Moon

The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

3 hours ago, DiamondDownSouth said:

The one game I recall seeing Vinnie Moore, in the mid-eighties, he was absolutely outstanding and won the game for us.  It was a 1-0 win against Dumbarton who, iirc, had a very young Owen Coyle playing for them in midfield.  Moore was giving the Dumbarton full back hell but was being kicked out of the game until the ref booked his oppo.  Moore was then free to run at him again and he set up the winning goal by skinning him and then delivering an absolute peach of a cross which was headed home.

I remember a missed penalty in a televised game against Clyde (i think) at Broomfield where he skied it over the bar. Not much else tbh

5 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Seems that way. Seen some suggestions of Queen's Park but I wouldn't be surprised if we've been in contact given that we really need to bring in a few midfielders and he falls into the age bracket of players we tend to sign.

Joining his brother at Queens Park mate.

6 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Ray Grant released by Clyde. Can't recall any of his performances against us but he's young, plays a position we need to fill and I've heard only good things about him.

Although as stated elsewhere he is going to queens,    we are still in need of experienced midfield players that know this league,  This is potentially a brave new dawn with the link up with HR and the McKays. ....  A !it of hype and good feeling abound at the moment,  my main concern is are we going to be getting 17 year old youth players from West Ham to fire us out this league or more experienced campaigners.  The players signed so far are unproven and could all be potential stars although 2 appear to be back ups...  Interesting times , looking forward to the huge developments at the club by a clearly in the know Gordon Parks.

6 hours ago, AB1974 said:

I remember a missed penalty in a televised game against Clyde (i think) at Broomfield where he skied it over the bar. Not much else tbh

Me too, the 'tiser later reported of the mass panic that took place in the Bus Station over a flying spherical projectile descending from on high.

21 hours ago, Ayr Diamond said:

He was a smashing player, but struggled with injuries.

And do you remember what positions Martin Hughes played in?

Edited by JmSG

17 minutes ago, JmSG said:

And do you remember what positions Martin Hughes played in?

Your contributions to this thread are, to be blunt, a bit bizarre! You're like the wee question master from the Holy Grail. "What's the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow"?

Edited by cb_diamond

1 minute ago, Morrisey222 said:

I have inside scoop on latest Airdrie news...imminingnent arrival coming from QUEENS PARK. Thats all I can say right now.

You'll fit in well here with wanky "in the know" breaking news, it seems to be the fashion at the moment.

6 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

You'll fit in well here with wanky "in the know" breaking news, it seems to be the fashion at the moment.

Erm. Ok. 

12 minutes ago, Morrisey222 said:

I have inside scoop on latest Airdrie news...imminingnent arrival coming from QUEENS PARK. Thats all I can say right now.

You were in the East Fife thread saying they were going to sign Marc McNulty, weren't you?

That's plenty. Off ye f**k. 

12 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

You were in the East Fife thread saying they were going to sign Marc McNulty, weren't you?

That's plenty. Off ye f**k. 

You just watch this space. 

Edited by Morrisey222
capital Y for 'you'

27 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Your contributions to this thread are, to be blunt, a bit bizarre! You're like the wee question master from the Holy Grail. "What's the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow"?

As far as I know I am not asking any kind of strange questions, I am just asking about the positions in which some old Scottish players played,

1 hour ago, JmSG said:

As far as I know I am not asking any kind of strange questions, I am just asking about the positions in which some old Scottish players played,

It's part in the way you ask them "and which of you airdrie fans remember Tam McGillicutty, who I believe signed from Rob Roy Kirkintilloch as an outside left half", also partly to do with the utter randomness of some of the players. Sammy Conn, fair enough. Vinnie Moore? No Airdrie fan with half a brain has had a thought about him in nearly twenty years. Like I say, bizarre stuff.

Edited by cb_diamond

1 hour ago, Morrisey222 said:

Erm. Ok. 

To further clarify, posters like yourself who hear the faintest whiff of news and stampede off to post it online, especially with BITS IN BOLD are like the 2020, fully grown equivalent of that wee boy in Primary 5 who used to sit with his hand up, squirming in his seat to tell on someone to the teacher. So aye, off you jog.

1 hour ago, Morrisey222 said:

What position?

1 minute ago, Morrisey222 said:

Left wing.

*Hint* DG. 

David galt is under contract at queens park, not happening.