The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Bit surprised to see Dean Hawkshaw return to Glenafton Athletic as I thought he'd maybe end up another League One club. Didn't work out as hoped here but he showed glimpses of real talent and I had high hopes for him at one point. Wouldn't be surprised to see him back at this level at some point in the future.

13 hours ago, G_H said:

Time for some baseless speculation based on West Ham's squads then.

I'm going to assume it won't be anyone from their first team squad, as astonishing as it would be to beat Celtic to Ajeti.

Here are my best guesses

Forwards

https://www.whufc.com/teams/development-squad/squad/oladapo-afolayan

Mid/LB

https://www.whufc.com/teams/development-squad/squad/bernardo-rosa

Sorry maybe I haven't worded it well but as far as I'm aware it's only the forward coming on loan from West Ham .

On 07/08/2020 at 16:20, Tory Boy said:

CB Diamond won't like the ITK patter but we have 2 more players to come in. 

The previously mentioned forward from West Ham. He's apparently big and fast. He'll be at the club in September. 

The other player is a left sided midfielder who can also play at full back. 

Pleased about bringing in another striker. 

Don't think we need a left-sided midfielder though. Moore, O'Reilly, Robert, Thomson, Carrick and even Gallagher and Roy can and have all played out wide. Would much rather see another central player come in. 

13 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

If the third kit is the same design as the home and away what colours would people like to see? I'd quite like sky blue with a navy diamond.

I'd actually go with a reversal of those colours, or the perhaps too obvious reversal of the home kit, red with a white diamond. 

I see Leighton McIntosh has signed for Cove. 

13 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

If the third kit is the same design as the home and away what colours would people like to see? I'd quite like sky blue with a navy diamond.

21 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

I'd actually go with a reversal of those colours, or the perhaps too obvious reversal of the home kit, red with a white diamond. 

I see Leighton McIntosh has signed for Cove. 

As much as I’d love either of these options, I think the 3rd kit will just be a standard template for emergency use only. 

15 minutes ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

As much as I’d love either of these options, I think the 3rd kit will just be a standard template for emergency use only. 

Probably right enough, aye. Let's just hope if we do ever need it we fare better than we did in the 3rd kit last season; a 3-1 defeat and a 2-2 draw that felt like a defeat. 

10 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Probably right enough, aye. Let's just hope if we do ever need it we fare better than we did in the 3rd kit last season; a 3-1 defeat and a 2-2 draw that felt like a defeat. 

I’m sure we wore it away to Thistle too and lost! Wonder if the new one will still be on of those 3 templates that SM showed on FB. If so, then I hope it’s the red one!

15 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

I believe so. Hopefully by the time these games are played we'll be allowed to visit said plastic pitches.

I'd love it, but I don't anticipate away fans being allowed as early as that. Might not even have home fans by that point, but if we do, you'd imagine that spreading the home fans around the ground means no space for an away support. Home fans (especially season ticket holders) should be priority 1 for the return of supporters in fairness. 

5 hours ago, AndyDD said:

Could have a shout at progression with that group. Is that a full complement of plastic pitches, as well? 

It's all up for grabs indeed but you would have to think Livingston would edge it if they treat it seriously. I wonder if the whole idea is maybe a bit chancy and as last season it's the League that matters. Hard to say much more but let's hope Stenny are not the bogy lot again. 

1 hour ago, Roger Thornhill said:

Leighton McIntosh signs for Cove Rangers. The grass wasn't any greener down south. Anyway, he didn't want to play for us when he had the chance to, so no loss to the club.

He'll do ok for Cove IMO. he was a decent scorer at this level without being anything fantastic, and nothing will really spring to mind in 15 years time when someone mentions his name. This is about his level IMO.