City 2019 11 0 2 0 13 0
Career Total 62 8 6 2 4 2 0 0 0 0 74 12

Seems to be with the same agency as Griffin Sabatini so I guess that makes some sense. He doesn't seem to have played anywhere since 2019 and doesn't have a particularly great scoring record, though looking at that video he seems like more of a wide player/attacking midfielder than an out and out striker. We definitely needed another forward player though so good to get one in. 

As I said on twitter.

If you get the boy that signed for bohs its a good signing.

If you get the guy who was at Derry it's a bit of a meh signing.

If you get the guy who was at cork it's an absolute waste of money as he was murder.

Hasn't played for a year and not surprising with how bad he was haha.

1 hour ago, sirscottyoung said:

As I said on twitter.

If you get the boy that signed for bohs its a good signing.

If you get the guy who was at Derry it's a bit of a meh signing.

If you get the guy who was at cork it's an absolute waste of money as he was murder.

Hasn't played for a year and not surprising with how bad he was haha.

OK BoB.

2 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Don't have the best track record from the League of Ireland - such luminaries as Joe Gorman, James Daly and Ally Roy come to mind - but there are decent players at that level and he could be a find. Bit concerned he won't have played in essentially a year by the time the season comes round but hopefully he'll develop into a handy player. Good to get another forward in anyway. 

Time will tell with all these signings but at least we appear to have a substantially balanced squad.

8 hours ago, Uniform11 said:

Do folk actually believe this Redknapp nonsense?

Nah it’s bullshit lit your account away somewhere else and try to spout nonsense to make the club look bad 👀

3 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Time will tell with all these signings but at least we appear to have a substantially balanced squad.

So is that the striker not coming from West Ham now,  the last it was spouted on here it was a done deal,....

Can anyone confirm

7 hours ago, Passionate said:

So is that the striker not coming from West Ham now,  the last it was spouted on here it was a done deal,....

Can anyone confirm

Still happening I believe. And another solid addition it will be too. 

8 hours ago, Passionate said:

Can anyone confirm

Yeah but as I said a few weeks ago he won't be signed until September.

From what I've managed to learn of Eoghan Stokes he seems to be more of a 10 (or maybe even a winger) than a 9 so another striker would still be a welcome addition. In attacking roles that would likely play in a "front 4" in a 4231 we now have Gallagher, Carrick, Roy, Thomson, Robert, O'Reilly and Stokes (not including the reserves kept on). Not exactly short of options but it will be interesting to see who plays and where.

54 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Still happening I believe. And another solid addition it will be too. 

Ray Grant is a name being thrown about.

Ray Grant is a name being thrown about.

I mentioned him on here when he was released by Clyde a few weeks ago. I think he'd be a solid addition and I can believe that Millar would be interested but I haven't really seen any rumours linking him to us. That said though, there was talk a while ago of us signing a midfielder who can also play left back, I suppose that could be Grant?