Moon

The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

23 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Hats off Spanish Armada you  called it right,    can you look into your Crystal ball and see any experienced half backs heading our way soon........

Felicen singbo is next along with Tom Parratt

Edited by Spanish Armada

Good to see more signings recently but October is a long way off for most of us.  Saw the lengthy post on official website and they are certainly bigging it up, so lets hope its more Jerome Vareille than the Sissoko guy who scored and vanished in one day? 

1 hour ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Good to see more signings recently but October is a long way off for most of us.  Saw the lengthy post on official website and they are certainly bigging it up, so lets hope its more Jerome Vareille than the Sissoko guy who scored and vanished in one day? 

Who are the 2 cha ps either side of young Thomas in the picture on the website...

1 minute ago, Passionate said:

Who are the 2 cha ps either side of young Thomas in the picture on the website...

Scotty Russell & Martin Ferguson

3 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Someone might beat me to it but Martin Ferguson on right? Other guy no idea. Website took awhile to load

3 minutes ago, Tory Boy said:

Scotty Russell & Martin Ferguson

You did get in first! I have emailed Scott but had no idea of what he looked like. Never in boardroom in 60 years supporting.

8 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

You did get in first! I have emailed Scott but had no idea of what he looked like. Never in boardroom in 60 years supporting.

lol

Scott has always followed Airdrie. I know him from getting buses to games, going back 20+years. 

No pressure on the kid already looks like a good signing tho and worth a risk over the usual merry go round of players imo . Fair play to the player as well for taking a chance with us playing rather than sitting in a reserve/ youth squad for I’d imagine a fair lot more money. Hope it works out for us and him. Squad already taking shape...

3 hours ago, Spanish Armada said:

Felicen singbo is next along with Tom Parratt

Halcyon days when they graced the diamond,   

When did sissoko play for us ? Genuinely no recollection of him.

Also aimee koudou might have been french or at least played there

Late 90s (98 I think). Came off the bench in his one game as a trialist v St Mirren and scored... never to be seen again.

3 hours ago, Airdrie76 said:

Late 90s (98 I think). Came off the bench in his one game as a trialist v St Mirren and scored... never to be seen again.

Was put up in the Tudor and just disappeared 

21 minutes ago, Spanish Armada said:

Was put up in the Tudor and just disappeared 

That's because once you stay at the Tudor you never want to leave.

42 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Koudou was Ivorian I'm sure

Ivorian he was.

Always remember he played in that Scottish cup game against Motherwell. That game was the very day of my Mrs 21st birthday. Imagine her surprise when she got took to the stadium before we went out 😂. If I remember right my words were...  "You've got a birthday every year, this derby doesn't happen every year!"

And I was right.

3 hours ago, stuartcraig said:

That's because once you stay at the Tudor you never want to leave.

Maybe hes still there?

23 hours ago, Tory Boy said:

lol

Scott has always followed Airdrie. I know him from getting buses to games, going back 20+years. 

Good to know he is a fan. I have been rarely on a bus( football) in last 20 years except for that double decker "adventure" to Tynecastle in January and some Tartan Army games at Hampden. I like my playlists tho my fellow travellers don't always agree! 

31 minutes ago, Ayr Diamond said:

New signing to be announced tomorrow.

31 minutes ago, Ayr Diamond said:

New signing to be announced tomorrow.

Who?