The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

4 hours ago, AndyDD said:

Regards the colts debacle, I've sent Airdrie an email outlining my opposition to this and emphasising it in the strongest possible terms (no season ticket, withdraw club 1924 membership, no attendance as long as they are in there etc etc) and have asked them to confirm if they plan to make any sort of a statement on this or any of the other recon plans that have been floated.

I expect no reply to be forthcoming, but one never knows for sure. 

I agree with your views on the Colts etc and I will email as well but I don't think I would go as far as yourself-It took me weeks to get registered for Club 24 ! I suspect our views would be acknowledged and they might weigh such a loss up against the alleged financial inducements. 

On 05/06/2020 at 08:43, mo83 said:

Scott Gallacher away to Arbroath seemingly 

I saw that. That's a good move for him. Best of luck to the guy. Did us a turn when he came into the side last season but hard to say his time with us was anything apart from blighted by injury. 

Really liked both home and away kits last season (3rd kit not so much) so be good to see what Umbro have come up with.

Still unclear when we'll see the players wearing them on in a game, though. Anyone think we're back playing before 2021? first division looking at October but hard to see the entirety of Leagues 1 and 2 being able to do the same . 

16 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Hopefully have the actual kits out soon as well. 

This post has helpfully reminded me why I now stay away from twitter (not the original tweet - instead, the tedious wanks in the replies).

1 hour ago, stuartcraig said:

This post has helpfully reminded me why I now stay away from twitter (not the original tweet - instead, the tedious wanks in the replies).

ClYdEBaNk and yOuR ClUB dIeD must be the oldest and most unoriginal patter ever. 

32 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

ClYdEBaNk and yOuR ClUB dIeD must be the oldest and most unoriginal patter ever. 

Gawd bless 'em - in their imagination they've just dropped some hilariously sick burn and there is a conga line of awed readers just dying to virtual high-five them.  They are more deserving of pity than contempt.

2 hours ago, stuartcraig said:

It’s a tweet about Airdrie announcing a kit deal, and a Celtic fan still managed to talk about Rangers from it 🙈🙈🙈

10 minutes ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

It’s a tweet about Airdrie announcing a kit deal, and a Celtic fan still managed to talk about Rangers from it 🙈🙈🙈

Celtic fans do seem to have the greatest capacity for dragging any conversation back to their team's concerns.

46 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Would think most of our young/reserve players will be off. Can't imagine it will be cost effective to run a reserve squad 'next season' no matter what they're paid. 

I  would imagine the club would save a substantial amount not running a reserve side this season, even if the lads were on minimum wage,  A significant number of the young lads were fulltime, I think probably to swell the numbers at training,  this was something SM alluded to previously,  Nothing been officially announced yet regarding released players etc,  

47 minutes ago, Passionate said:

I  would imagine the club would save a substantial amount not running a reserve side this season, even if the lads were on minimum wage,  A significant number of the young lads were fulltime, I think probably to swell the numbers at training,  this was something SM alluded to previously,  Nothing been officially announced yet regarding released players etc,  

Definitely. McNeil was on the PFA player availability list as are a few of the other reserve players (Willison,Leighton and Ross) though that doesn't necessarily mean they've been released yet. 

Looks as if the 14 - 10 - 10 -10 is also a no go now also. A league with thistle and Falkirk whenever it starts and fans are allowed in will go a long way in helping with gate receipts. However, reduces our chances significantly of getting out the league. Not sure what to make of it tbh will just be glad when it’s back .

13 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Emailed the club about Colts and got a speedy reply to say my views would be passed on to the directors. As to the 14-10-10-10 I have kept my powder dry. Fair dos for at least replying.

More than I got. 

13 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Max Currie officially in. 

That's a real show of confidence in the club's health overall, as well as being an encouraging signing on pure football basis. 

That's a real show of confidence in the club's health overall, as well as being an encouraging signing on pure football basis. 

Agree with both points but note that it says he's agreed a deal to join the club, rather than joined the club. I assume the club have a rough idea of when the football will start back and have based the start date of his contract on this.